What Car Should I Use For British Light Weight Car Race?

• Thread starter jdkay20
  • 51 comments
FYI, for the Lightweight cup in beginner hall its prereq is length of car, beat, cappachino or g4 should work

for the British Lightweight, I went with the Lotus Elise 111R, it had quite a bit of trouble until I got the HP up quite a bit. Handles like a charm, but didn't seem to have the 50-100 mph acceleration as the g4.

Louros
an otherwise stock TVR Griffith 500 with the first stage of weight reduction will have no problem in this series

That's what I used as well and it works great for this race (plus you can use it for TVR's "Blackpool Racers" event). I was looking through my garage (and had it sorted by weight) and noticed that the Griffith was just barely too heavy, so I got to wondering if it would let me in if I weight reduced it and voila...Stage 1 weight reduction = 996kg and it's in. :)

Swillie
I must say that the Ginetta G4 did not handle well for me either. It is fast enough, but I really had to brake early to keep the understeer under control. Could I have over-modded the thing?? I have not changed the TCS settings, they are at whatever default is set, maybe I should shut it off??

Definitely. Its a squirrelly car with any modifications. I found that only tweaking the engine just a bit would turn it into a very FUN tossable ride.

I usually save European Hall for much later, so I have the 50% prize car '88 Jaguar XJR-9 Race Car.
It is completely silly overkill, but makes for quick work.

My second choice would be the Motorsport Elise.

Um.. isn't that a bit contradictory? If the car sucks, then it wouldn't have won.. at least, that's what common sense tells me.. And if it wins, that would mean it doesn't suck.

Or are you just one of those types that hates all cars under 600hp/200mph?

Hmm.... Like Tanner Foust? And i think what he means by it "sucks" is the handling...:sly::cheers:

If you want to bludgeon the series use a TVR Griffith 500 with Stage 1 weight reduction. If you want to have fun use the Lotus Elan.

The G4 has made me a few million $$$s after I put about $50k into it. It is light, handle incredibly and has an awesome power:weight. Use it in the 1000 races in BSpec and it will make you lots of $$$s.
I have done the same thing but will it work for the 1000? I have not tried it yet.

I also used the Ginetta G4. Man, it IS awful... But I tuned it a bit, messed around with the camber, gear ratios, etc., and it simply breezed past the World Compact Car Cup in the Professional League (retired for the last race, because I'm not a fan of Twin Ring Motegi).

I then used the Lotus Elan, just because I wanted a few Cr. to soup it up (and I was too lazy to put Bob doing the Deutsche Touring Car Meisterschaft), and, God, comparing it to the G4 is the same thing as comparing a piece of chocolate cake with um... "faeces". Just to clarify things.

I used the ginneta with b spec and it did just fine I didn't have to mess with the handling at all but I think its because bob has way too much expirience.

The Caterham can't be used in any races at all. That would include the Lightweight Cup.

Back