What are your thoughts on the future of AC/ACC on PS5?

United States
United States
Hi all.

I got back into sim racing last year after several years away. I was always a GPL/rFactor/LFS/NR2003 PC guy back then. Even though it was things like Gran Turismo, TOCA & NFS High Stakes on PS1 that initially got me interested in sims.

When I was gifted a PS4 last year the first thing I did was get GTS and I have enjoyed it, especially Sport Mode. But I knew it was NOT a sim in any real sense so when ACC for PS4 was announced I was excited to buy it on day 1. Then the reviews started coming out and when I saw things like 30 FPS and other issues on PS4 I decided to wait and see if a patch was released to fix that and other issues.

I did however find AC for sale on the PS Store a few days ago for less than 10 bucks so that was a deal I could not pass up. And WOW! What a difference from GTS. I had forgotten what a sim was supposed to feel like. I will probably pick up ACC in the next week or so as well, even if I have to wait for a patch.

SO my question for discussion is: Do you think AC and/or ACC will get any enhancements or even an updated version for the PS5? (AC 2 perhaps?) I'm just glad to have a decent sim on console myself and I would love to see more hardcore sims come to the platform.

What are your thoughts?

AC? No. Kunos haven't touched that game since they started work on ACC. As for that one, probably. Hopefully Kunos will handle that version themselves though. On base PS4 it runs at about 40 fps. The latest patch has gamified the force feedback on my wheel and it feels nothing like it does on PC.

ACC will just get switched onto full detail and 60 frames on the PS5 I guess. I don't think they will open up all the PC options though. The original ACC is often on sale for 10 dollars (as it is now) Best thing you can buy for a PS4 other than ACC. Patch 1.03 got the ps4 pro running at 60 frames if you didn't notice yet. The original ps4 is still around 40 frames.

Kunos said the feedback from fans regarding a PS5 update will determine whether or not they go ahead with one. They haven't even started looking at PS5 and XSX yet. I would love to see them bump it to 4K60.

AC is still a fabulous experience on PS4. It is starting to show it's age but it will always be a great drive and has a fantastic car roster.
ACC is sublime. I absolutely love it. Nothing comes close to the AC titles on console.

As for the future, well there will inevitably be an Assetto Corsa 2 at some point. A more general racing title built on ACC tech is a dream combination. I'm thinking Le Mans in a Toyota TS050-Hybrid at night... :drool:

Kunos said the feedback from fans regarding a PS5 update will determine whether or not they go ahead with one. They haven't even started looking at PS5 and XSX yet. I would love to see them bump it to 4K60.

AC is still a fabulous experience on PS4. It is starting to show it's age but it will always be a great drive and has a fantastic car roster.
ACC is sublime. I absolutely love it. Nothing comes close to the AC titles on console.

As for the future, well there will inevitably be an Assetto Corsa 2 at some point. A more general racing title built on ACC tech is a dream combination. I'm thinking Le Mans in a Toyota TS050-Hybrid at night... :drool:
So they say. I dont believe it.

I think that this racing game born for PC and is hard for Kunos change it for consoles. I tried playing on friend pc and the game is completely different, graphic and wheel are fantastic. I did buy ACC for my PS4 but I can't play due to no FBB on wheel, so I don't think I will buy in case they will release PS5 version.

For me personally don't care much if they will update ACC to next gen with an upgrade patch or not, my idea is to move forward to an custom build PC end of this year

For those that don't don't already know the PS5 is backwards compatible with (nearly?) all PS4 games so this current version of ACC will play on it.

The only question is will Kunos port the full PC version across as a PS5 game or just tweak the PS4 version a little more. I personally think their care factor is quite low judging by this current iteration ;-)

Before we get into what is yet to be released I would rather see this PS4 version fixed properly ;-)

AC? No. Kunos haven't touched that game since they started work on ACC. As for that one, probably. Hopefully Kunos will handle that version themselves though. On base PS4 it runs at about 40 fps. The latest patch has gamified the force feedback on my wheel and it feels nothing like it does on PC.

Is that true? Was the ffb before patch more like the pc version? And good?
They did this to make it easier or some other console player reason? Or because the consoles cpu can't handle all physics, inputs communications, or ffb wheels on console aren't same as pc?

Is that true? Was the ffb before patch more like the pc version? And good?
They did this to make it easier or some other console player reason? Or because the consoles cpu can't handle all physics, inputs communications, or ffb wheels on console aren't same as pc?
The devs said in the patch notes that they were changing the Force feedback to "suite" console players. Before the update it wasn't the same as PC but it was pretty close and I was happy enough with it given the console version is several updates behind the PC version. It was within reason because of that.

The devs said in the patch notes that they were changing the Force feedback to "suite" console players. Before the update it wasn't the same as PC but it was pretty close and I was happy enough with it given the console version is several updates behind the PC version. It was within reason because of that.

Too bad if they don't let you choose if you want the updated ffb or not, or different styles of it.

I just got back from trading in a bunch of PS3 & PS2 games plus 2 PS4 games new-in-box that I have no interest in playing for a copy of ACC at a local retro game shop. He had to order it in so it will be 2-3 days before it gets here but it's essentially costing me 0 dollars so I'm fine with that.

This is going to be my last game purchase for this year as I have all the sims I need for the immediate future. If there is a 'boost mode' in the PS5 and as long as my wheel will work with it too then that may be a pre-order if they ever tell us how much the frakking thing going to cost.

I see, glad then if so, maybe they meant changes for console specific wheels.

It's completely different on the G29 now. Much better. I still run my gain on 70-80 because I rather it feel like a race car than a fisher price toy for my 5 month old kid. Granted a real GT3 probably feels like a fisher price toy :)? but this is not what I associate with a race car with a tight steering rack and limited or no power steering. The game is legit worth the money now, especially if you have a PS4 pro sine you can screw 60+ frames out of it during hot lapping and with a small amount of cars inside a AI race. I originally only bought it for ps5 use, but I've had my moneys worth on PS4 as a bonus.

Rather than post that with no evidence whatsoever, why not provide a link or let us know how you know this for sure?...

There will be no ACC on PS5 cause of license reasons. The partnership between SRO and Kunos/505 ends at the end of the year. And SRO ist the holder of the game licenses, not Kudos or 505 games. The british GT DLC will be also the last DLC for ACC....

There will be no ACC on PS5 cause of license reasons. The partnership between SRO and Kunos/505 ends at the end of the year. And SRO ist the holder of the game licenses, not Kudos or 505 games. The british GT DLC will be also the last DLC for ACC....
I was going to reply with "I said the same thing about the PS4" but you bring up an interesting point that can lead to a lot of speculation. They could still bring a patch out to improve performance for the PS5 though, which would be one way around that. I predict they will extend the licence though.

Even though they have a licence they still have to negotiate a licence agreement with each manufacturer and track owner so they could easily repackage ACC for PS5 without an IP owner by SRO.

There will be no ACC on PS5 cause of license reasons.

What you keep saying is not quite correct and I have pointed this out earlier. Although there may not be a PS5 ACC release , ACC PS4 version *WILL* run (see below for clarification) on the PS5 as it is a backwards compatible machine.

So ACC *WILL BE on PS5* as a PS4 title. How well it runs or what it looks like is an entirely different discussion to be had after release of the PS5.

So for the purpose of accuracy and clarity please stop saying ACC will not be on PS5. Finally, if for some reason Sony can ban PS4 titles on the PS5 for licensing reasons please post your evidence? For everyone else please just google PS5 backwards compatibility and do your own research.

Official Sony statement https://blog.playstation.com/2020/0...ls-of-playstation-5-hardware-technical-specs/

Quote: "A quick update on backward compatibility – With all of the amazing games in PS4’s catalog, we’ve devoted significant efforts to enable our fans to play their favorites on PS5. We believe that the overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 titles will be playable on PS5."

The PS5 is nothing but a very much faster PS4... What you are saying is exactly the same as saying I wont be able to run ACC on my PC next time I swap CPU or motherboards.. Rubber up for that padded room man :P

i think he meant there will be no PS5 version of the game. To be honest, i hope they will update this game for PS5. It has such huge potential. And after seeing PCars 3 as arcadey game, i would love to see full sim on next gen consoles.

i think he meant there will be no PS5 version of the game.

Possibly but I did correct his statement prior and chose to keep saying the same thing. People do come here for accurate information. Whereas misinformation, regardless of intent, needs to be corrected.

To be honest, i hope they will update this game for PS5.

I hope they update this game so it at least runs properly on a PS4 Pro ;-)

Also it is looking like GT7 will be a PS5 launch title so other driving games wouldn't get a look in for a while let alone a full on sim like ACC.

It has such huge potential.

Yes it does but then so did the first iteration and they just dropped it :-(

And after seeing PCars 3 as arcadey game, i would love to see full sim on next gen consoles.

Yeah, I was just reading about PCars 3 and how they decided to drop pit stops. It looks like everyone is looking at PD's GT series of being pretty but bland. It made McDonalds etc successful so bland does sell. Whereas hot and spicy is more a niche market ;-)

Possibly but I did correct his statement prior and chose to keep saying the same thing. People do come here for accurate information. Whereas misinformation, regardless of intent, needs to be corrected.

I hope they update this game so it at least runs properly on a PS4 Pro ;-)

Also it is looking like GT7 will be a PS5 launch title so other driving games wouldn't get a look in for a while let alone a full on sim like ACC.

Yes it does but then so did the first iteration and they just dropped it :-(

Yeah, I was just reading about PCars 3 and how they decided to drop pit stops. It looks like everyone is looking at PD's GT series of being pretty but bland. It made McDonalds etc successful so bland does sell. Whereas hot and spicy is more a niche market ;-)
You think GT7 will launch with PS5? I'd be very surprised, unless you have more info on it.

Back