What are your hopes/expectations for FH4?

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 280 comments
I'd like to see a UK-based game incorporating the things one would expect from this place. The countrysides, rural and coastal villages, highlands and a couple of cities inspired by some of the places up north. Forza also has good reason to dig a bit deeper into the UK automotive history and mimic some of those highly regarded driving roads. Interesting weather scenarios too.

I'm tired of the Horizon festival though. Too many freaks and too little genuine car culture, so bring on something new and innovative.

This would work really well if they made the Horizon festivals a true FoS with different hills at each site.

I personally want narrower roads that are not only challenging, but naturally balances the cars in game between the lightweight models that can carry more momentum into corners against supercars that can pull away but need to slow more. It would add a real dynamic to racing. In H3, I find myself avoiding anything above A class because the racing feels cheap. The Alfa 155 Q4 has provided me way more racing thrills than anything MR and powerful.

Above all else, it needs to change its approach so it doesn't fall into the FM7 trap of 'more of the same.'

Last edited:
The festival is the most tacky and weird thing in the game, I don't know why they stick with it. Not to mention how it ruins some very nice views by being this ugly group of flashy lights in the background which serve no purpose. It's not even something that appeals to the average consumer, because the average 14 year old doesn't care, he just wants to drift his S14 with his friend in a Mclaren P1. I'd like to see it be a bit more like TDU, where you have your own place, and you have a choice of a few different places across the map. Maybe still have something like the festival to make the racing part of the game plausible, but have it be a bit more like Gumball 3000 rather than Glastonbury placed in random environments with cars running through the middle.

What I thought would be really cool was something like the showcase events but in multiplayer. For example you have a hillclimb with two alternate routes which take the same time to complete, one is tarmac and another is dirt (and they join at the end for the finish). I don't know why they haven't done it already, maybe it would be too hard to make work. I don't know, maybe it would require making a tarmac hillclimb, which the last two games make look very difficult to make. :odd:

Oh no, I'm thinking of ideas, this isn't good. I just thought they should do something like the ice-track on Blizzard Mountain. But more like a motorcross track suitable for cars like the Polaris RZR, and some tight and rugged forest trails where you can barely get two vehicles past each other. Make all of these cool off-road cars have a use outside of ramming people online (*sigh*).

And finally some character customisation would be great too, just changing clothing would be fine. Because who the hell wears a white t-shirt and shorts in a Polaris RZR or Ariel Nomad? At least some MX-style gear would be cool for that scenario, but "casual sunny day at the beach" attire is sort of... Weird. I could go on for hours about what the next game could improve on, but I don't see much of it being a possibility.

(Cracks knuckles)

-The character customization level of Pokemon XY, Xenoblade X, or Star Trek Online
-More asphalt for normal cars
-Ability to turn off traffic
-Route maker
-A non-Festival setting
-A Forzavista button
-Naughty Dog's animation work
-More cities
-Twisting mountain roads
-Track days
-Realistic expansions
-Better file management
-GT Sport's approach to livery creation
-A jazz station
-A classic rock station
-Track days

Last edited:
(Cracks knuckles)

-The character customization level of Pokemon XY, Xenoblade X, or Star Trek Online
-More asphalt for normal cars
-Ability to turn off traffic
-Route maker
-A non-Festival setting
-A Forzavista button
-Naughty Dog's animation work
-More cities
-Twisting mountain roads
-Track days
-Realistic expansions
-Better file management
-GT Sport's approach to livery creation
Already got a forzavista in FH3. And 2. Both with a button.

Push X on the menu. Couldn't be easier.

Last edited:
While i like the freeroam aspect of FH3, i feel that while the map was big, it was filled with USELESS space, throw in some racecourses within the map to fill in space and maybe also block off areas so that we can be forced to use roads to navigate from point to point as opposed to just pointing our cars at the destination and gunning it across fields/rivers/farms etc. And another thing, make it impossible to offroad a laferrari or p1 or anycar that has a ground clearance of < 2".

And another thing, make it impossible to offroad a laferrari or p1 or anycar that has a ground clearance of < 2".
When not in a race, have the cars revert to real world grip and ground clearance. Take your LaFerrari into the jungle? Get stuck immediately, and have to call a tow truck. Which you will have to pay for.

use roads to navigate from point to point as opposed to just pointing our cars at the destination and gunning it across fields/rivers/farms etc. And another thing, make it impossible to offroad a laferrari or p1 or anycar that has a ground clearance of < 2".

It's almost impossible with a wheel. Got stuck on a lake lastnite online in a head to head race, using a 599xx. My car was going literally 4mph. I also have a slammed castrol supra, which is almost impossible to drive on dirt period. When using a wheel the physics are actually close to fm6. I have both

OT Alot of games are moving toward orpgs, so i expect to be able to be a passenger in a car, as well as a guest in a house.

1. More life in the environment. The Horizons thus far have a very cold and isolated feeling even with the stunning visuals. Whether it's having garages (ala PGR/GTA/TDU) around the map that are purchaseable/unlockable or some other kind of engagement, there needs to be WAY more life in the next title.

2. Better designed map. FH3's map is pretty large, but damn is it lame. I have way more fun (just driving) in GTA V's comparatively small map. This goes back to point #1 a little bit, but GTA actually feels like a real, breathing world. FH3 feels like some sort of fenced-in driving zoo. The roads need to be carefully designed to establish more varied driving/gameplay. FH3 is actually a noticeable setback in this regard, as its roads are less interesting than the first game.

3. More mainstream vehicles. Way more. There were more Ferraris in FH3 than front wheel drive cars (it's true, look for yourself!). I can't really feel immersed in a game that feels like a digital/playable embodiment of a Shmee150 video.

4. The festival. It has always been dumb. Just get rid of it already. It feels like a crutch at this point.

5. Sense of progression. Being the boss for FH3 didn't work for me. The game just throws you money and cars in a way that takes away any feeling of progression or accomplishment.

6. Barn finds. I like the idea, but the execution should be more engaging. I've got plenty of ideas how that could be done, why doesn't PG?

7. Better game mechanics regarding off road. A Zonda R couldn't drive 5 meters in thick grass. The madness must stop. The off road vehicles are all but pointless at this point because supercars can go through any terrain.

8. Less clinical feeling interface. This is a long shot, but I really dislike the whole Forza interface experience. Give it some life, please.

9. Drivatars. They are homicidal imbeciles that don't appear to be programmed to be aware of other vehicles, driving standards, or anything else. It breaks any sort of immersion to be constantly slammed into by drivatars.

Basically I think FH4 should lean *heavily* on GTA-O for crafting an open world experience that people will keep coming back to, and not just rely on creating a larger map and thinking it will solve all of the shortcomings the FH series has had so far.

Maybe they had you be the boss so the next game could move away from that altogether? You came full circle, they could then wrap it up and move on.

Already got a forzavista in FH3. And 2. Both with a button.

Push X on the menu. Couldn't be easier.

There's forzavista in FH2?

Anyway, this is my wishlist

Map
Horizon 2 location is, for me, the best one so far and I really can't expect any better. So I really wish something totally different. Here's some ideas

- Switzerland.
A map in the middle of the alps with lakes, snow and everything could be astonishing. Even better with some seasons cycle.

- Japan
The most possible one so far I think. But another left driving Horizon would be frustrating

- Brazil
Something like Australia from the third, but more colourful and with bigger forests. Interesting

- Africa
Another very possible one. Just hoping not to be very off-road oriented

Cars
Forza carlist is the best of any driving game ever, so i just drop some models I would love to see in the game

Ferrari Testarossa cabrio
Ferrari 512BB
Ferrari 348
Ferrari 360Modena
Alfa Romeo MiTo QV
Alfa Romeo 164
Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
Alfa Romeo TZ
BMW 850i
BMW Z1
BMW Z3
Audi 100
Maserati Ghibli
Mercedes-Benz Pagoda
De Tomaso Pantera
Venturi 400GT

Random Features

Full customization of the charachter
Buy Houses (Like TDU)
Open/Close convertibles
Disable Drivatars
Forzavista everywhere
Step out of the car just to take a walk and look at the car would be lovely

I'm expecting it to be in the us as of a Easter egg I found in the game if you look and the Goliath race in fh3 it is shaped like the us also this was the case for the map of fh3 because the outline of the whole map using the roads is shaped like Australia

It NEEDS to have a bigger map, FH2 & FH3 both lost my attention pretty quickly.

I Probably won't bother with 4 unless map is bigger and more interesting

I would like to see Japan and particularly an on map recreation of Fujimi Kaido since I feel that track would fit into a Horizon game better. Plus just thinking of setting, having a large map that would feature Fuji and Fujimi but also Tokyo Bay would be a great way to add a lot of variety to the racing. They could feasibly add touge events and dockyard races which I think would fit well. I would also like to see them bring back rally events and possibly incorporate RallyX style events as well. Main point is I think they need to diversify the map and race types available, as well as keeping the car list. I'd also like to see some more realistically narrow rounds and lots of corners. FH3 really suffered from the lack of interesting road variants, as it did seem like there was a lot of straighter roads across a good portion of the map. FH2 certainly did better with having a seemingly more realistic scenery and road layout, so heading back in a direction like that would be welcome. If Japan doesn't end up happening then I'd like to throw in an odd ball location, namely the Taconics and Berkshires in NY and New England, around where Lime Rock is, as there's a lot of good driving roads out here that could translate well into a Horizon game.

As a newcomer to the Horizon franchise, I only want a couple improvements on FH4:

1) Drift battles with AI
2) Improvements to the engine noise (I found similar but tweaked sounds in some cars)

No qualms on controls, graphics and physics, its fine so far. I do hope on a more varied map rather than just a big, sweeping and wide road system in FH3.

More elevation, going up massive mountains.

More cars.

Make an actual world, aka i can go from Europe to Asia by gunning some magic hyper tunnel for 15 seconds. No load times. The tunnel would be the load.

• Interesting driving roads
  • Convertible top operations for convertible cars
  • Turn signal operation
  • Return of Blueprint

• Return of more Forza classics including:
2005 Aston Martin DB9
2010 Aston Martin Rapide
2001 Aston Martin V12 Vanquish
2004 Audi TT 3.2 Quattro
1971 BMW 3.0 CSL
2002 BMW M3 GTR Strassenversion
2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe
2009 Chevrolet Aveo LT
2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged
2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe
2005 Chrysler ME Four-Twelve Concept
2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser Turbo
1982 Delorean DMC-12
2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10
1996 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo
2004 Dodge Viper Competition Coupe
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10
2006 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
1995 Ferrari F355 Challenge
2010 Ford Fusion Sport
1968 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR
2004 Honda Accord EX
1999 Honda Civic Si Coupe
1995 Honda CR-X Del Sol VTEC
2002 Honda MUGEN Integra Type R
2003 Honda MUGEN S2000
2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT
2008 Jaguar XKR Coupe
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX
1999 Lamborghini Diablo GTR
2005 Lamborghini Gallardo
2005 Lamborghini Murcielago
2003 Lexus IS300
2002 Lexus SC430
2006 Maserati GranSport
2011 Mazda 2
2008 Mazda Furai
2003 Mazda Protégé MAZDASPEED
2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A
2009 Mercedes-Benz A200 Turbo Coupe
2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG
2003 Mini Cooper S
2010 Mitsubishi Colt RalliArt
2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT V6
1998 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R
1995 Mitsubishi MINE'S Lancer Evolution VI RS
2010 Morgan Aero Supersports
2004 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE
2009 Nissan Versa SL
2005 Panoz Esperante GTLM
1999 Pagani Zonda C12
2004 Peugeot 206 RC
2010 Peugeot RCZ
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
2006 Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe
2007 Porsche 911 Turbo
2006 Porsche Cayman S
2010 Renault Twingo Renault Sport Cup
2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen
2008 Saab 9-3 Turbo X
1978 Saab 99 Turbo
2000 Saleen Mustang S281
2006 Saleen Mustang S281E
2006 Saleen S331 Supercab
2010 Saleen S5S Raptor
2005 Scion Tc
2007 Seat Leon CUPRA
2010 Spyker C8 Laviolette LM85
1999 Shelby Series 1 Supercharged
2004 Toyota Camry Solara
1999 Toyota GT-ONE Road Car
2002 Toyota MR-S
2008 Toyota Yaris S
1998 TVR Cerbera Speed 12
2002 TVR Tuscan R
2005 Vauxhall Monaro VXR
2003 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
2003 Volkswagen Bora VR6
2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6
2003 Volkswagen New Beetle 1.8T S
2004 Volvo S60 R T5 Sport
2008 Weissmann GT MF5

I just want a better map. Sorry, I love Australia, but it was very boring in the game. The low number of good roads and the small map size were such a let down. Surly they could have made the map larger when games like TDU had a much larger map on a previous generation console.

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Throw in some houses/ garages or a place to upgrade your car that isn't a silly festival. Yeah, fat chance in a game named and centered around the festival stuff.

I have to agree regarding the map. Not the size of the map itself but the rather ''quality'' of it. As much as I love and as much time I put into FH3, the map in the end just wasn't that good.

Having picked up a X360 E along with FH1 just yesterday, I instantly found Colorado to be so much more interesting and fun to drive around in.
Those mountain regions and its' twisty roads were sorely missed and needs to return, badly.

MXH
I have to agree regarding the map. Not the size of the map itself but the rather ''quality'' of it. As much as I love and as much time I put into FH3, the map in the end just wasn't that good.

Having picked up a X360 E along with FH1 just yesterday, I instantly found Colorado to be so much more interesting and fun to drive around in.
Those mountain regions and its' twisty roads were sorely missed and needs to return, badly.

Agreed. I skipped out on the first Horizon when it released, but I got it free through Games with Gold a while back and thanks to XBox One's backwards compatibility I have finally gotten around to playing it recently and I loved the map. Don't know how big it actually is, but it does feel much bigger then FH3 because of how much more restrictive it is about going off road. You can't just cut a straight path to your destination. Plus the elevation changes where great, Makes FH3 feel flat as a table top.

I would not be opposed to a remastered version of FH1 with the roadside barriers removed for more offroading adventures.

Anyone else feel like the day-night cycle in FH3 is a little strange? The night time lasts less than one lap of Goliath (in a B class car anyways) which kind of spoils the immersion for me. The days seem to last forever in comparison.

Anyone else feel like the day-night cycle in FH3 is a little strange? The night time lasts less than one lap of Goliath (in a B class car anyways) which kind of spoils the immersion for me. The days seem to last forever in comparison.

I mean, it's an accelerated day and night cycle like pretty much any open world game, but I see what you mean.

I wish that more games would follow Burnout Paradise's example and offer only day or night, an accelerated D/N cycle, and either a 24 hour one that starts at 00:00 or is set to your system's clock.

I'm Contemplating fh2 now. Never played it, but its 30 with the Porsche pack. Downloaded the demo 5mins ago.

Back