What are your best lap times?

• Thread starter usedHONDA
  • 54 comments
Yes, the Sunday Cup.

I used to do that at High Speed ring in GT1--jump in my Viper / Sunday Cup and watch till the AI cars got about halfway thru the track, then I'd launch! It's always fun looking at the replay from the perspective of the last AI car and seeing this blue DEVIL with stripes hauling up out of the horizon, and then flying by!

Last edited:
I also did that, but with some Nissan I won with a Mitsu 3000 at Rome Short I think. The Yellow with tons of sponsors Nissan was faster than a Ford GT.

If you buy an Escudo. PP at Tahiti, you can get close, but I can't do a complete lapping.

I will try that, try to lap the cars at Tahiti. Can I use one of my hybrids:D.
Also I got a new time with the Trueno, a 1:19:826. Have the picture if you want to see it.

Edit:
And one more thing, fujisai, you are one of the fastest GT2 drive's I have seen
in awhile. And although I have gotten faster you are still really fast:tup:.

you too Angel, you're very fast indeed. 👍
I'll try to see if I can catch up with your record if I have the time, I'm kinda hooked up at gt4 right now, as it's the first time I've played it.

Sorry this took soo long, I went and tried to lap the cars at Tahiti in the
Sunday Cup. And I came close but I just couldn't did it. The lap times I
got where a 51:6xx and a 47:xxx, but I could still not lap them. Even with
1900+ horsepower I would have to push hard to lap them. But I did finaly
beat them with one of my hybrids easy, I have a few pic's if you want them.
And I have some thing to ask sucahyo, do you have or could make a setup
for the Escudo, because I have found that my setups are not as fast as
yours when I drive them.

the fastest iv been around the high speed ring on gt2 is 45 seconds flat. i was using the escudo pikes peak and i made a few tweaks to stop it spinning out on the corners @ 285km/h (im from nz, so i say km/h, not mph)

Hmmm....well, I'd say that my best times have been set on Trial Mountain. With the Apex Kraft Trueno, I run an average time of 1:17.xxx.

On a good day, though, I've managed to shave more than 2 seconds off of that. :)

I'm gonna make a vid (as evidence lol), and hopefully have it posted by Monday. 👍

To see the vid, click here

This is my Apex Kraft Trueno running Trial Mountain in 1:15.728. Although I can place faster times in the Escudo (lol) and Speed 12 and etc... I see this as one of my best lap times, because this Trueno has only about 385hp. Additionally, it took me a long, long time to get this thing tuned to the level it's at now :ouch:

This is my Apex Kraft Trueno running Trial Mountain in 1:15.728. Although I can place faster times in the Escudo (lol) and Speed 12 and etc... I see this as one of my best lap times, because this Trueno has only about 285hp. Additionally, it took me a long, long time to get this thing tuned to the level it's at now :ouch:
can you upload the video to file hosting like www.turboupload.com ?

I would like to see it but I have slow connection.

This is my Apex Kraft Trueno running Trial Mountain in 1:15.728. Although I can place faster times in the Escudo (lol) and Speed 12 and etc... I see this as one of my best lap times, because this Trueno has only about 285hp. Additionally, it took me a long, long time to get this thing tuned to the level it's at now :ouch:

Me too...I've got WebTV which is dial-up. One of my roomies has a real computer so I'll check out your vid later.

...and welcome here, Ron :) always cool to have new faces.

Last edited:
Alright, here are the links for download:

RIGHT CLICK HERE NOT THERE AND SAVE AS - This is the time trial clip.

And, not to get off topic, but, as a bonus clip...

RIGHT CLICK HERE NOT THERE AND SAVE AS - This is the story of how a GT300 car fulfilled his dream of running in the GT500 class and defeating all the NSX's, Supra's, and Skyline's...lol :dopey:

(Special thanks to Suchayo for referring the online file storage site.)

btw, thanks Parnelli for the welcome. :) It's always nice to get a welcome. Makes me feel more welcome lol.

Alright, here are the links for download:

RIGHT CLICK HERE NOT THERE AND SAVE AS - This is the time trial clip.

And, not to get off topic, but, as a bonus clip...

RIGHT CLICK HERE NOT THERE AND SAVE AS - This is the story of how a GT300 car fulfilled his dream of running in the GT500 class and defeating all the NSX's, Supra's, and Skyline's...lol :dopey:

(Special thanks to Suchayo for referring the online file storage site.)

btw, thanks Parnelli for the welcome. :) It's always nice to get a welcome. Makes me feel more welcome lol.

Yeah, and you get the benefit of a decent community these days. One of my first posts here back in may of 2004 was to ask why the tires don't wear out in GT2 properly like they do in other GT games. I got flamed pretty harsh by a member (now banned) just for asking. Things have changed since then thankfully.

Hey have you noticed the GT500 isn't as tough as the GT300? I sure did after I finished the GT500 this past Saturday using a Castrol Supra. The cars in the GT500 don't drive as well or smemthing...I notice in the 300 they're driving near-perfect.

Last edited:
Yeah, and you get the benefit of a decent community these days. One of my first posts here back in may of 2004 was to ask why the tires don't wear out in GT2 properly like they do in other GT games. I got flamed pretty harsh by a member (now banned) just for asking. Things have changed since then thankfully.

Hey have you noticed the GT500 isn't as tough as the GT300? I sure did after i finished the GT500 this past Saturday using a Castrol Supra. The cars in the GT500 don't drive as well or soemthing...i notice in the 300 they're driving near-perfect.

Hhmmmmm...well, if I use the Apex Kraft (as you know, a GT300 class car) in the GT300 championship, it's really easy. Also, with a tuned Mazda Demio [R], it's pretty easy lol.

But yeah, I think I know what you mean, with their driving lines being near-perfect and all.

However...because of that, it makes them very predictable, so it's easy to prep accordingly and pass on almost any corner (imo).

Hhmmmmm...well, if I use the Apex Kraft (as you know, a GT300 class car) in the GT300 championship, it's really easy. Also, with a tuned Mazda Demio [R], it's pretty easy lol.

But yeah, I think I know what you mean, with their driving lines being near-perfect and all.

However...because of that, it makes them very predictable, so it's easy to prep accordingly and pass on almost any corner (imo).

The GT300 is slower than the 500, but the cars drive more accurately in the 300..that's what I mean to say. Also, the 500 features that race at Stupor Speedway. Easy win because the 500 cars brake into the first turn...who needs to do that? :D

That's awesome you did the 300 with a Demio :) I think I used an Integra once.

Last edited:
grit-your-teeth-mash-every-button-curse-every-five-seconds-don't-even-blink fun :mad:

Seriously, lol.

That's about what I figured...like the races are winnable but not a Sunday drive. I admire that you tackle these with a self-challenge, that's what I'm all about. I've used a BMW 328Ci, '96 Corvette, Integra GSR (the fake Type R with a real Type R engine) and 3 or 4 other cars. I tend not to use prize or LM cars ...mostly I like the process of buying something from the dealer, tweaking it up, and seeing what she can do. :)

Last edited:
RonThomp I download your file, but it says it need codec he can't install. Can you post your video in other format? maybe mpg (mpeg1) or xvid-avi?

RonThomp I download your file, but it says it need codec he can't install. Can you post your video in other format? maybe mpg (mpeg1) or xvid-avi?

Hmmmm...well, I'm gonna have to convert it on my PC, so I'll probably have it done by next week. Sorry about the hold-ups...:guilty:

Latest Posts

Back