What are you watching?

• Thread starter Blackbird.
  • 4,837 comments
Watched Chicken Run: Dawn of the Nugget. Watched The Super Mario Bros. Movie. Both gave feeling of nostalgia. So much work for both to come to fruition, good to finally see them.

Watched Ferrari. Brutal car crashes.

Watched Can I Tell You A Secret? Quite disturbing the lengths one person would go to terrorise so many women and it took so long for him to get caught. Attitude needs to change towards nastiness, it is not OK and should not be tolerated. One of the people on there, I was in the same form group and classes at school. She is genuinely such a nice person, I wonder if that criminal would have been as cruel if they actually knew her. So many keyboard warriors out there, more needs to be done to stop them!

It managed to chart number one on Netflix in the UK ahead of the likes of Formula 1: Drive to Survive which charted six in season six. I somehow haven't watched a single episode of that yet. However, I have seen a lot of the memes from it over the years.
top10-tv-united-kingdom-feb-19-feb-25-2024.jpg

Watched Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One. Quite unrealistic, lacked substance and seemed to be just going through the motions. Even though the movie is quite lengthy, seemed rushed in places. Hopefully part two can redeem it. However critics rated it very highly, so doesn't put much media pressure on them. They have done a great job before so I am sure internally they will want to make it the best. So far I think Fallout is best in the series. It edges out the first one simply because it features Méganes!

Watched Hypnotic (2023). This film was not well received by critics but I think it pulls off the plot of the movie well.

Watched The Beekeeper. Typecast but still worth a watch. Hopefully will bring about more awareness of scams.

Watched Fast Charlie. That accent I was not ready for from Pierce Brosnan.

I watched Harry Potter 6, The Half-Blood Prince. What an absolute trainwreck travesty of a movie. They gutted Snape's plotline in the book. They completely left out any mention of the Gaunts and Riddle's origin story. They assassinated Harry's character by completely changing the key moment in the plotline of not only the book but of probably the entire series. They went overboard with teenage smoochy BS and immature love angst, meanwhile burning down a home and a key setting for the remainder of the series. Are 7I and II as bad as this one was? My god, what a disappointment.

I watched Harry Potter 6, The Half-Blood Prince. What an absolute trainwreck travesty of a movie. They gutted Snape's plotline in the book. They completely left out any mention of the Gaunts and Riddle's origin story. They assassinated Harry's character by completely changing the key moment in the plotline of not only the book but of probably the entire series. They went overboard with teenage smoochy BS and immature love angst, meanwhile burning down a home and a key setting for the remainder of the series. Are 7I and II as bad as this one was? My god, what a disappointment.
I totally agree with you, the best book gets the worst movie adaptation. But 7 in two parts is much better precisely because of the split.

Back