What are you listening to? (V)Music 

• Thread starter Sage
  • 31,973 comments

I have a fairly unique piece of trivia about this song/album insomuch as I was a massive fan of Adam Ant in the early 80's, and got the album 'Friend or Foe' when it was released in 1982.

Weirdly, however, I was a bit disappointed by the album cover, as it was nowhere near as cool as 'Prince Charming' and the single was even worse:

5FED3E90-A6CB-4504-B263-D89A552C9010.jpeg

Very oddly, however, even though I was only 7 years old at the time, I noticed immediately that both the single cover and the album cover are just screenshots from a TV show at the time called 'The Cannon and Ball Show'

And, the dates on the video say the show was aired on 29th May 1982, but the album wasn't released until October 1982. This makes sense for multiple reasons... obviously the show must have happened first, otherwise the album cover couldn't have been taken from it; also, 29th May 1982 was a Saturday, and that was when Cannon and Ball were on the TV...

What's crazy, though, is that in May 1982, I was only 7 years and 4 months old, and when I got the single (which was released in September 1982) I recognised it straight away. And then, the album was released in October '82 and the cover was yet another (even worse) screengrab of the same show. The fact that I know that YT video exists is pretty good evidence that I genuinely remember this from 1982...

... thought I still love this song!!!

Last edited:
I have a fairly unique piece of trivia about this song/album insomuch as I was a massive fan of Adam Ant in the early 80's, and got the album 'Friend or Foe' when it was released in 1982.

Weirdly, however, I was a bit disappointed by the album cover, as it was not only nowhere near as cool as 'Prince Charming' and the single was even worse:

View attachment 1191479

Very oddly, however, even though I was only 7 years old at the time, I noticed immediately that both the single cover and the album cover are just screenshots from a TV show at the time called 'The Cannon and Ball Show'

And, the dates on the video say the show was aired on 29th May 1982, but the album wasn't released until October 1982. This makes sense for multiple reasons... obviously the show must have happened first, otherwise the album cover couldn't have been taken from it; also, 29th May 1982 was a Saturday, and that was when Cannon and Ball were on the TV...

What's crazy, though, is that in May 1982, I was only 7 years and 4 months old, and when I got the single (which was released in September 1982) I recognised it straight away. And then, the album was released in October '82 and the cover was yet another (even worse) screengrab of the same show. The fact that I know that YT video exists is pretty good evidence that I genuinely remember this from 1982...

... thought I still love this song!!!

I was 13 in 1982.I bought my first album in 1982,Prince Charming (1981) and my second album was Kings of the Wild Frontier (1980).

I was 13 in 1982.I bought my first album in 1982,Prince Charming (1981) and my second album was Kings of the Wild Frontier (1980).
Unbelievably, Adam Ant is playing Glasgow NEXT THURSDAY

Chris Kamara Unbelievable Jeff GIF

I just made a Spotify playlist and called it 'Antics', only then to find that his new tour is called 'Antics' too...

Sadly, there's no standing tickets left, but the most pricey ticket for a seat in the stalls is just £42.

I just made a Spotify playlist and called it 'Antics', only then to find that his new tour is called 'Antics' too...
You could always edit the playlist title... perhaps "Antiquity" would be more appropriate?

Hugh Mundell (as Jah Levi) - False Rumour

Last edited:
I know I post a lot of lo fi hip hop and indie playlists, but I work afternoons, so that's what I listen to while I'm at work. Also, I just love the music. So here's a limited time livestream of lo fi hip hop from Chillhop Music in anticipation of the release of their Fall '22 Essentials compilation in a few days.

Ext: Chillhop Music - 🍂 Fall Essentials Radio ∙ limited time livestream (YouTube)

Last edited:
All over the funkin' world:

Wilson Pickett - Funky Broadway

Beginning Of The End - Funky Nassau

Toots & The Maytals - Funky Kingston

Tom Browne - Funkin' For Jamaica

Last edited:
Back