What are your hopes/expectations for FH4?

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 280 comments
If that is the case, I'm banking on the McLaren Senna being the cover car.

I really could do with a second link proving I'm a psychic in my signature...

I'm waiting for the box art, but the initial signs look good so far!

UPDATE: YAY

Last edited:
Winter looked absolutely gobsmacking. 60FPS mode is a huge deal for console, and new lens flares on the Defender's brakelights looked amazing too. Also, I liked the touches in traffic - Fiesta with bikes on top and snow gritters :P

This is gonna be absolutely perfect.

Was blown away by the trailer. Then, Ralph Fulton informs "Always-online".

Well, that's interest dropped to zero.

What makes it any different from TDU or The Crew, both of which were always online? in fact, it was the next evolutionary step for Horizon.

What makes it any different from TDU or The Crew, both of which were always online? in fact, it was the next evolutionary step for Horizon.

If there's a server outage, then the game becomes unplayable.

It's my biggest concern about it as well.

He said other drivers in the world will all be actual players and that seasons will be synchronized for everyone. The only way to do that is always-online.

And, looking that to be the case, it's a no buy for me.

TDU allowed you to play offline. The Crew, I just ignored because there's no way to play alone in the world. You're always in a lobby.

Some more gameplay:

Nice.
upload_2018-6-10_21-53-8.png

All the leak cars are slotting right into place now. Morris Minor, MGB, and Taxi in the trailer, Fiesta GRC in the gameplay, etc.

EDIT: Oh, and it's good to see VW back. The Beetle buggy being present confirms that so it'll be nice to finally have them back in Horizon. I looked for some Toyotas but I could only see the offroaders from FM7 so no confirmation yet.

FH3 shipped with just over 350 cars... think this one will have 450? 500? I think somewhere around 450 would be their target.

He also said you can play by yourself. You can ignore the online aspect.

Maybe you can avoid playing "online" but he did say synchronized weather and seasons for everyone. How's that done without a constant internet connection to their server? He also made a comment about how other cars in the world are real people. He could have been mentioning Drivatars, but there's still a major difference between "Drivatar" and "real person", so it's a big mess up on his part if that's what he meant.

FH3 shipped with just over 350 cars... think this one will have 450? 500? I think somewhere around 450 would be their target.
With a lot of FM7's DLC cars being extremely appropriate for FH4 (imagine the Kia Stinger or Maserati Levante on these roads...) I wouldn't be surprised by 500+

Maybe you can avoid playing "online" but he did say synchronized weather and seasons for everyone. How's that done without a constant internet connection to their server? He also made a comment about how other cars in the world are real people. He could have been mentioning Drivatars, but there's still a major difference between "Drivatar" and "real person", so it's a big mess up on his part if that's what he meant.

I'm guessing if you're offline it uses generic drivatars and uses the system clock to determine the season. Pretty much the same as it is now.

Now that FH4 is indeed being set in the UK, I want to see lots of British music artists in the soundtrack; I don't care what genre. I already have an all-British rock station with roughly 30 songs conceived in my mind. Other genres I'm not too seasoned on to compile a full station with roughly 30 songs.

Now that FH4 is indeed being set in the UK, I want to see lots of British music artists in the soundtrack; I don't care what genre. I already have an all-British rock station with roughly 30 songs conceived in my mind. Other genres I'm not too seasoned on to compile a full station with roughly 30 songs.

Hospital Records is a shoo in. Believe that.

Back