What are you listening to? (V)Music 

• Thread starter Sage
  • 31,973 comments
Gordon Peterson made one album in 1989, Big Harvest, under his stage name of Indio. It was a masterpiece, full of intense songwriting, soulful singing, and loaded with talented musicians. He then walked away from the music industry, never releasing another album.

IMHO, this is a rare (early sixties), then commercially non-viable improvised Rock 'n' Roll jam session which found eventual release on a 45 rpm B-side.

It was cheekily named for Phil Spector's New York psychiatrist, Dr. Kaplan, and the product of Spector's arranger, engineer and band when Phil was out of the studio. The session men were all jazz or classically trained, and loved to goof-off when the boss was gone.

This thread needs something a bit more contemporary too, here's some tracks freshly released this week
Liquid DnB

Deep House

this 'Wall of Sound' masterpiece recorded at Hollywood's Gold Star studios in the summer of 1964 was shamefully only issued in the United States as an LP track on the legendary and collectible Philles LP, 'Presenting The Fabulous Ronettes - Featuring Veronica' issued in December 1964. (In 1965, 'You Baby' was curiously issued as the flip side to 'Is This What I Get For Loving You' in Britain.) It's a marvelously percussive, echo drenched and vocally seductive production that hands down, it's one of producer Phil Spector's finest recordings with the group in their brief but musically and culturally significant career. Written by Spector, Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil...arranger Jack Nitzsche, engineer Larry Levine.

John Coltrane was born on this day in 1926. He only lived to be 41 years old. He was an undisputed genius of jazz. I could post every one of his albums here, but I'll just leave a few.

Latest Posts

Back