What are your thoughts on the future of AC/ACC on PS5?

Seems like a no brainer to bring an enhanced version of ACC to next gen consoles. I can’t imagine their owner/publisher passing up that opportunity.

The big question for me is wether it will be free for people who already bought it for PS4/Xbox.

Le
Seems like a no brainer to bring an enhanced version of ACC to next gen consoles. I can’t imagine their owner/publisher passing up that opportunity.

The big question for me is wether it will be free for people who already bought it for PS4/Xbox.
Let's wait for the marketing department to get back to us on that one :lol:

I’m going to give the ps5 a year to show me what it can do. If I’m not impressed, I’m gonna get a gaming pc and keep my ps5 in my room for more casual gaming.

The PS5 developer boxes have been with all the developers for most of this year, it's already running on PS5 you can be sure of that.
Kunos said they don't have a dev kit so who knows what's going on? I really hope they decide to port it.

Kunos didn't even upgrade the first AC for the PS4 Pro & Xbox one X with an better graphic/details etc patch

Kunos Dev also said in a streaming of SRO eSports that their priority is PC version and that they didn't even looked at PS5 and next gen consoles

Framerates on the ACC console versions seems unlocked (normal PS4 achieve 45fps sometimes, now PS4 PRO achieve 60 fps sometimes)

So I think it will work on PS5 on same way that the first AC did on PS4PRO... With the "boost mode" of the console and good improvement in framerate and that's it.

Anyone who has played the PC version can see clearly how much better it is. No doubt that’s their priority and I don’t blame them. Almost makes me want to get a gaming pc.

I've been playing it on both and it's the same game exactly. It's actually very impressive how well it runs on a console once you add up the specs

Kunos said they don't have a dev kit so who knows what's going on? I really hope they decide to port it.

But the guys the did the console port will have a PS5 kit.

I've been playing it on both and it's the same game exactly. It's actually very impressive how well it runs on a console once you add up the specs

But the guys the did the console port will have a PS5 kit.
Hmm good point. Let's hope so

If Kunos do release ACC on PS5 and Series X then there should be no reason for it not to be identical to the PC version.

Identical code would open up cross-platform play which would be a massive boost for the community of racers.

If Kunos do release ACC on PS5 and Series X then there should be no reason for it not to be identical to the PC version.

Identical code would open up cross-platform play which would be a massive boost for the community of racers.

I hope that is the case. I would even buy it second time for PS5.

Would it even need a new game? As I understand the physics engine is exactly the same as the PC version, so apart from the poor graphics due to limited console hardware and the bugs due to the rushed console port, what else is actually different? I guess number of AI cars... Anything else?

With PS5 hardware surely the graphics would be able to match mid range PC, and in 6 months we might have the bugs resolved, using the PS4 version of the game.

Not that 505 / Kunos have said it will run optimised on PS5, but it sounds from ps4 Base to Pro they just let it run as good as it can, so one can dream that the PS4 version runs even better on PS5

Last edited:
Would it even need a new game? As I understand the physics engine is exactly the same as the PC version, so apart from the poor graphics due to limited console hardware and the bugs due to the rushed console port, what else is actually different? I guess number of AI cars... Anything else?

With PS5 hardware surely the graphics would be able to match mid range PC, and in 6 months we might have the bugs resolved, using the PS4 version of the game. Not that they have said it will run optimised on PS5 but it sounds from ps4 Base to Pro they just let it run as good as it can, so one can dream that the PS4 version runs even better on PS5

You can't even build a PC today as fast as the ps5 is overall. It's miles away from a mid range PC. The GPU in the PS5 is faster than a GTX 2070 but it also runs DDR5 and a dementedly fast ssd. The limiting factor in ACC is ram speed. The PS5 could probably run a grid of 60 AI cars at 90 frames a second without breaking a sweat.

Personally i think with how little cares been shown so far. waiting ages for its first patch, probably no. probably no future for this game. online isnt working for people with friends. we are 1 and a half months into the game and some still cannot get online.

With PS5 hardware surely the graphics would be able to match mid range PC, and in 6 months we might have the bugs resolved, using the PS4 version of the game.

Not that 505 / Kunos have said it will run optimised on PS5, but it sounds from ps4 Base to Pro they just let it run as good as it can, so one can dream that the PS4 version runs even better on PS5
Lobby sizes are restricted on console so that's one difference. I have the game on PC and PS4 and certainly the force feedback is also different.

You can't even build a PC today as fast as the ps5 is overall. It's miles away from a mid range PC. The GPU in the PS5 is faster than a GTX 2070 but it also runs DDR5 and a dementedly fast ssd. The limiting factor in ACC is ram speed. The PS5 could probably run a grid of 60 AI cars at 90 frames a second without breaking a sweat.
Hmmm, I'm pretty sure the limiting factor is the CPU when it comes to AI cars in ACC? In which case a PS5 isn't going to do more than what already exists in the PC space.

unfortunately this seems to be the case.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ps5-backwards-compatibility-ps4-compatible-playstation-6300
games released after mid July will have to be playable in backwards compatibility mode on ps5

ACC was released on June 23 :nervous:

Probably why they released the game when they did so there were no obligations with having to release any next gen patches.

To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if they did still release a patch that upped the framerates though, making use of the extra power but wouldn’t expect a night and day difference in terms of graphical fidelity.

Really hope they continue to support the game and don’t abandon it, even if the patches are slow to come, but would make logical sense given the unreal engine updates (4.25 appears to have initial support next gen) would make it a more likely possibility.

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure the limiting factor is the CPU when it comes to AI cars in ACC? In which case a PS5 isn't going to do more than what already exists in the PC space.

If you hunt around the internet you can find some examples of people changing to higher spec ram and being able to run a lot more AI cars without any other changes to the system. I have an old workstation here with 1333mhz DDR3 in it I can run the full grid on that with dual cpus but I can only run about half the grid with a similar single cpu workstation.. You could think that is the extra CPU that does the trick.. but given that the CPU/s are doing almost nothing on either machine while playing the game (under 50% usage on the single cpu) you have to come to the conlcusion that it's the double ram bandwidth on the dual cpu machine getting the job done.

Kunos have no interest in console, so they are pretty much irrelevant to the situation.

I would not assume that the PS4 version will run any better on PS5 hardware without an update - it might, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I doubt 505 will issue an update to PS5 version. The console port for the most part has been very badly handled and D3T (who did the tech work) seem to have a bit of a reptuation for problematic ports.

At the end of the day it comes down to if 505 think they can earn money out of a PS5 port, so free upgrade ? unlikely. If the post above about the SRO deal ending is correct and there is no further DLC (for any platform) I'd suggest that decreases the chances of a paid for PS5 upgrade because the chance of 505 making money from doing that is decreased.

I think there is a pretty good chance of what you currently have is your lot (bar the GT series DLC previously announced).

Kunos have no interest in console, so they are pretty much irrelevant to the situation.

I would not assume that the PS4 version will run any better on PS5 hardware without an update - it might, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I doubt 505 will issue an update to PS5 version. The console port for the most part has been very badly handled and D3T (who did the tech work) seem to have a bit of a reptuation for problematic ports.

At the end of the day it comes down to if 505 think they can earn money out of a PS5 port, so free upgrade ? unlikely. If the post above about the SRO deal ending is correct and there is no further DLC (for any platform) I'd suggest that decreases the chances of a paid for PS5 upgrade because the chance of 505 making money from doing that is decreased.

I think there is a pretty good chance of what you currently have is your lot (bar the GT series DLC previously announced).

I am starting to get along with that... Sad but true, Kunos doesn't care for consoles that is too bad, because there are plenty of console players who would love to see their sims ported to next gens. I just hope there will be some kind of AC 2 with ACC contents and it will be updated for PS5/XSX.

You can't even build a PC today as fast as the ps5 is overall.

That is funny!
. The GPU in the PS5 is faster than a GTX 2070 but it also runs DDR5
You do realize the GTX 2070 is pretty far down the line as far as being considered a faster card even in the 20 series cards.

Now you need to check out the reveal on the new 30 series Nvidia cards which even the 3070 series pretty well matches the top 20 series cards in performance and the better 30 series cards are using even faster ddr6 memory. It is almost as if AMD and all the trash talking about the new consoles pissed off Nvidia to pull out the stops and show AMD when it comes to graphic cards who is the undisputed king.

They have even with the new generation pricing have made it hard for AMD to claim even though their cards are slower are a better value because of pricing. AMD does not want to get into an actual price war with Nvidia, they are not big enough nor have deep enough pockets to take Nvidia on in that game.

What the new PC hardware specs are indicating both cpu and gpu is that the new consoles will be lucky to even match a new mid level PC much less exceed its performance. Nothing new, every new console claims to match PC performance but it never comes to be and probably never will.

Back