What are your favourite Custom Race settings?

• Thread starter MaxAttack
  • 5 comments
United Kingdom
Isle of Wight, UK
Scanning through this subforum I didn't see this and thought it an interesting discussion point.

What are your favourite settings for a Custom Race in GT Sport? We all know GTS' AI drivers can be a little... Underwhelming, so I wonder what players have done to try and get a good race out of the single player mode?

I have been running some kart races to clear every track on pro in the arcade race mode, and found that on some tracks the AI can actually do ok in the kart and a small mistake can cost me a decent amount of time.

I was doing a custom race at Sardegna with a stock Porsche and sport tires that was very tough to win, I dont remember the set up but it was a pretty long and challenging race to win (45 minutes plus)

Might be somewhat controversial but these are my favourite settings:
Endurance, somewhere between 12 to 24 hours, Honda beat vs one Gr1 car, professional difficulty, Tokyo Expressway Inner Loop, rubber band around the controller.
Solely used to farm for xp in order to get to level 50. Brings in a lot of money as well, allowing me to buy every expensive car out there.
I never actually race in custom races, still having fun doing dailies 👍

Tsukuba or Suzuka Short with Gr.2 cars. 1hr long with at least 5x fuel and tyre wear (I change it up every race so its something slightly different) with full damage and rolling starts, starting last.

The tight tracks with only one or two overtaking opportunities mean you have to short fuel or use softer tyres to get an advantage. It also leads to more contact and damage meaning you have to either to nurse the car to the next pit stop or stop early and use a tyre advantage.

Back