What car for Special Events Rally?

  • Thread starter Thread starter aga080
  • 23 comments
  • 3,511 views
Messages
150
It's saying im needing something 246hp or less...

what car have you all succeeded in for the different levels of the rally stuff in Special Events?
 
I used a Vauxhall VX220 for the tarmac rally, and a Mitsubishi 3000GT S (the 220bhp model) for the gravel and snow.

After that I moved onto the Mitsubishi Evo 8 with some upgrades for the intermediate level.

But all this has been covered in previous threads, we have a search facility for this...
 
I'm not a fan of French cars but I used the Peugeot 205 which has 4wd. It can be bought from used cars dealer if you are lucky. Also, I think I have seen first generation Subaru Imprezas which have less or exactly 246 bhp.
 
I used the Mini Cooper S 07 with upgrades (sport ecu, air filter and racing exhaust) for gravel and snow. For tarmac I used a Lotus Elise, with some upgrades, but don't know which ones ;) So cars you need for a and b spec
 
I bought the Lancia Delta Integrale. I've had the best luck with it so far. And it's a premium, so you don't have to go searching through the used car lot. Once you've finished the beginner, you can tune it up for the intermediate.
 
I used a Vauxhall VX220 for the tarmac rally, and a Mitsubishi 3000GT S (the 220bhp model) for the gravel and snow.

After that I moved onto the Mitsubishi Evo 8 with some upgrades for the intermediate level.

But all this has been covered in previous threads, we have a search facility for this...


i actually really searched for this, in a couple of ways...thats why i ended up making a thread
 
i actually really searched for this, in a couple of ways...thats why i ended up making a thread

Ah right, my apologies. I do remember seeing a thread about this, but it may be in the Q&A thread. I'm too drunk to bother looking for it. I would recommend lightweight cars with limited slip differentials for the tarmac events, and AWD cars for the other events.
 
I used a Lancer Evo II with full lightweight reduction, lowered suspension, upgraded drivetrain, close ratio 6-speed... Basically a load of mods that don't increase horsepower, and don't recondition the engine either, it had 244bhp. It won every event by a few seconds.
 
I used an '07 mini. It worked pretty well. I forgot what I did too it though:tup:
 
I tried using my Delta on the intermediate tarmac, and failed :(

Then I took the odd Ouillium Motors SPIRRA out, and boy did I have fun with that! It loves to get it's tail out on the corners, and the speed is impressive, for a small MR <345HP car. I didn't even adjust the weight. It won the event by a cool 25 seconds (total)! The only thing is it's good for tarmac only (can't add dirt or snow tires).
 
I used a used pop up light Celica (about 1989ish) did it easy
 
I used an Audi TT for the beginner. A Subaru Impreza WRX STi '05 with some mods for the intermediate. For the advanced I'm using a Delta S4 Rally Car '85 that I won from the Expert Gallardo race. I havent finished the Advanced races yet, but I'm 2/3rd of the way there. I'm very confident the Delta '85 will be able to do it.
 
A mildly tuned gixxer! The GSX-R/4 I mean :)

Edit- Only for the tarmac stages.

Stratos Rally car to breeze by rest of the stuff.
 
Lancia Delta Integrale did the job for me. The C4 WRC did the rest. :)
 
Look for something with 4-Wheel drive (4WD).. And tune your transmission for quick acceleration. You will NEED this if you want gold on some later stages.

I used a variation of one of the many Subaru Impreza WRX's for the rally events, and got gold in every event almost effortlessly. I recommend any of them.

The snow levels are easiest. I won one of those by almost 2 minutes.
 
On the cheap you can use the Mitsubishi gto (or 3000-gt) for the first three, at which point it will give you a card for a "rally base car" mine was the new wrx sti sedan, a couple quick mods later and it's good for the 2nd set of events
 
I randomly used the Autobacs Garaiya '02 (S) that i won by getting all silvers in the IC licence. Won them all by miles with all aids off (ABS 1). Was really good fun off road as well!! Give it a go!! 👍
 
It's saying im needing something 246hp or less...
what car have you all succeeded in for the different levels of the rally stuff in Special Events?
A quicker answer would be got by using the search function.

Anything, I just stuck dirt tyres on something with about 200bhp and it was easy. C4 WRC wipes the rest.
 
Begginer = Ford Focus ST 240HP
Advanced = Lancer Rally '03 345HP? (can't remember the HP) (Tommy Makkinnen one)
Expert = Subaru WRX 480HP? (tunned)

I managed to get Silver on Expert Tarmac and Gravel, but I guess I just have to try harder.
I got the Subaru after getting Gold on all Advanced Rally Challenges and got a Lancia Stratus Rally '77 after beating Expert. Will try to get the other 2 Golds with the Lancia now :)
 
I used an '82 Audi Quattro. Nothing dramatic but it got the job done.
 
Lancia Delta. qualifies for the first events and can be tuned for the later ones too.
 
I used a Clio for the Beginner events.:) For Inter and Expert I used the C4 WRC that you get by getting gold on the Loeb Special Event.
 
In honor of the original Gran Turismo, I choose to beat this with the GTO Twin Turbo 98' (The 3000Gt is from the A-spec races, the GTO is from the B-spec.) I choose to purchase only enough performance items to get me just under the HP limit. I also choose all of the chassis, drive train, and transmission upgrades. This is probably much more than what is needed but I enjoyed using this car, mainly because it was my favorite car from GT1.
 
Back