What are you listening to? (V)Music 

• Thread starter Sage
  • 31,974 comments
Okay, time to start fresh so that the database hamster doesn't get tired. :)

I'm currently listening to They Might Be Giants, Podcast 9A.
Listening to this is like stepping into a time machine. It doesn’t always happen, but every now and then, I become reminiscent about my youth and the people I have interacted with, some people I no longer speak with, memories of crazy adventures and activities but mostly moments of isolation and how this song (among many other Coldplay songs) kept me warm and safe.

Last edited:
Fairport Convention - Sir Patrick Spens

(check out the fi-iiine looking black mama in the crowd at 2'25")

Last edited:
Duran Duran - Crystal Ship

Shame that didn't make it on Stoned Immaculate. I know that was a late '90s alt rock thing but Duran Duran's cover is better than anything on it.

Fairport Convention - Sir Patrick Spens

(check out the fi-iiine looking black mama in the crowd at 2'25")

So good but man I would have liked to see Richard Thompson playing.

Dickey Betts & Great Southern - In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed. In memory of the Allman Brothers guitarist who passed away this week at the age of eighty.

Dan Toler has a solo at 4'37".

Last edited:
Coldcut - Stop This Crazy Thing

I knew it sounded familiar but I couldn't for the life of me place the background music. Thank goodness for whosampled.com.

Spoilered in case you want to try guessing and show me up.

Turns out Coldcut sampled Super Grit by Trouble Funk who sampled/interpolated Grieg's In the Hall of the Mountain King. Kills me that I couldn't make it out because it sounds so obvious now.

Tonight’s sounds… Ø aka Mika Vainio and the epic Dub Techno album Olento. Incidentally Boomkat have just rereleased this on wax.

Back