What are your thoughts on the future of AC/ACC on PS5?

UPDATE. Yes ACC is lot better on PS5 but last update makes game crash a lot.
intro: I really enjoy playing ACC on PS4, I have a lot fantastic side to side racing because of the radar and frame rates are fine. My SA is 92. Will the current ACC disc on consoles (in my case PS4) work on next gen.PS5 and X ? Sony has said the "overwhelming majority" of PS4's 4,000+ games will be playable on PS5. There is a list of 10 ps4 games what will not be playable on PS5, good news ACC is not one of them. Sony said:"Select" games may be enhanced by Game Boost, which will provide higher or smoother framerates. SO I BELIEVE ACC PS4 disc WILL BE PLAYABLE on PS5.
But will there be special PS5 ACC version? Sony said: It should be noted there are a number of PS4 games, such as Fortnite, which will have specific PS5 versions, technically making them PS5 games, which take better advantage of the system's new features. ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THAT? - I doubt it will be the case with ACC in near future.

Last edited:

German YouTube channel shows ACC running on a Xbox series X Next Gen console, the game gets near stable 60fps.
Minute 4:15 of the video.

Thanks to have the framerate unlocked in this Gen consoles, ACC runs on higher framerates, I expected more..cause graphics details and all are still as the actual version and even so the game don't go above 60 and still presents some framepacing.

Let's see if D3T Ldt will make an update specific for the next gen consoles.

I suppose on PS5 it has to run like on Xbox series X more or less

German YouTube channel shows ACC running on a Xbox series X Next Gen console, the game gets near stable 60fps.
Minute 4:15 of the video.

Thanks to have the framerate unlocked in this Gen consoles, ACC runs on higher framerates, I expected more..cause graphics details and all are still as the actual version and even so the game don't go above 60 and still presents some framepacing.

Let's see if D3T Ldt will make an update specific for the next gen consoles.

I suppose on PS5 it has to run like on Xbox series X more or less

TBH I'm happy just to get a mostly 60fps. If we get a XSX update that will just be icing on the cake for me. The Xbox should be able to add HDR highlights to the game automatically I believe

Can anyone with PS5 already tested ACC share impressions ?
Digital Foundry have said it is nearly a constant 60FPS with 20 cars in the rain. The PS5 resolution is lower than that of XSX as the Xbox One X version runs native 4K, as opposed to the 1800P of PS4 Pro.

Digital Foundry have said it is nearly a constant 60FPS with 20 cars in the rain. The PS5 resolution is lower than that of XSX as the Xbox One X version runs native 4K, as opposed to the 1800P of PS4 Pro.
Then Sony got it just damn right. I'd rather have 60 FPS in all conditions than high resolution.

Hell, for me that's an argument for getting a PS5 before GT7 launches.

Last edited:
I tried it on ps5 tonight and it’s pretty solid! Frame rate is so much better and you can really brake and turn a lot smoother thanks to the jerkiness of the PS4 being eliminated
Do you play with a wheel and if so is there still input lag where the in game wheel doesn't move in time with the gaming wheel? There's always been a slight delay here.

PS4 Pro is 1800P @ 60fps? I had no idea the pixels counts were that high because the graphics are horrible - low resolution textures all over the place.

PS4 Pro is 30fps with dips.
There was a workaround to get 60fps on a 4k monitor by lowering resolution to 1080 though.

Not correct. As above, Pro is at 1800p with a targeted 60fps (fluctuates a lot but much smoother than standard PS4). It can still do 1080p30 mode with better textures if you force your 4K tv to display at 1080p, or vice versa if you have a 1080p TV (turn on supersampling and the Pro will emulate the 4K 1800p 60fps mode).

Graphics aren’t great even on ps5, but it’s so much smoother that I am not too bothered. If they make a new game for next gen it should be exactly what we’re all looking for.

Same with me, it didn’t crash that much before the last update. It crashes couple to few times an hour. Now every day I check for new update.

Same with me, it didn’t crash that much before the last update. It crashes couple to few times an hour. Now every day I check for new update.
Until January TBA no update will come.

The update will be upgrade to 1.6.x and 2020 season DLC.

No news on specific next gen consoles upgrades

Then Sony got it just damn right. I'd rather have 60 FPS in all conditions than high resolution.

Hell, for me that's an argument for getting a PS5 before GT7 launches.

I'll be getting a PS5 for ACC primarily.

I played ACC last night (Zolder) for about 40 mins. The experience was exhilarating.

Then jumped onto GT Sport for a daily race and it just felt and looked dreadful - like an arcade sim (which it kind of is)...

This game works so great on PS5 that I really wish there is dedicated PS5 version in development. I just would love to see more than 20 cars on tracks, or maybe(?) cross platform multiplayer with PC. In my opinion ACC is the best simulation available on all platforms.

This game works so great on PS5 that I really wish there is dedicated PS5 version in development. I just would love to see more than 20 cars on tracks, or maybe(?) cross platform multiplayer with PC. In my opinion ACC is the best simulation available on all platforms.
I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like on the PS5.

One questions, are you using the Logitech G29? If so, does the throttle input work properly?

My throttle is at 100% when I press the throttle 50%.

I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like on the PS5.

One questions, are you using the Logitech G29? If so, does the throttle input work properly?

My throttle is at 100% when I press the throttle 50%.

Nope. I am using Thrustmaster T300RS. Everything works perfect on official Kunos settings.

Racing with big grids is great , Spa especially as its 49 ai i think.

49 AI on PS5?

Sorry , 49 ai on PC at Spa which has the largest grid. Some of the other tracks allow 34 or so. It makes for an exciting qualifying with traffic.
I hope on the newer consoles you get an option for larger grids.

Sorry , 49 ai on PC at Spa which has the largest grid. Some of the other tracks allow 34 or so. It makes for an exciting qualifying with traffic.
I hope on the newer consoles you get an option for larger grids.

On PCars 1 it was also possible to have more than 32 cars on track even on base consoles. It was working poorly but it worked. I think it also was around 40 cars.

I assume we´ll get a native PS5 version pretty soon.

It´s an UE4 game and it was made for PC initially. It scales pretty nicely. There´s no groundwork to be done, no new assets to create.
It´s all down to optimizing and that´s doable without investing too much.

Fun fact - unpatched ACC runs at 60fps on PS5 with way higher resolution and way more effects.

Here´s a baseless guess: Native PS5 (and Series X) ACC update in March 2021 for €9,99

Last edited:
I assume we´ll get a native PS5 version pretty soon.

It´s an UE4 game and it was made for PC initially. It scales pretty nicely. There´s no groundwork to be done, no new assets to create.
It´s all down to optimizing and that´s doable without investing too much.

Fun fact - unpatched ACC runs at 60fps on PS5 with way higher resolution and way more effects.

Here´s a baseless guess: Native PS5 (and Series X) ACC update in March 2021 for €9,99

I would even buy whole game again if the port is good. ACC is worth it.

On the other hand. I wonder what is next for Kunos? Are they making AC 2? Or plan to expand on ACC? Maybe they will go for ACC2 straight withou AC2 in process, or maybe completely new project?

I would even buy whole game again if the port is good. ACC is worth it.

On the other hand. I wonder what is next for Kunos? Are they making AC 2? Or plan to expand on ACC? Maybe they will go for ACC2 straight withou AC2 in process, or maybe completely new project?

AC is sitting in a pretty saturated market. If it wasn´t for the modability AC would be gone by now.

They have an edge in ACC though - that´s the path I would continue to go down.

Skip AC2 - go straight to ACC2 (and add ELMS pls) is what I would do.

On PCars 1 it was also possible to have more than 32 cars on track even on base consoles. It was working poorly but it worked. I think it also was around 40 cars.

Yes there was large grids on PC1 , I played that on my standard Ps4.
The only difference is the ACC ai use the same physics as the player unlike Project Cars.
One thing that pops up on PC when increasing the car count past 27 is a generic warning about the cpu load if you carry on adding more opponents. Maybe this will limit consoles idk.

Kunos have the SRO licence only, so unless they have an announcement to make, we won’t be seeing any Le Mans prototypes. Frankly, with the job they’ve done with ACC and the rise in popularity of sim racing, any real world series should be chomping at the bit to get Kunos recreating their cars/tracks. No one has ever done it better imo.

Hoping for a proper next gen release also (whenever I can get my mits on a damn PS5 that is), but I wouldn’t expect much more than the 20 AI we already have, as cholton has alluded to already. They’re very CPU heavy, so maybe a push to 25, but I’d keep your expectations low so as not to be disappointed. It would just be great to get a proper next gen version.

Back