What car for new B-spec online races?

• Thread starter bluexterra
  • 135 comments
Brand new driver level 0 with Elise 111R walked through 500pp race while I watched TV.

Mclaren F1 on 650pp can win with guidance.
Zonda R modded and cut back (for a solid power band) dominated with no assistance
Mazda 787b cut back to 650pp can win also, but needed some help to catch the Mclaren F1 GTR

I can win most events with 650PP full race cars.Watch what computer opponents you face.If the BMW Mclaren race car is entered you might have to coach driver bc it really gets a big lead on you while your guy fights thru the crowd.plus he tends to cool off after he gets into 2nd place.My Ford gt race car wins 1st just about every time with no coaching.If you exit out to main menu and go back to race you will have a different field(thats what i would do).

The 500pp event I just now used the RUF Yellowbird with this tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=5324632
It finished with 2nd place Lotus just going into last turn. great set up Adrena.

There are new B spec seasonals! Same restrictions as last time just on different tracks.

There are new B spec seasonals! Same restrictions as last time just on different tracks.

Yes, indeed:

Grand Valley East- lvl 10+, 400pp, 5 laps

SSR5 - lvl 20+, 500pp, 5 laps

Indy Road - lvl 30+, 650, 10 laps

for the 'old' B-spec races, I used the Peugeot 206CC (400PP), Lotus Evora (500) and the Panoz Esperante GTR-1 (650). From memory, I had to use the power limiter on them to reach the right PP and the Panoz required quite a bit of input to get in front.

Grand Valley 400 PP: Toyota MR2 Supercharged '86, Mini Cooper S '05, Seat Ibiza Cupra '04

Special Stage Route 5 500 PP: Nissan 370Z '08, Aston Martin DB9 '06

Indy Road 650 PP: Pagani Zonda LM, Nissan GT-R R35 TC

Guaranteed win with no input (level 37 bob)

400pp - VX220T

500pp - Altezza Touring Car

650pp - Chaparral 2J Race Car

Thanks for all the tips. I got the 400PP with my Lupo GTI that I used in the Lupo Challenge cup and just powered it down a little. The RUF BTR with the recommended tunings on this thread worked great for 500PP/Rome without any handling, but the other race at night had to slow bob down just before the curvy parts of the track or it would tend to spin out. I used the Mazda race car (powered down) and the Toyota Minolta and both of those worked on the 650PP

400pp - Honda Accord Coupé without new oil and less admission (97%)

500pp - Nissan GTR Proto with less admission (98%)

650pp - Chaparral 2J Race Car '70

400pp - Honda Accord Coupé without new oil and less admission (97%)

500pp - Nissan GTR Proto with less admission (98%)

650pp - Chaparral 2J Race Car '70
Biggest problem with the 650pp races are when the top 1 or 2 cars get too big a lead, then when your driver makes it into 3rd, he'll slack off, apparently because there's no competition in sight. I've found this happens more with the 2J. The F1 GTR seems able to win outright with no input, once your Bob gets over lvl 27.

Yes,that´s true.So I do the driver get a higher rythm until he´s in first place.When he´s in 1st place I don´t do anything (well waiting the final watching some tv program xD) and the driver keeps very well the 1st place (I talk about a LV30 and 31 driver) ;)

Back