What car has left you pleasantly surprised?

• Thread starter DC2_Evan
  • 85 comments
I've got to go on about the little S-FR '15. Doing 6-lap One Make Custom Races, are such a joy is this thing. Just slap in a couple stickers, change the wheels, TCS 0, Display "Off"and just drive.

I was gifted the Lexus RC-F Group 2 car pretty much the same day the Super GT update came in.

I used it to campaign the three races which are admittedly not quite super professional but not quite intermediate either.

I have no real allegiance to Lexus but you go to war with the guns you have. The car cleared those events fine.

I also took it on various events including Le mans. I have no wish to buy the Honda or Nissan and at $800k each why bother if this one does just as well.

This car does it all. Its racked up the miles now, I think into the 1,000s and you kind of grow attached to the cars that do you good.

Even with me at the wheel this thing does 3'30" around Le Mans so its damn into LMP2 class.

I even like the way it looks now although the grille will always be challenging.

Might I also add the Mercedes-AMG GT S?

That car is arguably the best FR N class road car. I love transaxle layout FR cars, especially when the rear is heavier.

To me the standard N-class Hyundai Genesis was one of the biggest surprises. I suggested it in the weekly against the Audi TT and was surprised not more people liked it.

I guess the car shows its beauty when you drive with a wheel, not so much with a DS4. It is a real handling car like a BMW with its magnificent RWD handling. Drifting is a please. Maybe there are better cars for drifting but it was the surprise that caught me.

Take my hat off for this car !

tKEwDgSb.jpeg

I was really surprised by the Subaru VIZIV Vision Gran Turismo.
I like the handling and how it beahves around my favorite test track tsukuba.
I usually do not like the Vision GTs that much but this one was clearly an exception.

I really like the Toyota GT86 GT4. It's a great car to drive and it sounds terrific too. GT4 cars are very enjoyable as you really have to push them to extract the full potential.
Another gem. That sound is awesome. It's funny to me, how I like looking at the steering wheel. Another thing I like, are its tyre widths. The 86 has a perfect stance, with just about any wheel. Looks tough.

Well I’m very biased towards certain makes/models.

I ran my tuned GR3 Vantage around the Green Hell last night and it had me seriously smiling.

I love...
GR2: all of them.
GR3: RSR, RS01, RCF, Vantage, FT-1.
GR4: Cayman, 458, Huracan.
I’m sure I’m missing more, these are what I’ve been driving recently.

And I’m guilty of often running the same 3-4 tracks.

Nurburg anything has consumed most of my laps this year.

The Gr3 and Gr4 Jaguars. I swear the gr3 version is capable of top 10s on some tracks like blue moon infield A, it’s a beast but relatively easy to use. I’m surpised I don’t see very many people use it.

The Gr3 and Gr4 Jaguars. I swear the gr3 version is capable of top 10s on some tracks like blue moon infield A, it’s a beast but relatively easy to use. I’m surpised I don’t see very many people use it.
Well there is @OutlawQuadrnt driving for Jaguar in the Americas region Manufacturer Series, which is your region.

Although @Tidgney said that it's a boring car to drive in his own words...

I really enjoy the new Gr.3 Ford GT40. It seems to be pretty fast in a straight line, even with BOP on

it was fun eh. it feels a bit weird but fun, you need to hit the gas before you get to the apex :)
Yeah, it took a couple laps to get use to. Handling is a little strange, but I'm not sure if thats the car, or the new tire model. Maybe both :lol:

DB11 on sports softs is a proper fun car. Totally did not expect it. I enjoy the changed dynamics of the enzo too. In GT5 it was the king of understeer along with the veyron but they both drive really well!

Back