What are your plans regarding the new seasonals regarding daily sign-in bonuses?

• Thread starter seeker589
  • 38 comments
United States
Amish country, USA
seeker589
OK - this may sound like a no brainer - but if we wait until the 5th sign-in day and then do all the seasons before they expire - we could be sitting on some serious coin!

My biggest question is: Are you going to go for Gold right off - or are you gonna do it in steps and earn Bronze, then silver, finishing with gold - thus earning the most money total?

Staying on track and just lapping until you get gold could be economically unwise.

My planed method: When you get Bronze - exit - claim the prize (up to 200% of it!) Then go back in and get Silver - exit - claim that prize. Then go in and drive like a bat out of hell and get Gold.

I feel that not doing this is cheating you out of lots of really big honest money.

Your thoughts?

Is it not like all the other seasonals where you get paid out for bronze silver and gold if you gold it straight off?

Is it not like all the other seasonals where you get paid out for bronze silver and gold if you gold it straight off?

I have only had this happen to me once - when I golded the first lap. For all the rest of us back markers - we gotta work for our gold.:crazy::)

Golded all seasonals so far with a DS3, did the 3 new ones this morning before I went to work in 20 - 30 minutes.

I could have waited till day 5 (or done the time zone trick) but, I gotta have those paint colours immediately.

I just did a little math.

On the three seasonals I haven't played (Mito, 15th AE cars, and Hudson) - if you have the fifth day 200% payout bonus - and you don't use my technique - you could cheat yourself out of 2,800,000 credits.

Add that to the bonus you get with the 200% Gold award or 3,200,000cr - 6,000,000 credits.

That's a-lot of clams!

I hope they keep doing this whole bonus thing!

I really think they have listened to their loyal fan base and tried to make good on the low in-game credit reward thing.

Disclaimer: my math could be off - like WAY off. But I can dream.

I was going to wait, but there will be more seasonals in the future I can do when I have my 200% log in bonus active.

I had trouble with the Mario Andretti lap, I was actually 3-4 seconds behind gold. I just went onto the online leaderboards, went to first place who was actually 6 seconds below the gold time, and I watched his replay and downloaded his driving line.

I just followed his ghost on the track and braked and accelerated to his inputs, I was of course 3 seconds behind him, but it got me the gold.

I am just going to keep improving on my BMW TT and then when I get my full log-in bonus in a few more days, I'll tackle the other TT's.

I just did a little math.

On the three seasonals I haven't played (Mito, 15th AE cars, and Hudson) - if you have the fifth day 200% payout bonus - and you don't use my technique - you could cheat yourself out of 2,800,000 credits.

Add that to the bonus you get with the 200% Gold award or 3,200,000cr - 6,000,000 credits.

That's a-lot of clams!

I hope they keep doing this whole bonus thing!

I really think they have listened to their loyal fan base and tried to make good on the low in-game credit reward thing.

Disclaimer: my math could be off - like WAY off. But I can dream.

Getting gold right away in seasonals award the prizes of gold, silver, and bronze. There's no point wasting your time getting bronze, then silver, then gold. It's always been that way, unless they changed the format in these new seasonals (I haven't done them yet).

Getting gold right away in seasonals award the prizes of gold, silver, and bronze. There's no point wasting your time getting bronze, then silver, then gold. It's always been that way, unless they changed the format in these new seasonals (I haven't done them yet).
Yes with the events where you can only get the prize money once you get bronze and silver prizes if you get gold. In the later gt5 seasonals were you could get the money more than once you only got the money for the position you finished

I did the seasonal right away. (The Hudson Hornet) Took a few laps to get the car and Track but Golded it for Mario.

It would make sense to wait until you have the full 200% before you go for the win. And I may do that for the MiTo seasonal. The Deadline is weeks away so no real rush.

I wonder if in a few years time I will regret losing a big pay out? In GT5 I was logging in to send people F40's to give them more cash.

(I was reading about Hard to get Gold, and thought these guys must be playing some fantasy role playing game.)

I KNOW that you get all the prize money if you run a GOLD lap on your first lap. I turn off everything but ABS and TCS - they are set to "ONE". I am not an alien - I can't just drive fast in a car I am not familiar with. I use the first lap to "learn" the car.

I just approached it as a money making system. We are playing a GAME. Some philosophers could say that all that doesn't contribute positively to society is a waste. Do games contribute to society? Everything is relative.

I KNOW that you get all the prize money if you run a GOLD lap on your first lap. I turn off everything but ABS and TCS - they are set to "ONE". I am not an alien - I can't just drive fast in a car I am not familiar with. I use the first lap to "learn" the car.

I just approached it as a money making system. We are playing a GAME. Some philosophers could say that all that doesn't contribute positively to society is a waste. Do games contribute to society? Everything is relative.

Then what the hell nonsense were you talking about doing it in steps so that you don't cheat yourself out of credits?

"Are you going to go for Gold right off - or are you gonna do it in steps and earn Bronze, then silver, finishing with gold - thus earning the most money total?"

You get the same amount of credits either way. I think you're confused.

Ryk
I did the seasonal right away. (The Hudson Hornet)

.........XsnipX................

It would make sense to wait until you have the full 200% before you go for the win. And I may do that for the MiTo seasonal. The Deadline is weeks away so no real rush.

......XsnipX.............

This is my strategy, too.

Well, regardless of what trophies you get, you've still got to have the login bonus, and that's gonna be an issue if it doesn't actually register that you've logged in! Yesterday I logged in, got the 2nd day bonus, today logged in, back to day 1. Pretty sure yesterday and today are only one day apart, so looks like that's not working as it should...

Then what the hell nonsense were you talking about doing it in steps so that you don't cheat yourself out of credits?

"Are you going to go for Gold right off - or are you gonna do it in steps and earn Bronze, then silver, finishing with gold - thus earning the most money total?"

You get the same amount of credits either way. I think you're confused.

I'm gonna do it the way I outlined. I don't want to try and gold the first lap. I WANT max payout but not the pressure of getting gold first lap.

I'm gonna enjoy the game and take my time. I didn't buy the game to finish it. I bought it because I enjoy it.

I may be confused- but not about this!

Peace, brother. There are far more important things in the world to get excited about.

But I'm still curious:

"if you have the fifth day 200% payout bonus - and you don't use my technique - you could cheat yourself out of 2,800,000 credits."

Why and how would that ever happen?

To be honest, I did consider waiting till the 200% bonus was in effect but......a) I'm extremely impatient and b) I really wanted one of the cars that costs 4.5M and didn't want to wait. I did all the new seasonals and golded them, so I will miss out on 70% of the bonus but I'm not too bothered about it. Besides, if I really need the credits that badly, then I can just go and grind the Red Bull Junior events for over 1M credits per 5 event championship once I have the 200% (was planning to do that anyway as they are great fun to drive)

I'm sitting at 6,500,000 CR and 65% through the game. Thanks to the seasonals, I can now afford those chassis repairs I'm hearing about. I also heard the career pays about 8,000,000 give or take once complete. I think with 11,000,000 I'll be set as I do not intend to buy any expensive cars just yet.

In answer to the OP's question: No, I don't value waiting to play this game just for 1,000,000 more in login bonus(I was at 130% last night and earned 1,404,000 CR from one lap). I'll take the 200% when I earn it and be on my way (in five days--don't see a point in changing my time zone) . I understand why others might choose to do so but I value playing the game as is.

I'm waiting for the bonus on Sunday... I'm dying to run them but they will still be there for a few weeks. No use in getting antsy and costing myself a million credits by running them early

Did everything apart Hudson challenge (just bronze there). Waiting to hit 200% to finish it/do the new ones.

Love the difficulty to gold those 👍

But I'm still curious:

"if you have the fifth day 200% payout bonus - and you don't use my technique - you could cheat yourself out of 2,800,000 credits."

Why and how would that ever happen?

If you don't gold on the first lap (which gets you all award credits) and you keep hammering laps until you get the gold - you only get the gold prize credits when you exit.

If you exit after each step - bronze, silver, and gold - you can get all awards instead of just the gold prize credits.

For example:
In the Mario's Hudson event - Under the 200% bonus - say you gold on the fourth lap then exit - you only receive gold prize of 1,100,000 credits. If you exit at each step - you get an additional 980,000 credits for the bronze and silver prizes.

I hope this helps.

In all seriousness - Thank you for continuing to ask questions. I was wondering if there was a misunderstood point in there somewhere.

I'm sitting at 6,500,000 CR and 65% through the game. Thanks to the seasonals, I can now afford those chassis repairs I'm hearing about. I also heard the career pays about 8,000,000 give or take once complete. I think with 11,000,000 I'll be set as I do not intend to buy any expensive cars just yet.

In answer to the OP's question: No, I don't value waiting to play this game just for 1,000,000 more in login bonus(I was at 130% last night and earned 1,404,000 CR from one lap). I'll take the 200% when I earn it and be on my way (in five days--don't see a point in changing my time zone) . I understand why others might choose to do so but I value playing the game as is.

That's cool. I've only got about 450,000 credits and about 50% finished with the game. I'm kind of excited to get the opportunity to earn more credits easier - I really want the Chaparrals and Vic Edelbrock's Vette and they ain't cheap.

If you don't gold on the first lap (which gets you all award credits) and you keep hammering laps until you get the gold - you only get the gold prize credits when you exit.

If you exit after each step - bronze, silver, and gold - you can get all awards instead of just the gold prize credits.

For example:
In the Mario's Hudson event - Under the 200% bonus - say you gold on the fourth lap then exit - you only receive gold prize of 1,100,000 credits. If you exit at each step - you get an additional 980,000 credits for the bronze and silver prizes.

I hope this helps.

In all seriousness - Thank you for continuing to ask questions. I was wondering if there was a misunderstood point in there somewhere.

That is not how it works. That is what I've been saying all along. Even if you don't get gold on the first lap and just retry until you get gold without exiting, you still get the silver and bronze prizes. At least that was how it was in 1.01. I doubt they changed it in 1.02. That was also how it always was in GT5. If it does work how you say it does, then it's probably a glitch.

Did the first four before the bonus implemented so no more credits for them...
...so practice make purrfect in single user mode for the 3 latest TTs until up to 200%.
Bought the Hudson, and the Alfa, have the 15th Anniv. GS GT6 so good to go.

Not worried about gold as much as beating my FR list...
...too slow here for the global standings.
Mo' credits is always better, make it count!

That is not how it works. That is what I've been saying all along. Even if you don't get gold on the first lap and just retry until you get gold without exiting, you still get the silver and bronze prizes. At least that was how it was in 1.01. I doubt they changed it in 1.02. That was also how it always was in GT5. If it does work how you say it does, then it's probably a glitch.

When I get the 200% bonus - the first thing I'm gonna do is hammer out gold on the Mito Seasonal before exiting.

If what you say is correct - It would be the better method.

I'll post to this thread with my observations. I really wanna prove you correct.

Thanks for sharing.

When I get the 200% bonus - the first thing I'm gonna do is hammer out gold on the Mito Seasonal before exiting.

If what you say is correct - It would be the better method.

I'll post to this thread with my observations. I really wanna prove you correct.

Thanks for sharing.

No problem man.

Am waiting for my 200% login bonus before I attempt any Seasonal as a Bronze reward will also be bigger. Am on 140%.

Waiting is a better option because once acquiring a Bronze, Silver or Gold time, we don't get paid again. Only we get a higher ranking.

Back