What car has been the biggest surprise?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Conemasher
  • 85 comments
  • 7,311 views
At least there is a reasonable selection of Golfs (the Mk1 GTi, Mk4 GTi (!!) and Mk5 GTi plus the R32).

The De Lorean had the Alpine V6 didn't it?

I liked the M5 (mildly tuned up to about 560Hp, upgrade brakes, 2 stages of weight reduction and a wing with some downforce).

Nice to see the new model 3 series in the game.

At least there is one diesel car in the game in the shape of the BMW 120d.

I have yet to find a car I don't like.
 
The biggest let down is easily the Caterham.

I still havent figured out where I can race with it...
 
XPLOSV
Agree'd. Here are some shots I took today with it.

http://forum.910bluebird.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=15055

http://forum.910bluebird.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=15062

How does the yellowbird handle? Is it even more sideways happy as the BTR and is it as easy to control as the BTR?

Awesome shots 👍

Those are from Photomode I assume ?... I still haven't figured out how to get into Photomode in replays...

And the Yellowbird feels a lot scarier than the BTR.. I haven't compared specs, but I would assume that the Yellowbird is somewhat lighter than the BTR.
 
Flerbizky
Awesome shots 👍

Those are from Photomode I assume ?... I still haven't figured out how to get into Photomode in replays...
It took me a while too. I dont know how to get into Photomode but to get into Photodrive, save your replay (I have only driven in arcade mode time trials), after you've seved it, go to GT mode and enter the replay theater. Then click the replay you want to watch and when viewing the replay, press select when you want to capture that particular frame and choose your camera settings and your laughing.

BIG thanks to maskrider for screen translations or I wouldnt have a clue which button was for shutter speed, aperture etc etc
 
XPLOSV
It took me a while too. I dont know how to get into Photomode but to get into Photodrive, save your replay (I have only driven in arcade mode time trials), after you've seved it, go to GT mode and enter the replay theater. Then click the replay you want to watch and when viewing the replay, press select when you want to capture that particular frame and choose your camera settings and your laughing.
Coolies !... I must leave wrrk and go home and try this. Have a few "shots" in mind :trouble:

BIG thanks to maskrider for screen translations or I wouldnt have a clue which button was for shutter speed, aperture etc etc
Yes - We owe Maskrider a lot !....
 
TWINTURBOJAY?

what exactly is a "spin your tyres" hand gesture?

and TIMBRAD, the delorean was doing 88 KPH, not 88MPH, try that!

It has to accelerate to 88 MPH to achieve the 1.21 gigowatts that power the flux capacitor dude.
 
TimBrad
was pleasently surprised of the fun of driving an MK V golf gti with stage I turbo & soft racing tyres! brilliant fun!


Hi all, got the game friday, but so far I've had the most fun with the Golf Mk V gti. I did the GTI Cup with a stock one and didn't expect it to be so much fun to drive.
 
I think the car that surprised me most was the Alpine A310. I didn't even know the car was in (only the old A1600). I just instantly fell in love with it.

a310.jpg
 
I've been spending alot, I man ALOT, of time recently driving an Audi TT 3.2 quattro. I adore this car in real life, always have. I remember when I first earned enough credits in GT3 to buy a car beyond the Vitz I bought a Audi TT. I then remember being disappointed. The TT in GT3 was sorta useless. It's stock form was a mess and even when tuned it had no real use beyond the TT race. It was a pig.

Well. In GT4, PD really outdid themselves with the new 3.2 quatto TT. In it's stock for it is absolutely perfect. It sounds amazing and handles even better. Upgrading some engine parts (cluthc, flywheel, etc) really makes the most of it 250'ish PS. Sport suspension and lightweight upgrades take it another step further. This little car is on my top 5 cars in GT4, it took out a RUF to do that too....

I'm a Porsche/RUF fan primarily, but following that I love Audis. Interestingly enough I don't go for their bread and butter cars (the A/S4, RS6, A6, A8...etc). But I love their "little" cars, the TT and the new A3...not to mention their race cars!


My top 5 cars in GT4 thus far at 50.7% complete and over 120hours of play;
1) RUF Yellowbird CTR
2) VW GTI '05
3) RUF BTR
4) Nissan Skyline R34 v-spec II N1 '00
5) Audi TT 3.2 quattro

Honorable mention;
Audi A4 DTM, Audi R8, RUF 3400s, Lotus Elise 111r, Amuse s2000, BMW M3 GTR (race car), BMW M3, Nissan Z (GT edition), VW Karramn Ghia, Falken GTR
 
Sockz
The biggest let down is easily the Caterham.

I still havent figured out where I can race with it...

A family cup race?
 
Dimension
i agree with you guys it is a real shame at the lack of f1 cars and it would have been so much fun to have a go in the bowler wildcat. The top gear episode were they tested it was so funny
Its ashame theres even 1 in it........ :sick:
 
LaBounti
A family cup race?

Nope...there isn't one. I haven't found anywhere I can race it yet, even in the "race" option on the circuit free run in GT mode.

Just hotlaps with it is all I've done.
 
mav
Mine is definitely the fleet of Amuse S2000's. I'm a little disappointed that they didn't add the pre-2004 models though but its still awesome.

custom-s2000-000.jpg

Is the amuse S2000 R1 as good as the one Best Motoring bought on the Touge ?
must be the earlier one not included like you said sadly....

DO I get my hopes too high or has the 04 version a very very good handling ?
Can't wait to drive the Min'es skyline too :)

Best Motoring + JGTC cars I can drive this game is a dream come true :)
 
XPLOSV
It took me a while too. I dont know how to get into Photomode but to get into Photodrive, save your replay (I have only driven in arcade mode time trials), after you've seved it, go to GT mode and enter the replay theater. Then click the replay you want to watch and when viewing the replay, press select when you want to capture that particular frame and choose your camera settings and your laughing.

BIG thanks to maskrider for screen translations or I wouldnt have a clue which button was for shutter speed, aperture etc etc

1) finally happy to see someone is only interested in time trial like I do :) (stock cars comparison that's my thing)
2) thanks a lot for the info I don't have the game yet but I don't have to guess if that was a real feature of gt4 now :) I can already order another Memory card only for replay then hehe replay saving frenzy ahead
 
Sockz
The biggest let down is easily the Caterham.
...

Yup, completely agree, I was looking forward to powering out of corners in this but it has horrendous understeer and just won't break traction as easily as it should.

Same goes for the TVR 350c - actually quite a dull car to drive in the game, and with an almost inaudible engine!!

Any of the Elises are great fun!
 
:lol: :crazy: I just love that Volvo!!!! :drool: just how much can you tune it? Such a shame you can't use your garage in 2 player, can you imagine your mate's face as you power slide past his EVO (for example) in a Volvo 240 with a rear wing!!
I'd probably wet myself!!
That Alpine looks stunning too!
Anyone got the Jenson yet?
Brad that vid is excellent, I'm gonna save it and show it to my mate this weekend!!
 
OJDee
Yup, completely agree, I was looking forward to powering out of corners in this but it has horrendous understeer and just won't break traction as easily as it should.

Same goes for the TVR 350c - actually quite a dull car to drive in the game, and with an almost inaudible engine!!

Any of the Elises are great fun!

RE: caterhams...

i think what makes them so nice in the real world is their bare-bones'ness. It is like driving a giant gokart or an old school GP car. You are open and exposed to the elements and feel it. It is a thrill to drive (never driven one BTW).

All of that is lost in a video game and unfortunately in GT4 the car is just another borning low powered car. It just doesn't translate well to a video game.

I am glad PD put it in and would like to see more of such cars in GT5, but hopefully they can build the physics for them a bit differently...?????

I agree...the Lotus Elise is amazing, even better than it was in GT3.
 
For me it's got to be the Auto Union Type C Streamline...
:drool: 6.1 Litres of Supercharged V16 glory :drool:

Oooh I can't wait :dopey:
 

Attachments

  • aIMG0248.jpg
    aIMG0248.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 31
Trueno_SS
For me it's got to be the Auto Union Type C Streamline...
:drool: 6.1 Litres of Supercharged V16 glory :drool:

Oooh I can't wait :dopey:

Hey somebody tell me ALL about that car! Some old Le Mans Audi???? :dopey: In game??? :dopey: Can you drive it??? :dopey: Any specs? Where from you get it? And don't say you can get that car only if you have that damn cheating machine. :grumpy:
 
One big surprise was the Lotus Carlton. The performance seemed somewhat disapppointing.
 
Back