what can beat a skyline?

• Thread starter bofeeka
  • 63 comments
The special subaru rally car has some break neck acceleration, and top notch speed. If you'r talk'in 'bout a 4WD skyline, look for anouther 4WD w/like hp, and lighter weight. Lotus espirit GT1 a little slower acceleration from a dead stop but should easily overtake a skyline in the first 1/2 of the first lap.

To beat a Skyline, use a stick. The Skylines in this game rock.

The TVR Cerbera LM is faster on the racetrack. Slightly squirrely though. The Toyota GT=ONE is very fast also. There is also the R390-GT1 road version fully modded, with gears set to 14-16 on auto.

What CAN beat a stock skyline speedwise :
-SVT Cobra
-All C4 corvettes
-All vipers
-Maybe a supra
-Maybe an RX7
-Venturis, W8s, Series 1, Cobra, you name it.

What CAN beat a fully modded skyline speedwise(no escudo) :
-Mitsu 3000GT fully modded
-GT-One racer
-HKS drag cars
-RX-7 modded
-Speed 12
-hybrids

Actually, I think you could do a good bit of damage to a fully-tuned Skyline's ego with:

Supra RZ '97
Supra GT specials
R390 GT1 (any)
GT-One (any)
Venturi Atlantique 600LM
Altezza LM
Mitsu FTO LM
Honda del Sol LM

Quite a number of cars, actually; the GT-R still handles like an 18-wheeler at times. I don't think any 3000GT could, though.

Originally posted by vette_7t9
What CAN beat a stock skyline speedwise :
-SVT Cobra
-All C4 corvettes
-All vipers
-Maybe a supra
-Maybe an RX7
-Venturis, W8s, Series 1, Cobra, you name it.
Subaru 22B
Vipers
My 338hp Challenger
Probably the "Muscle Car" (Road Runner), Superbird, and GTX
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra '99?
Lotus Esprit V8-GT
Acura NSX Type S Zero?
Almost any race car (Lupo/Beetle cup cars excluded)
TVR Cerbera (any)
TVR Griffith (any)
TVR Tuscan Speed 6
A whole lot of other cars
[R]Pennzoil Nismo GT-R

What CAN beat a fully modded skyline speedwise(no escudo) :
-HKS drag cars
[/B]

Not if you just came out of a corner. If you decelerate, turn the corner (and probably hit the wall no matter how slow you take the corner), and mash the gas, he drag cars will spin their wheels for quite a while before accelerating. I was almost humiliated by a bunch of near-stock Skylines in the racing style GT-R race (1st by what, 0.65 seconds?). I then re-ran the race in my favorite Skyline, the Pennzoil Nismo GT-R (one of the best looking Skylines...the R34 25GT Turbo [the 270hp one with the narrow grille opening that's like a GT-R Junior] is even prettier)

Originally posted by Woolie Wool
Would the Cultus Pikes Peak (a very underrated car; everyone flocks to the Escudo) stomp a fully-modded Skyline?
Hmmm...I've always found it hard to turn in, but it should do the job; according to the raw stats, it should beat a fully-tuned GT-R.

I beat the AI Escudo with the Cultus; yes, it took about 8 tries, but it was one of those victories you savor!

Welcome to the forum drifterzzz!

Now, go back to the Drifters Only forum.

Don't laugh, I'm convinced a fully tuned Audi S4 will put up a very very tough fight for the Skyline, but then again, the Skyline can go to +-780hp while the Audi is maxed to 580 somewhere...

Nonetheless it's a very very good car (mostly in the field of handling) underestimated in general

<Z>

Originally posted by Eddy
well 800TT has max speed of 378kph (234mph) and McLaren F1 has max speed of 372kph (231mph) so it'd be a ****ing close race, but I reckon the McLaren would still beat it...

there is a clip on kazaa that has the F1 topping out at 394kph or something in the 390's....that car is freakin awesome!

back to topic...what can beat a gt-r....

toyota supra RZ, nissan R390 gt1 road car/LM, toyota gt1 roadcar/LM, dodge viper, speed 12, corvette(rolling start) and RX-7(rolling start) or a while after standing start...jsut need the car to pick up speed then it will slowly pass the gt-r until a certain MPH where the gt-r's kill them...

in bought and done up cars not many will out handle or turn faster lap times than a bought and done up GTR. You have to know how to make them corner.
Many of the cars mentioned here are full bore LM or equivelant cars. Take the Calsonic, Unisia, or Penzoil GTR against many of the others and it is a much closer race.

In the Race Specced cars, thoughs that are GT500 or LM editions and few besides the very top of the charts can match the lap times. The CDMA Supra or equivelant is faster, so is the Cerbera, Toyota GT, R390 marginally, but with these high powered RWD cars you make a mistake and it is all over.

In my car club we used to have GT2 nights. Raced different cars in team events on a single TV per team. 90% of the time my team won using the Calsonic R34 GTR GT500 car. Why because while the other cars were capable of making that quicker lap time a spin here, off the road here cost you time in a longer event when you couldn't afford to do with close skill levels.

Personally I think the top two cars are the TVR Cerbera LM, and Toyota GT1 LM. They have the right balance for consistant lap times but can still punish you if you make a mistake.

i think most of u ppl underestimate the power of a skyline. when fully tuned it has well over 700hp. tune the final gear ratio all the way down and u get under 10 sec 1/4 mile. i also have tried it with a ruf ctr 2, or something like that, fully modded and final as low as it would go. in 1/4 mile it was slower than my skyline, and in the 1000m it was slower. in overall max speed i think the ruf would be able to beat it, but on the test track i've only been able to get it up to 230, but the skyline 232. they are both good cars, but i would use the skyline anytime i could, rather than the ruf.

Another point since there seems to be a fair bit of Skyline Bashing in this thread. On leguna Seca I have managed now 1:08's in my Calsonic R34 GT. That is on par with the 98 R390 LM I also use. Looking at the sector times the last two sectors are owned by the Skyline where Sectors one and two are owned by the R390. It is so much about balance, lines and settings.

Yet as I mentioned give me the TVR Cerbera and it can hold its own against vertually any car on GT2 except the TVR Speed12, Escudo, or equivelent.

When you say "What car can beat a skyline?", which skyline do you mean?

One of my mates collects Skylines and owns practically every skyline in GT2. There is one that he loves however and we've nick-named it the Bullet.
The Bullet against an Escudo can keep up with it in the first 3 or 4 Escudo Gears and when it comes to turning, it's almost a viper.

Back