What are you listening to? (II)Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sage
  • 10,358 comments
  • 227,348 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
The String Tribute To Tool - Sober

:D can't get enough
 
The Butterfly Effect - "Consequence"

Top song, by a top Australian band. Highly recommend the "Begins Hear" album.
 
Stinky Chicken
Tool have a song called Stranglehold? Some fan I am! :lol:

It's a Ted Nugent cover, of all things...

No, 'Oh my god' as in: 'Oh my god words can't describe how awesomely cool this song is'

Eh... I own the album, and I must say the timing and pace of some of the instruments is way off... To an audiophile, like myself, it's like fingernails on a chalkboard when a song contains elements that are off key, off beat, or clashing with other sounds... The basic concept of the album is excellent... Tool has always utilized compositional elements closer related to classical music than rock... So, the transition to a string quartet was an obvious choice...

Don't get me wrong... I enjoy some of the songs on the album, but I just wish they would have done a better job on the pace and timing of the music...


Sigur Ros - starálfur



;)
 
I really want to listen to Tool but I'm currently having a major blow to The Butterfly Effect - "Crave". I need about 7 love heart smilies like MSN... :irked:
 
Delphic Reason
Eh... I own the album, and I must say the timing and pace of some of the instruments is way off... To an audiophile, like myself, it's like fingernails on a chalkboard when a song contains elements that are off key, off beat, or clashing with other sounds... The basic concept of the album is excellent... Tool has always utilized compositional elements closer related to classical music than rock... So, the transition to a string quartet was an obvious choice...

Don't get me wrong... I enjoy some of the songs on the album, but I just wish they would have done a better job on the pace and timing of the music...

Yeah I noticed it too, sometimes they're only miniscules mistakes and sometimes they're way off. Maybe the album was peiced together quickly allowing no corrections of mistakes?

Tool, The String Tribute To - The Patient
 
Delphic Reason
It's a Ted Nugent cover, of all things...



Eh... I own the album, and I must say the timing and pace of some of the instruments is way off... To an audiophile, like myself, it's like fingernails on a chalkboard when a song contains elements that are off key, off beat, or clashing with other sounds... The basic concept of the album is excellent... Tool has always utilized compositional elements closer related to classical music than rock... So, the transition to a string quartet was an obvious choice...

Don't get me wrong... I enjoy some of the songs on the album, but I just wish they would have done a better job on the pace and timing of the music...


Sigur Ros - starálfur



;)

You can't expect any old band that comes down the pike to be able to emulate Tool to a T, you know. While Tool do some good covers - like No Quarter for example, or You Lied - you can't expect any band in the world to ever cover a Tool song properly, even if they put as much time and effort into it as Tool do their albums - Tool are that far ahead. ;)

Personally, I think Tool should cover the entire Butterfly Effect - Begins Hear album. While the album in itself can actually rival the best put out by Tool in my humble one, Tool would seriously own it if they covered Begins Hear. You'd know what I mean if you hear the album. 👍
 
The Butterfly Effect - "Without Wings"

This album owns me. Straight up. 👍
 
Personally, I think Tool should cover the entire Butterfly Effect - Begins Hear album. While the album in itself can actually rival the best put out by Tool in my humble one, Tool would seriously own it if they covered Begins Hear. You'd know what I mean if you hear the album. 👍
I'd like to see Tool cover some Dream Theater stuff. Considering 90% of their songs go for a minimum of 10 minutes, and the songs go through so many stages (from quiet and relaxing to blasting guitar solos and drum beats), I reckon it'd be nice to see what Tool could make of it. ;)

Dream Theater - "The Glass Prison"
 
Shannon
I'd like to see Tool cover some Dream Theater stuff. Considering 90% of their songs go for a minimum of 10 minutes, and the songs go through so many stages (from quiet and relaxing to blasting guitar solos and drum beats), I reckon it'd be nice to see what Tool could make of it. ;)

Dream Theater - "The Glass Prison"

Hmm. DT would be nice. I'd like to see Tool cover their own stuff. Oddly enough. :odd:

The Butterfly Effect - "Without Wings"
 
Stinky Chicken
Hmm. DT would be nice. I'd like to see Tool cover their own stuff. Oddly enough. :odd:

The Butterfly Effect - "Without Wings"
That has to be the most ridiculous thing I've heard. :odd:

They could re-interpret their own songs, but we all know how much of a waste of space "Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm Of The War Drums" (Re-interpretation of "Pet") was on the new APC album. Then again, we all know APC is Billy Howerdel.
 
Shannon
That has to be the most ridiculous thing I've heard. :odd:

They could re-interpret their own songs, but we all know how much of a waste of space "Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm Of The War Drums" (Re-interpretation of "Pet") was on the new APC album. Then again, we all know APC is Billy Howerdel.

Yeah, well, any band that covers Tool songs badly needs to be shot. Aside from the String Tribute that is.

If Tool cover their own songs, at least it might sound good...

The Butterfly Effect - "Without Wings"
 
Joe Satriani - "Echo"
 
Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
 
Living Colour - "Cult of Personality"

Such an awesome riff. 👍
 
Kelis and Andre3000 - Millionaire
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back