What are your best lap times?

• Thread starter usedHONDA
  • 54 comments

usedHONDA

(Banned)
I used the most hated car in this forum, the Escudo PP (:dunce: :nervous: :guilty: :indiff: :ill: :ouch: :yuck: :crazy: :scared: :mad: :banghead: ), to get incredibly low lap times.

My two best are at Rome (1:05) and Apricot Hill (1:02). You can’t argue about those lap times.

usedHONDA
I used the most hated car in this forum, the Escudo PP (:dunce: :nervous: :guilty: :indiff: :ill: :ouch: :yuck: :crazy: :scared: :mad: :banghead: ), to get incredibly low lap times.

My two best are at Rome (1:05) and Apricot Hill (1:02). You can’t argue about those lap times.

:sly: :crazy: :lol: Very Funny.

Yes, I know I do truly hate the car, along with its cousin the Cultus, but they do give a total beginner a shot at you when you are trying to get them interested in the game. So, thankful these cars are fixed in GT3 and GT4 to a degree.:)

TMM
In what way?

In GT3 and GT4 they can't just be thrown on to the pavement and rule the world anymore, right?:sly: Or so I am told. Correct me if I am wrong, but I want to say that you will ruin my ignorant blissful dreams:nervous: :ill: :banghead: if I am wrong. In my opinion, one of the few true real flaws in gt2 is that you can take a rally car meant for off-road and throw RSS tires on it and crush the worlds greatest super cars in a race on pavement.
ps:
I have GT3 and GT4 but I am savoring every bit and so have not gotten that far in 3 and 4 yet.

I wouldn't say I hate the Escudo, rather I hate the fact that so many people use it to attack their game, ignoring many other cars that can do the same job in a more competitive spirit. The GT40. The Chaser LM. The '92 Mitsu 3000GT. So many gems...it just seems a crime not to explore them.

When someone boasts: "I just buy an escudo, and killed at REd Rock valley all stars" what that says to me is: "I am not that good, so I rely on too much horsepower to help me win."

Even in endurance races...the main complaint people have about them is that they are too long and boring...so might as well use an escudo, right? Well, dude, the REASON your race is boring is because you're frickin 7 laps ahead of everyone. Jump in a slower car and going head to head against the Toyota GT1 seems a foreign concept to these folks.

Last edited:
I got 1:26:XXX at Trial Mountain with my 333hp Subaru Impreza WRX-R Version VI using drift techniques.

"Even in endurance races...the main complaint people have about them is that they are too long and boring...so might as well use an escudo, right? Well, dude, the REASON your race is boring is cuz you're frickin 7 laps ahead of everyone. Jump in a slower car and going head to head against the Toyota GT1 seems a foreign concept to these folks."
I use the Escudo in some endurance races not because I'm bad, I do it because the races are too long and if I use a slower car like the CRAFT Trueno I could beat them too, but I want to make it faster because if not I will start getting headhache (probably bad spelled)

I use the Escudo in some endurance races not because I'm bad, I do it because the races are too long and if I use a slower car like the CRAFT Trueno I could beat them too, but I want to make it faster because if not I will start getting headhache (probably bad spelled)

That's fine. It's your game...I was just trying to educate with that earlier post. To me it's like this:

Endurance race in Excuse-o: Very fast, yet also boring. When I'm bored (in any car) I tend to get sloppy. I've actually restarted endurance races to make things more even.

Endurance race in a car with more appropriate power: When I'm dueling with 1 or 2 cars, I get a high. Endorphins I think the shrinks call it. Right now I'm in a dull phase of life so this high I get from videogame racing is actually important for my well-being. In any event, it's so much more fulfilling to do a race lap after lap, unsure of how the end is going to turn out, trying to strategize pit-timing and trying not to wear out your tires...just like real-life drivers do. Bla bla bla

...but that's just me. Do whatever floats you.

Last edited:
I got 1:26:XXX at Trial Mountain with my 333hp Subaru Impreza WRX-R Version VI using drift techniques.
I got 1:23:xxx with that car, I guess my skill improve a bit. I am using fully tuned to 333hp with sport suspension to keep me out from using "weird" ride height and spring rate.

Yeah, you did use some "weird" settings, I remember! But at least you were experimenting and we learned from your experiments.

Last edited:
Nice to hear that :).
I just learn that stabilizer and damper is better than spring rate and ride height for balancing car (learned in GT2 :D). In recent GT4 tuning competition I got high score for cornering even when I use lowest spring rate, and focus only on damper and stabilizer :). I got bad score in everything else :lol:.
I got horrible score at first three of my tuning competition entry, that's when I focus tuning mainly on spring rate and ride height .........

You did what I always wanted to: experiments I mean. I used to do stuff like max camber and stuff like in my GT1 days, but now I just get impatient. I need to RACE!

Last edited:
:lol:, the reason I do so much experiment because I suck at racing. Now I can do better on both driving and tuning from too much experiment :lol:.

I think the most fun I have had is taking my Subaru 360 and see what cars I
can beat with it. But I like that in GT4 as well, like the Suzuki GSX-R/4 beating
high horsepower LM cars and the like. I just like to see little cars beating bigger ones:D.

Got a new lap record at grindelwald, same car 1:20:973
120896.jpg

Let's see.. Full Customization Suspension, Super Soft Tires, Racing Brakes & Brake Controller, Full Customization Gears, Triple plate clutch, Carbon Driveshaft, Racing Flywheel, Racing performance chip, Stage 2 NA, Port & Polish, Engine Balance, Racing Muffler, 1.5way diff, & Stage 3 weight reduction.

Back