What car has left you pleasantly surprised?

• Thread starter DC2_Evan
  • 85 comments
United States
Ohio
OnlySlightlyBad
OnlySlightlyBad
Like the title says, what car were you surprised with? Either with being easy to drive, faster than you thought, or just plain fun? Honestly, I didn't expect much with either Gr.4 or Gr.3 Hyundai, but they are both extremely easy to drive and be consistent with. They aren't really the fastest anywhere, but they are fast enough around just about any track. I also really like the Gr.4 Cayman. Yes it is under powered as all hell in a straight line, but the cornering speeds and handle are superb. Always looking for suggestions on different cars to try as well lol. Thanks for your time!

I second the cayman. Wonderful dynamics, especially when tuned. Try a slightly taller 2nd gear and experience it's phenomenal traction out of corners. Probably its best quality, but trailbraking is sublime too.
I usually adjust the final drive on it in lobbies and do some minor tweaks to the suspension. Its such a great car to drive.
Subaru WRX GR.3.
I don't drive many Gr.3 cars, so I'll be testing some of them out over the weekend. I'll have to try to Subaru out for sure.

The DeTomaso Pantera, an underrated N Class car.

Definitely surprised by the Atenza Gr.3. It’s a very stable car with a very good top speed for the Gr.3 class. On Blue Moon Bay Infield A, I drove it from 14th to 2nd on the first race I used it. Great feeling car despite its larger size.

The Audi R8 LMS is sweet if you know how to control it.

Sadly, the BoP in the Sport mode kind of neuters it's strength.

I like all these cars! Pantera is a really fun drive, especially with the H shifter and clutch. I tend to like the Mazdas since I own a Mazda in real life :D.

The Audi can be very competitive! Did four races the other day in a Gr.3 @ Laggiore (Race B) combo, and got three wins and one 3rd place finish Not too shabby :).

My suggestion would be the Subaru VGT car. I recently started a lap chart on Nordschleife, and use the Kudos random car picker to select a car to lap. The Subaru was my last one, and it surprised me how fun it was to drive. Sadly, no cockpit view, but it's got loads of grip and good speed, plus 4WD and it's default tires are Sports Soft.

SRT Tomahawk Gr.1 VGT, the sheer speed it can create on the Mulsanne, with God-like (or Nissan-like) high speed cornering (can match the GT-R LMP1 on the Porsche curves) and its' top class fuel economy makes it my main for any LMP1 encounter at Le Sarthe.

I like all these cars! Pantera is a really fun drive, especially with the H shifter and clutch. I tend to like the Mazdas since I own a Mazda in real life :D.

The Audi can be very competitive! Did four races the other day in a Gr.3 @ Laggiore (Race B) combo, and got three wins and one 3rd place finish Not too shabby :).

My suggestion would be the Subaru VGT car. I recently started a lap chart on Nordschleife, and use the Kudos random car picker to select a car to lap. The Subaru was my last one, and it surprised me how fun it was to drive. Sadly, no cockpit view, but it's got loads of grip and good speed, plus 4WD and it's default tires are Sports Soft.

I'm doing the same random car picking but taking them round Le Mans for top speed tests instead. Last random car was the A45 AMG... eeeeyyyyuuuuuccckkk :lol:
Up next - Audi Vision GT Gr1 - much more like it!

So far, the car I've been most surprised by is the Toyota S FR Racing Concept. When it was initially confirmed for GTS, I just cast it off as a silly concept car that I'd never use. But after driving it in one of the license tests, I was blown away by how much fun it is. It reminds me of the fun I had in the Ruf 3400S from older GT games (Porsche Boxter S).

S-FR for me too. Fun car.

s-fr_racing_01.jpg

Love that. Pleasantly surprised is normally my reaction to sponge cakes not kick ass cars.

I would have the say the Evo IV. I could actually feel the active yaw control working, which I dont think I have notice in any other GT evo.

Love that. Pleasantly surprised is normally my reaction to sponge cakes not kick ass cars.

I would have the say the Evo IV. I could actually feel the active yaw control working, which I dont think I have notice in any other GT evo.
I don't think I have the Evo IV yet, I'll need to try it out. Also, bus wanker :lol::lol::lol:

Latest Posts

Back