What Brings You Joy in Gran Turismo 7?

• Thread starter Revengel
  • 39 comments

Adrenaline vs. Zen: What brings you joy in Gran Turismo 7?

• Adrenaline: Things that generate credits (Sport Mode, Single Player Races, Online Time Trials, etc.)

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Zen: Things that generate credits (Single Player Time Trial, Photo Mode, Livery Creator, etc.)

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
The_Revengel
What brings you the most joy in Gran Turismo 7?

I am squarely in the “Zen” column. While I enjoy the things that earn credits in the game (Single Player Races, Online Time Trials, Circuit Experiences, etc.) I find myself enjoying the more relaxing parts of Gran Turismo even more.

I will take a simple road car – e.g. 1981 Porshe 911 930 – turn off all the U.I. bits, pick a track and just drive the car in V.R. What makes me smile is going through the tunnel of Deep Forest at dawn in a BMW Z8 and watching the tunnel lights reflect off the dashboard, or even just stopping before the first tunnel and listing (and watching) the waterfall for a moment. Taking a C4 ZR1 on Grand Valley Highway 1 and just hot lapping as I watch the sunset. Or a Honda S600 on the Horse Thief Mile to see how well I can maintain momentum. No clocks, no other cars to draft. Just me, the car and the road.

Also, I’ve taken quite a while working on a livery for a car. I started doing this meticulously during my time in Gran Turismo Sport and it’s carried over to this game. Working sporadically on a project during the week (between online races) I’ll normally get a car done in about 5 days or so, driving the car in sport mode just because I like the way it looks.

I’ll even take a car I love in my garage to the café, just to see if anyone there cares.

Again, I love to race! The sense of accomplishment I get from a gold in the master licenses and circuit experience will always keep me coming back for more. Since the update I’m now more motivated to finish the races in single player mode I haven’t done so far. And don’t get me started on the Online Time Trials . . .

But what about you? What is it that brings you the most joy in Gran Turismo?

Both of your options generate credits, is there something I've missed ?

For me either way, generating credits is not a criteria of enjoyment. I love the night and day cycle, sunsets, dawn, dusk and so on, very enjoyable. Racing on the Nordschleife with a noisy Porsche at the end of the night 😍

I don't find the grind for credits enjoyable in GT7, the most fun I get from the game is buyinh and tuning different cars then trying them out in custom races. Unfortunately, you need a lot of credits to enjoy doing this to a decent degree and the credit grind is what puts me off playing.

But I'm guessing it's a typo, he probably meant to say "Adrenaline: Things that generate satisfaction/excitement"

Both of your options generate credits, is there something I've missed ?

For me either way, generating credits is not a criteria of enjoyment. I love the night and day cycle, sunsets, dawn, dusk and so on, very enjoyable. Racing on the Nordschleife with a noisy Porsche at the end of the night 😍
The second (Zen) option really doesn't.
  • Single Player Time Trial: This is when you just drive around the circuit in single player mode. No credits are actually earned. There's a "leader board" of cars you've taken around the course, but that's it. Online Time Trial would be in the Adrenaline section as there's the chase to get within 3% and (therefore) get more credits.
  • Livery Editor. Nada credits.
  • Photo Mode. Ibid (yes, I'm old)
  • Music Rally. Zippy credits.
  • Buying/Modifying cars. How do you make a small fortune? Start with a large one.
Sorry if there was stuff I missed, but hope that helps!
But I'm guessing it's a typo, he probably meant to say "Adrenaline: Things that generate satisfaction/excitement"

The satisfaction can come from either category, that's true. But the reason I labeled it the way I did was just to draw a line between that competitive aspect of the game (race/Online TT) and the non competitive aspect.

Last edited:
I think the point was, why have the two options if both are for credit generation :lol:

So no matter which one people choose, the only thing that brings joy is money.

Upon having a closer look...photo mode and replays definitely don't generate credits. 🤣

Last edited:
  • Single Player Time Trial: This is when you just drive around the circuit in single player mode. No credits are actually earned. There's a "leader board" of cars you've taken around the course, but that's it. Online Time Trial would be in the Adrenaline section as there's the chase to get within 3% and (therefore) get more credits.
  • Livery Editor. Nada credits.
  • Photo Mode. Ibid (yes, I'm old)
  • Music Rally. Zippy credits.
  • Buying/Modifying cars. How do you make a small fortune? Start with a large one.
Sorry if there was stuff I missed, but hope that helps!
You put a typo in your poll mate, that's what people are referring to.

I've been advocating for SP time trial payment since day 1. It's something the game should have to incentive players, especially Zen players, to get out on the track.

Well I am playing since launch and have been playing GTS and some previous GTs so I have an idea of what those various game uses are, I was hinting at your poll, where both answers are said to generate Cr. ;) as pointed by @NJ72 :)

Well I am playing since launch and have been playing GTS and some previous GTs so I have an idea of what those various game uses are, I was hinting at your poll, where both answers are said to generate Cr. ;) as pointed by @NJ72 :)
OH SNAP!

and I can't edit it . . .

egg on face emoji

Last edited:
Guess I'm in no player's land. Replays bring me joy.
Nah, I'm there with you. I run races just to watch the replays sometimes. There are 19 other races happening in that one race that I usually don't get to see unless I watch the AI cars.

I have always loved the replays in GT games, and I wish that 7 had b-spec mode so I can sit back and enjoy the race. GT7 is the best version of the game. The lighting is amazing, sound is greatly improved, and the car detail is absolutely insane. Especially the headlights. They are the most realistic looking I've seen out of any game, including PC.

Sport Mode races with similarly skilled, clean drivers, battling for position (bonus if said position is P1!). Then, saving the replay, recording it on a capture card and putting it on my computer for later viewing. It's extra fun if I forget what happened while watching.

Kinda depends for me. Often the most fun I get is just leisurely driving stock machines around, just trying to learn their unique driving style and flow. I honestly think GT7 has finally found a really nice sweetspot with stock road car physics, it feels like you get to overdrive most cars a little and just enjoy how they respond to you, which is something I've raaarely experienced in any game on a gamepad.

And then the rest of the time i just oggle at the graphics and the beautifully recreated car models in the photo mode.

I go through phases of both. Recently I’ve been credit grinding during the week then playing single player races in VR on the weekends.
For the first year of GT7 I only played sport though.
I upgraded my rig last weekend so im feeling the itch to get PS+ again, spend the next few days racing sport.

Online dogfights with clean intent, and hot lapping. Just wish Sony (pd) would get their act together with the fanatec sdk regarding the vibrations and oscillations relative to wheel feel/grip…but i think fanatec’s new offering, which appears to copy logitech’s sound based feedback system(or the bass shaker lines) are a response to Sony(pd) giving them the middle finger there.

If I had to choose I would say Zen, my true happy place is picking a stock car from the garage, testing it, tuning it to a certain PP, painting it and further testing/tuning until it feels right.

But I also love the pursuit of a perfect lap and chasing ghosts so my next happy place is the Sport TTs.

Last edited:
This ! ... recently.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20231201153809.jpg

:cheers:

Latest Posts

Back