What are your thoughts on the future of AC/ACC on PS5?

That is funny!

You do realize the GTX 2070 is pretty far down the line as far as being considered a faster card even in the 20 series cards.

Now you need to check out the reveal on the new 30 series Nvidia cards which even the 3070 series pretty well matches the top 20 series cards in performance and the better 30 series cards are using even faster ddr6 memory. It is almost as if AMD and all the trash talking about the new consoles pissed off Nvidia to pull out the stops and show AMD when it comes to graphic cards who is the undisputed king.

They have even with the new generation pricing have made it hard for AMD to claim even though their cards are slower are a better value because of pricing. AMD does not want to get into an actual price war with Nvidia, they are not big enough nor have deep enough pockets to take Nvidia on in that game.

What the new PC hardware specs are indicating both cpu and gpu is that the new consoles will be lucky to even match a new mid level PC much less exceed its performance. Nothing new, every new console claims to match PC performance but it never comes to be and probably never will.

You do realize it's now September, you still wont be able to build a PC to match a PS5 in November and if you get close it'll cost you 3 times the price. I have seen the 3000 series release and I'm not convinced it's got the AMD GPUS matched, but buy one if you are confident it does. There's only been one console that didn't exceed PC performance on release and that was the PS4, PS1, 2 and 3 all had PCs covered for a time.

You do realize it's now September, you still wont be able to build a PC to match a PS5 in November and if you get close it'll cost you 3 times the price. I have seen the 3000 series release and I'm not convinced it's got the AMD GPUS matched, but buy one if you are confident it does. There's only been one console that didn't exceed PC performance on release and that was the PS4, PS1, 2 and 3 all had PCs covered for a time.

The new Nvidia RTX 3000 series are a huge step above what PS5 and Xbox one X will offer. (And Nvidia is already better than AMD in GPU's, BTW,new 3000 series need AMD Ryzen CPU that offers PCI 4.0...to max the GPU's out(intel CPU's 10th gen still don't offer PCI 4.0)

The new RTX3070 is already as powerful as the RTX2080ti , they use GDDR6 ram,and for 500€

The RTX3090 offer directly native 8K gaming at 60fps

Don't forget that consoles will come with AMD zen2 modified CPU (laptop CPU) meanwhile the Zen 3 CPU is already there.

So PS5 and Xbox series X will be launched behind what a midrange PC can offer now in end September

In 2-3 years I see Sony and Microsoft launching again "Pro" models of the "next gen" consoles.

Good thing about consoles is that Devs only have to optimise for a closed hardware,so they can max them out.

All consoles before PS4/Xboxone where full dedicated hardware made by the companies (PS3 cell CPU, etc) but maked development more difficult and slower and quite different between platforms

Now consoles uses X86 base as the PC's ,so make it easier and faster to develop on them ,port between platforms and cheaper I+d but now they will be always a step behind what a PC can offer

Last edited:
The new Nvidia RTX 3000 series are a huge step above what PS5 and Xbox one X will offer. (And Nvidia is already better than AMD in GPU's, BTW,new 3000 series need AMD Ryzen CPU that offers PCI 4.0...to max the GPU's out(intel CPU's 10th gen still don't offer PCI 4.0)

The new RTX3070 is already as powerful as the RTX2080ti , they use GDDR6 ram,and for 500€

The RTX3090 offer directly native 8K gaming at 60fps

Don't forget that consoles will come with AMD zen2 modified CPU (laptop CPU) meanwhile the Zen 3 CPU is already there.

So PS5 and Xbox series X will be launched behind what a midrange PC can offer now in end September

In 2-3 years I see Sony and Microsoft launching again "Pro" models of the "next gen" consoles.

Good thing about consoles is that Devs only have to optimise for a closed hardware,so they can max them out.

All consoles before PS4/Xboxone where full dedicated hardware made by the companies (PS3 cell CPU, etc) but maked development more difficult and slower and quite different between platforms

Now consoles uses X86 base as the PC's ,so make it easier and faster to develop on them ,port between platforms and cheaper I+d but now they will be always a step behind what a PC can offer

ok. And then compare the cost of a new console (probably 499$) to this new more powerfull PC. Where the GPU alone is more expensive than console itself.

This is why Consoles are so popular. They are cheap option which will give you good enough quality of gaming.

ok. And then compare the cost of a new console (probably 499$) to this new more powerfull PC. Where the GPU alone is more expensive than console itself.

PS5 don't even match an RTX2080ti ...and the RTX3070 is already better than the RTX2080ti

That's just the start, later one more cheaper RTX3000 cards will be launched

Yes, maybe the PS5 will be 499.. nobody nows (I think it will be 599) ,add that games at launch are 35-40 bucks more than same on PC, that you have to pay to play online (in generally worse servers and network), you can't use mods and it's a closed hardware where you can't do anything than play and a bit of limited multimedia.

In 2-3 years they will launch an other "Pro console" to get near the performance of the RTX 3000 PC's

It's more intial investment,but you amoritse the PC with cheaper games...and now that Microsoft and Sony will launch even more "exclusive ip's) on PC ...you have all consoles in one

And you can set the games as you want completely personalized..(resolution, graphics, details)

And depending the type of games you like,it's better on PC, like driving simulators, flight simulators...

Yes, maybe the PS5 will be 499.. nobody nows (I think it will be 599) ,add that games at launch are 35-40 bucks more than same on PC, that you have to pay to play online (in generally worse servers and network), you can't use mods and it's a closed hardware where you can't do anything than play and a bit of limited multimedia.

You can sell/rent console games. On PC not so much. They are not so much more expensive. In most cases PC and Console games have similar prices on day one. Here I see less than 10 euro difference not 35-40 bucks more
upload_2020-9-3_13-55-7.png

In 2-3 years they will launch an other "Pro console" to get near the performance of the RTX 3000 PC's

Nobody knows if that is the case... Also you don't need to upgrade it. I am still using my old PS4 Fat from launch day and it works just fine.

It's more intial investment,but you amoritse the PC with cheaper games...and now that Microsoft and Sony will launch even more "exclusive ip's) on PC ...you have all consoles in one

I will say it again. You can sell/rent console games so it is not going to return your investment on PC. Even without selling your games the prices are not so different as you tell. Less than 10 euro/dollars usually + discounts also exists on console games

And you can set the games as you want completely personalized..(resolution, graphics, details)

Most people don't care about this actually. If the games runs fine that what's the point in changing some details/res and graphics? This is only for adapting the game for lower-end PC platforms consoles don't need that kind of settings.

+ a lot of games are starting to have two modes

And depending the type of games you like,it's better on PC, like driving simulators, flight simulators...

I like driving simulators yes, there are more of them on PC platform but I also like story driven action games, and I personally love Sony Exclusives for that. Game selection is just a personal taste.

You can sell/rent console games. On PC not so much. They are not so much more expensive. In most cases PC and Console games have similar prices on day one. Here I see less than 10 euro difference not 35-40 bucks more
View attachment 954896

Nobody knows if that is the case... Also you don't need to upgrade it. I am still using my old PS4 Fat from launch day and it works just fine.

I will say it again. You can sell/rent console games so it is not going to return your investment on PC. Even without selling your games the prices are not so different as you tell. Less than 10 euro/dollars usually + discounts also exists on console games

Most people don't care about this actually. If the games runs fine that what's the point in changing some details/res and graphics? This is only for adapting the game for lower-end PC platforms consoles don't need that kind of settings.

+ a lot of games are starting to have two modes

I like driving simulators yes, there are more of them on PC platform but I also like story driven action games, and I personally love Sony Exclusives for that. Game selection is just a personal taste.

Here you go, 42 € cyberpunk

https://www.instant-gaming.com/es/840-comprar-key-gogcom-cyberpunk-2077/

Other games are usually at official launch price 45-50 € and in webs as instant gaming and others you can find them cheaper as you can see

Then you have steam discounts, just like on PS4 and don't need plus supcription to play online

Most friends of mine with PC upgrade once every 4-6 years some compounds, just need a good base to start with.

I also still have base ps4, but performance wise it's behind PRO, and believe me,you see and feel the difference, but just don't wanted to upgrade cause I was looking forward to switch to PC now that I've seen what Next gen offer and what PC can offer.

Most games on consoles priority is graphics and then performance..I prefer performance,and racing Sims I would prefer to lower some aspects to improve fps (and lot of people)
Some games have 2 modes now but you just can personalize it,look ACC... nobody is really happy with them..
Next gen,most games will still have priority to max out graphics with 30fps and a mode with a bit less details to achieve 60fps

In PC it's quite some time that you can balance graphics and framerate at 80,90 or + Fps

PC improved quite a lot, with a good investment your above PS5, you can maintain quite some years with hardware and you have freedom, Devs don't have to pass certification and submissions to launch updates/hotfixs..

You can use accessories you want without problems..want g25 with Fanatec elite pedals..do it, Sony controller..no problems,Xbox controller..no problems etc, etc

I also like other games besides Sims, Al third party have their games on PC and community expand their lives on most of them with all kinds of mods (console company's don't allow that)
And you can have PSnow, and Sony recently said they will port more "exclusive" games to PC,you have even the news on GTP.
Same goes for Xbox games..

So finally you can have all in one ,use it for work and multimedia also

I always liked consoles, but now I find that PC maked things easier, like with steam,don't have to pay to play online in generally , and consoles have now also issues, need to update games, upgrade HDD and don't like the company policy's...so isn't so much "Plug & play" anymore and since they moved to X86 base they will always be behind PC.

Sure everyone can play where they want and have their own tastes and preferences..we are all gamers at the end of the day.

You do realize it's now September, you still wont be able to build a PC to match a PS5 in November
I do not know where you research or buy your PC hardware from but if you believe the above statement you wrote then you need to find some different sources for your information as you are not getting the realistic performance figures either for the PC hardware available or what the new consoles are actually going to be capable of performance wise.

Not only are there more driving sims on PC but compare the performance of those available on both platforms and see which one gets by and which one offers more overall.
Even older games available on both platforms such as the original Assetto Corsa look at what the game offers on console and then look at what is available for the game on PC as a result of community based upgrades and mods. No comparison between the two as to which is the best.

Want to play your games in VR? Look at what options you have on PC vs what options are available for VR on console. Again PC blows the console out of the water.
What about if you like combat flight sims, see what the Playstation has for approved flight controllers (hotas) as compared to the options or choices as compared to pc.

Also even Sony realizes it is more profitable to make their exclusive games available on PC so buying a console for that reason will be even less going forward as Sony announced more exclusive titles coming to PC.
No one will argue the fact that gaming consoles are cheaper than than higher spec PC's. But to think that gaming consoles are more powerful is a total joke.
Also the console may be cheaper but you get less performance, less choice in game settings less choice in available games, less choice in controllers and the list goes on.
It is cheaper to buy a console but overall when you make an apples to apples comparison between the two platforms you can easily see that you get much less performance, choices and options to customize as well.
I have owned every PS generation from PS1 through PS4. I will not buy a PS5, I have gotten tired of Sony dictating when my peripherals such as wheel/pedals have reached end of life just because I bought the new console.
I have gotten tired of needing a subscription to play any game online.
I have gotten tired of the limited selection of games available on console as compared to pc.
So in the end if you want a cheaper gaming experience with less performance, options, and game choices buy a console.
If you want the highest and most user controlled experience with multitudes of options buy the pc.
It still falls back to do you want a Ferrari or a Kia? Make your choice more performance always comes with a higher price tag.

Here you go, 42 € cyberpunk

https://www.instant-gaming.com/es/840-comprar-key-gogcom-cyberpunk-2077/

Other games are usually at official launch price 45-50 € and in webs as instant gaming and others you can find them cheaper as you can see

It is still not 35-40 bucks less than console release as you said before. And you can find cheaper console games too. So still it isn't that much of a difference.

Then you have steam discounts, just like on PS4 and don't need plus supcription to play online

PSN and Xbox Live also do have discount

And PS+ and Xbox Live Gold are optional (if you play mostly single player for example) + you get free games with every month. It isn't that bad.

Most friends of mine with PC upgrade once every 4-6 years some compounds, just need a good base to start with.

You buy much more expensive base (than console) and keep upgrading it more often than new console releases. My statement is still actual. Consoles are cheaper.

I also still have base ps4, but performance wise it's behind PRO, and believe me,you see and feel the difference, but just don't wanted to upgrade cause I was looking forward to switch to PC now that I've seen what Next gen offer and what PC can offer.

I have friends with PS4Pro, Xbox One X'es etc. I don't have 4k TV and to be honest I don't see much of a difference. For me it is completely unnecessary.

Most games on consoles priority is graphics and then performance..I prefer performance,and racing Sims I would prefer to lower some aspects to improve fps (and lot of people)
Some games have 2 modes now but you just can personalize it,look ACC... nobody is really happy with them..
Next gen,most games will still have priority to max out graphics with 30fps and a mode with a bit less details to achieve 60fps

This is just personal preference but i understand why you prefer PC.

You can use accessories you want without problems..want g25 with Fanatec elite pedals..do it, Sony controller..no problems,Xbox controller..no problems etc, etc

I don't have problems with my accesories on PS4 and what i see won't have problems on PS5. But i also understand that if someone have really old steering wheel.

I also like other games besides Sims, Al third party have their games on PC and community expand their lives on most of them with all kinds of mods (console company's don't allow that)
And you can have PSnow, and Sony recently said they will port more "exclusive" games to PC,you have even the news on GTP.
Same goes for Xbox games..

So finally you can have all in one ,use it for work and multimedia also

For now nothing is certain. It was only some vague plans that maybe it can happen. I doubt Sony will reject exclusive games in the future because those exclusive games gave them an advantage in sells. I do believe some game can come out on PC (just like Horizon Zero Dawn) but i probably years after console release etc. But for now... They don't release games on PC expect of Horizon. So i won't take that as granted.

I always liked consoles, but now I find that PC maked things easier, like with steam,don't have to pay to play online in generally , and consoles have now also issues, need to update games, upgrade HDD and don't like the company policy's...so isn't so much "Plug & play" anymore and since they moved to X86 base they will always be behind PC.

Sure everyone can play where they want and have their own tastes and preferences..we are all gamers at the end of the day.

To be honest for me PC gaming is too complicated sometimes. When I go back from work and have only small amount of time after rest of the day spent with my son. I only want to sit and play selected game. Consoles are way easier than PC to set up etc. Yes i understand that PC gaming gives you better performance, better customization, better selection in more "niche" games (which i like) but on the other hand it requiers more time and money to run it properly.

The best world would be if everybody could play every game where, and how they want it. And games should run perfectly on all platforms.
I am excited with next-gen consoles because it will be another major step of evolution in games. Lets be honest most games are made with consoles in mind, so if consoles are more powerfull then PC will get better versions of this game too.

We can dream. It would be great if so but with Kunos’ obvious lack lack of interest in the consoles, the bugs that are plaguing the game and the difficulty D3T seem to be having in solving them, I can see all involved ditching the console version once the British GT track pack is released. I mean they have to be seen to be working on the game if they want us to pay for more content. Once that’s all out, why would they. Same happened with AC. If the rumours are true, they’ll be putting all their effort into AC2.

I truly hope I’m wrong and we get a full blown PS5 version and Kunos continue adding content. 2020 season with the new tracks this year, American and Asian series etc. Would be fab.

I wouldn’t even mind paying a small amount for ps5 upgrade patch so long as I got fov adjustment.
As it stands I’ve trouble playing it, same with dirt rally 2, doesn’t stop me playing, but feel very restricted.

We can dream. It would be great if so but with Kunos’ obvious lack lack of interest in the consoles, the bugs that are plaguing the game and the difficulty D3T seem to be having in solving them, I can see all involved ditching the console version once the British GT track pack is released. I mean they have to be seen to be working on the game if they want us to pay for more content. Once that’s all out, why would they. Same happened with AC. If the rumours are true, they’ll be putting all their effort into AC2.

I truly hope I’m wrong and we get a full blown PS5 version and Kunos continue adding content. 2020 season with the new tracks this year, American and Asian series etc. Would be fab.
What do you mean the same happened with AC? They worked on AC since 2011, with a 2013 release if recall, then gave away a big content update for free that was scheduled to be paid DLC before they moved on to a new game.

Last edited:
I have not played this game since July because of the frame rate on my old ps4. At this point I would be willing to pay a fee for an enhanced PS5 version, especially since it didn't cost $79.99 CAD like most games.

Looking at the Steam survey it's clear that whilst PC is capable of delivering a higher end experience, only a tiny minority of PC gamers will have a system capable of that.

Looking at the Steam survey it's clear that whilst PC is capable of delivering a higher end experience, only a tiny minority of PC gamers will have a system capable of that.
Steam survey can't be taken really in consideration either, as all laptops counts also , there was a moment the most used GPU was the Intel HD graphics..

I'm sure many people aren't seeing past the graphics. This game is a perfect offline racer... for racing offline.

Basic instructions/directions/set up, would be the main requirement to get casual players buying this game right now. For PS5, keep game play as is and up the graphics. The game doesn't have to look like any of the popular console racers. Just polish the game for PS5.

At this moment in time and due to all I have read here and elsewhere about the shortcomings of ACC on current consoles, I, sadly, have not felt confident enough to spend even the relatively small amount the game currently costs to buy. I have an especially low tolerance for technical faff and ACC has plenty of it seemingly.

However, if I should hear in the nearish future that the game REALLY does begin to work on next gen boxes (60fps @ 1080 min, auto dor, fov/seat adjustments, etc.) then I would certainly a) buy the game b) buy a PS5 to play it on and c) buy a new Fanatec wheel setup to get the most out of it. None of which will happen if this one game is not somewhat optimised first. Otherwise, I'll just keep on truckin' with my PS4, AC and my slightly shonky g29 until something better turns up game wise and I don't mean GT7 :lol:. So, for me and my bank account, there is quite a lot riding on what happens to the development of this particular sim/game going forward.

At this moment in time and due to all I have read here and elsewhere about the shortcomings of ACC on current consoles, I, sadly, have not felt confident enough to spend even the relatively small amount the game currently costs to buy. I have an especially low tolerance for technical faff and ACC has plenty of it seemingly.

However, if I should hear in the nearish future that the game REALLY does begin to work on next gen boxes (60fps @ 1080 min, auto dor, fov/seat adjustments, etc.) then I would certainly a) buy the game b) buy a PS5 to play it on and c) buy a new Fanatec wheel setup to get the most out of it. None of which will happen if this one game is not somewhat optimised first. Otherwise, I'll just keep on truckin' with my PS4, AC and my slightly shonky g29 until something better turns up game wise and I don't mean GT7 :lol:. So, for me and my bank account, there is quite a lot riding on what happens to the development of this particular sim/game going forward.
If you are buying next gen and are planning on putting in a lot of time into acc then I would say wait for a next gen version too. Too many compromises had to be made for this gen, then fixing headlights seeming forced more compromises. I now literally just do a few laps every now and then when I really want to put a good hour or two into it so I'll wait until I can do that and bot think about the compromises and lack of fov while I'm playing.

Last edited:
If you are buying next gen and are planning on putting in a lot of time into acc then I would say wait for a next gen version too. Too many compromises had to be made for this gen, then fixing headlights seeming forced more compromises. I ow literally just do a few laps every now and then when I really want to put a good hour or two into it so I'll wait until I can do that and bot think about the compromises and lack of fov while I'm playing.

We suggested a lot of times the FoV settings, keyboard compatibility for mapping, full UDP support as PC version...but D3T Ldt studio keep doing what they want..
And add much more bugs and issues instead fixing them.

Kunos simulazione should really go and help those guys out in wheel implementation, autodor system, FFB , CP rating that is broken in consoles in launch and so they can help them with game progress and save issues .

Headlights really didn't improved much, and they broke lot of textures and other things that they seems to try to fix again as windshield reflections (broken prepatch, back in last patch)

Don't know what to expect from D3T Ldt studio in next gen,they still don't have the hardware as a CM of 505games stated.

Hopefully they can do a good job (I really doubt it) for those that go for "next gen" consoles.

I'm looking to upgrade to a PC in November and go for ACC there, supported by the Kunos Devs and some other great Sims

We suggested a lot of times the FoV settings, keyboard compatibility for mapping, full UDP support as PC version...but D3T Ldt studio keep doing what they want..
And add much more bugs and issues instead fixing them.

Kunos simulazione should really go and help those guys out in wheel implementation, autodor system, FFB , CP rating that is broken in consoles in launch and so they can help them with game progress and save issues .

Headlights really didn't improved much, and they broke lot of textures and other things that they seems to try to fix again as windshield reflections (broken prepatch, back in last patch)

Don't know what to expect from D3T Ldt studio in next gen,they still don't have the hardware as a CM of 505games stated.

Hopefully they can do a good job (I really doubt it) for those that go for "next gen" consoles.

I'm looking to upgrade to a PC in November and go for ACC there, supported by the Kunos Devs and some other great Sims
If there is a PS5 patch i really hope Kunos take control of it or have more oversight on it. I would go the PC route but I still need a PS5 to play with friends and family.

If there is a PS5 patch i really hope Kunos take control of it or have more oversight on it. I would go the PC route but I still need a PS5 to play with friends and family.

They are looking for PS5 compatibility as the actual game has framerate unlocked, but they don't have the hardware still, but they are optimistic it will run better on next gen.

Kunos simulazione don't gonna take control and don't have oversight on it, it up to digital bros/505games and D3T Ldt studio porting, development and support on all consoles.

Kunos simulazione only work and support PC version.

And please, help with the suggestions for VoF settings, camara moviments settings, keyboard compatibility for mapping and UDP compatibility , as they said that we can also send requests and suggestions trough the specific consoles bug report form website;

https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/acc-console/index.html

I will be waiting in anticipation that they will provide a big patch shortly after the launch of the PS5 for ACC to bump up the resolution and graphics

Sony have confirmed that the PS5 will have a boost mode included, it has already confirmed that ghosts if tsushima will be boosted to 60fps I heard a quick snippet from the article

"While the PS5’s Game Boost mode can help across the board to improve game frame rates and bump dynamic resolutions up to their maximum, Ghost of Tsushima will be able to recognise that it’s running on PlayStation 5 and offer a special Game Boost mode to run at 60fps."

"Some titles with unlocked frame rates or dynamic resolution up to 4K may see higher fidelity.”

"What’s fascinating about this is that it’s being done within the limitations of backward compatibility and could be applied to other PlayStation 4 games"

Let's hope so

Last edited:
I will be waiting in anticipation that they will provide a big patch shortly after the launch of the PS5 for ACC to bump up the resolution and graphics

Sony have confirmed that the PS5 will have a boost mode included, it has already confirmed that ghosts if tsushima will be boosted to 60fps I heard a quick snippet from the article

"While the PS5’s Game Boost mode can help across the board to improve game frame rates and bump dynamic resolutions up to their maximum, Ghost of Tsushima will be able to recognise that it’s running on PlayStation 5 and offer a special Game Boost mode to run at 60fps."

"Some titles with unlocked frame rates or dynamic resolution up to 4K may see higher fidelity.”

"What’s fascinating about this is that it’s being done within the limitations of backward compatibility and could be applied to other PlayStation 4 games"

Let's hope so

That is great news. But i still hope for real next gen version patch to see more PC Features.

That is great news. But i still hope for real next gen version patch to see more PC Features.

Yep me too....love this game but I am having to playing to the PS4 and eventually the PS5 when it is released

Can't afford to go spending money on a PC as well when the kids want a PS5 lol

Anyway, let's hope they will provide a big update once they know what the PS5 can do....it surely has to happen

I don't think we will get full spec pc effects but I would love to be proved wrong.

Yep me too....love this game but I am having to playing to the PS4 and eventually the PS5 when it is released

Can't afford to go spending money on a PC as well when the kids want a PS5 lol

Anyway, let's hope they will provide a big update once they know what the PS5 can do....it surely has to happen

I don't think we will get full spec pc effects but I would love to be proved wrong.
PS4 ACC should get a performance patch and it will be very disappointing if it does not.

However what really needs to happen is for ACC to be given a proper PS5/Series X release of its own - with feature parity with the PC version. Crossplay should also become a thing in my view for PS5/SeriesX/PC given the small size of the sim racing communities on each platform.

I just hope that we will be able to Upgrade & further Customize our Cars. Neon Lighting, Nitrous and Bodykits especially. I really enjoy racing games with (almost) thousands of Cars with a bunch of Customization Options.

I just hope that we will be able to Upgrade & further Customize our Cars. Neon Lighting, Nitrous and Bodykits especially. I really enjoy racing games with (almost) thousands of Cars with a bunch of Customization Options.
Not going to happen. Its designed as a simulator. There are other "games" that provide that option.

Back