What Brings You Joy in Gran Turismo 7?

• Thread starter Revengel
  • 39 comments

Adrenaline vs. Zen: What brings you joy in Gran Turismo 7?

• Adrenaline: Things that generate credits (Sport Mode, Single Player Races, Online Time Trials, etc.)

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Zen: Things that generate credits (Single Player Time Trial, Photo Mode, Livery Creator, etc.)

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
We need a "both" option in the poll. It depends on my mood. Some times I race, some times I just drive cars stock just to see, sometime I do full builds just to see where the ceiling is on a car. Sometimes, if Im...in a different state of mind, if you will, I'll just take pictures.

My driven hours to play hours ratio would put me on the Zen side, but if you had asked this question back in 2020 I would have been on Adrenaline side. There is a few reasons for that:
  • I don't really feel as much pressure from online racing as when I first started, so my enjoyment of it has died down pretty substantially.
  • Getting into 3% margin for time trial isn't really that hard at my experience level. After I am satisfied with my progress on the leaderboard/getting the gold, I pretty much stop. Spending any more time on it is to make a point to myself.
  • Single player races generally did not use my preferred type of cars (Formula, Gr.1, Gr.2, Vintage) while also having decent payouts. Biased towards cars that are trying to kill me or have a great sense of speed/road feel.
Taking photos and making photos are usually for when I do not feel like driving any more for that day. Sometimes I end up spending a ton of time trying to make a banger.
Sorry about the quality. I had to take it from old PS messages.
18c2608444e24-899f386293c437409eddf0097939c9ca9853840e-610_message_427831930834968_1671218479824.jpg

18c260806048-899f386293c437409eddf0097939c9ca9853840e-610_message_427831942419756_1671218525077.jpg

Last edited:
I sometimes feel like i’m missing out with the livery editors and photo modes. For whatever reason when my wheel is plugged in, the analog sticks (and just the analog sticks) don’t work on my controller. I can turn the controller off and back on again to make the analog sticks work, but that makes my wheel not work so then I have to reboot my PS4! Madness. So yeah because it’s so much faffing about all i really do in game is drive and race.

Last edited:
Guess I'm in no player's land. Replays bring me joy.

Nah, I'm there with you. I run races just to watch the replays sometimes. There are 19 other races happening in that one race that I usually don't get to see unless I watch the AI cars.
I'd put these in the "Zen" category (so mad I can't edit the poll options and resolve the typo) because it's not really about competition.

We need a "both" option in the poll.
I considered that but I wanted people to make a choice. I, for example, enjoy the hamfat out of both categories. But I asked myself the following question:

What makes me smile the most often when I play?

I love a close, clean race. If I win those races . . . all the better. But the things that make me just chuckle when nobody's there, the stuff that gives me a sense of "wow, this is on a next level" tend to fall in the Zen category.

But I love both. And how.

Last edited:
The best thing for me is just having so much time to craft up a livery in the editor... other than that? I kind of like customising cars, but hate that it costs so much to have a copy of the car, and still haven't made full use of the styles feature

Time trial, by far. However, I wish It had more weather/time progressions options, as in custom races. And the steering/wheel animations...incredibly smooth. Pure joy!

I'm actually enjoying the new weekly events, mostly because it's prompting me to try races and drive cars that I didn't know existed or didn't know I owned. I can easily complete the races themselves in an hour or two, but because it's convinced me to try new cars I end up going off on a side quest to modify these cars that I wouldn't have used otherwise. Usually after I get home from a work trip I'm too exhausted to bother creating my own journey from scratch so I'm enjoying that added bit of game design that gives me just enough guidance to realize more opportunities.

Gold medals in license tests.
I do genuinely love getting closer and closer until that one time you smash the target time.

It’s odd that you are several tenths away for ages, without understanding how you can do it faster, then out of nowhere you get gold by half a second and it seems easy all of a sudden.

I've always enjoyed collecting race cars. In this case it's creating them in livery editor. Either way I need credits. Lots of credits.

Back