What car has been the biggest surprise?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Conemasher
  • 85 comments
  • 7,312 views
zr2man
Remember its 88 mph not kmph.
That clearly says Km/h...

That thing would never reach 88Mph...
 
I was really surprised to see any trucks in the game besides the SSR. And of course the DeLorean was an unexpected surprise as well.

What shocks me though is how there only seems to be one Forumula 1 car after the various amount we got in GT3.
 
Physics
I was really surprised to see any trucks in the game besides the SSR. And of course the DeLorean was an unexpected surprise as well.
Seriously... what's the point of having trucks or SUVs if they handle like garbage? I guess it's like having the muscle cars in GT3?

Physics
What shocks me though is how there only seems to be one Forumula 1 car after the various amount we got in GT3.

Is this true... bummer, they were great in GT3.
 
Biggest surprise is how much fun certain FF's can be....

 
It has to be the Sileighty to me, I am a big Initial D fan and I am not surprised when I saw AE86 SS edition there.

But Sileighty surprised me, only they don't have the colour that appeared in the anime (which is Blue).
 
the volvo 240 is the biggest suprise :D that is the car i was grown up with :)
 
my biggest surprise is Cizeta V16T
one of my first dream car when I was a little kid
 
i agree with you guys it is a real shame at the lack of f1 cars and it would have been so much fun to have a go in the bowler wildcat. The top gear episode were they tested it was so funny
 
Cancooni
Which GTI do they have? The 1.8T or the VR6?

There is only one real GTI and that´s the first 1,6 Litre Engine !

It revs like no other GTI after it and i sounds great !
 
You sure it won't reach 140? :)

Also, i tried to time travel & took a 'lil vid of it, feel free to try it and just lemme know what you think?

http://www.timbrad.com/gt/time_travel.wmv

Please right click > save target as!
 

Attachments

  • TV2005011919102200.jpg
    TV2005011919102200.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 150
Mine is definitely the fleet of Amuse S2000's. I'm a little disappointed that they didn't add the pre-2004 models though but its still awesome.

custom-s2000-000.jpg
 
I love the idea of having the 1970 Chevelle LS6 454 SS in the game along with the 1987 Buick GNX and the Renault Alpine. I can't stand the fact the 1964 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe Race Car ain't in the fricken game!
 
The McLaren car surprised me most.

In my opinion, I think its presence in the game is underrated, because they revealed it way too early. Imagine it was a hidden car in GT4. Someone probably would have their own seperate thread just to say it once they found such a hot car.

Edit: Disappointments
As far as cars are concerned, none
 
Hey timbrad were can i find the full size version of your avatar? Nice vid too, finally get to see the DMC in action :).
 
The full size pic is in my pics page which is in my sig ;)
 
the biggest suprprise is the drift cars with the neons that they use at night :drool
 
Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Love the video...hee hee.

I wish I knew how to do video editing..I'd love to make that seem a bit more real...couple of flashes of light as it's passing by the screen, then edit in the flames...that would be sweet.

We could start a huge rumor around the internet that GT4's Delorean has a Time Circuit cheat that you can use to win the 24 hr. endurance race with! :lol:
 
Someone needs to post a picture of the Volvo 240 with different rims and lowered!:p
 
I have posted pics of the 240 in that state, check the link in my sig ;)
 
volvo7.JPG


that wing makes it a real mean machine :mad:
does this car have as much "body-roll" as it does in real life?
if it does.....................GREAT!!!!! :D
 
That is just plain sick 👍 :crazy: great shot
 
Hi! I think Volvo 245 estate ''88 is cool... because volvo hasn't be GRAN TURISMO games before. and it was suprise too, that volvo-car was old model 245, WOW! 👍
 
Dirkiyo
that wing makes it a real mean machine :mad:
does this car have as much "body-roll" as it does in real life?
if it does.....................GREAT!!!!! :D

Awesome picture !...

I seriously hope someone gets the GT4 equivalent of MKs Garage Editor out soon.. That body, some seriously large rims and the powerplant and drivetrain from the Plymouth Superbird... The Ring is screaming for that combo !....
 
mav is SPOT ON! That amuse S2000 pictured is an absoulte ROCKET around the rimg. I thought it would be half decent seeing it in Best motoring and all but around the ring its GOLD. When I race that in arcade with the opponents skill at its highest, (10) and my typers at N2 (second crappest) the car still wins by some 30 seconds. Its pretty poor on the long straight but around the twisties, its a rocket.

Just after the 'jump' at the start of the ring, there is this double corner right hander that you usually have to brake for in the BMW M3 and lift for with the NSX-R but the Amuse S2000 can be held flat as a surfboard through there. And its so controllable on the limit (even when over the limit).


The NSX-R is another suprize. IT consistantly laps some 10-12 seconds faster around the ring than the M3 (which is a personal favourite of mine at the ring).

Dissapointments are prolly the M5 which is a very 'harsh' car to drive (IMO). It drives like its got no flywheel (ie the revs go up and down very quickly which is what its prolly like in real life).

RUF BTR (The old one) is a hard car to drive as it steps sideways very easily but is a rewarding car to drive as its quite quick out of the corners (if you can take one without being on a 45 degree angle.....which is hella fun to do).

No real stand out dissapointments so far though.
 
Oh man, you guys talking about how all the cars handle and stuff, i still gotta wait another month or so :(
 
XPLOSV
RUF BTR (The old one) is a hard car to drive as it steps sideways very easily but is a rewarding car to drive as its quite quick out of the corners (if you can take one without being on a 45 degree angle.....which is hella fun to do).
Ha !.. The BTR handles like it's on rails compared to the Yellowbird - Insane slides with sooo much joy when it just "works"....

No real stand out dissapointments so far though.
👍
 
Back