What car should I use my Gold Chrome chip on?

Messages
448
Canada
Halifax
Messages
cybernasa
I just got the gold chrome color. Should i paint my pagani or what, cant decide :S Help?
 
what ever floats your boat :-) or you can just trade it and get a few cars instead
 
Don't waste it. Paint something stupid that makes you giggle. I painted a Dodge Viper. It was a mistake. It looks no good and I frown when I see it.

Then I painted a Toyota 800 thingy from the 60's. Put a big wing on the back etc. It looks stupid. But every time I see it I smile. I call it a 'George Jetson car'
 
Lamborghini Miura! I gave mine gold chrome wheels too.
 
Please not the Zonda!!!

The Ferrari 599 GTB, in both gold and silver.

gold_ferrari2.jpg

2747067689_c17eb46d23.jpg




Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR
all Lamborghinis...
 
458 Italia '09 in Blu Abu Dhabi looks really good with gold rims :)
 
A '69 Camaro is a good choice; the prettiest muscle car in my opinion. I also enchromenated an Amuse S2000 which has a clashing orange interior, to really hurt your eyes.
 
I just got the gold chrome color. Should i paint my pagani or what, cant decide :S Help?

I actually had a play around with the gold chrome on multiple cars, and I undid it on all of them but one, the Maserati GranTurismo S '08. I actually like it on that one, don't ask me why.
 
That Jaguar XFR '10 the standard one looks pretty sexy in gold will get a pic up later
 
the Nissan GT-R Spec V GT academy version actually looks rather good, but dupe it and mess around with it, we shouldn't have to wait forever to get a rare paint and then get to use it once, and if we don't like it its gone. but here's a pic. sorry i went on a little ramble
Siena%20-%20Piazza%20del%20Campo_2.jpg
 
Gold Fiat 500 or Mini!
 
Ive Painted in Gold
- Audi R8
- DB9 - (This one looks the best)
- Ferrari Enzo
- Nissan GT-R
- Lambo Super Volece
 
Please not the Zonda!!!

The Ferrari 599 GTB, in both gold and silver.

gold_ferrari2.jpg

2747067689_c17eb46d23.jpg




Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR
all Lamborghinis...

EXACTLY what I was going to suggest. There are real ones in Silver Chrome and it looks sharp!!!
 
Very few cars look good in gold.
In my opinion, that Maserati unfortunately does not...

The Mercedes SLS, actually, looks really nice in gold

lucernechapelbridge1.jpg


(Even this guy thinks so, and he looks like he knows a thing or two about cars.)

If you're stuck, here's my recommendations:
a) Don't paint the car in gold, paint the rims instead.
b) Find the car you think would look the most ridiculous in gold, have some fun and go fir it!
c) Don't use it, and trade it instead for either a car you want or some Color Shift paint.

Peace...
 
Last edited:
A Lexus LFA would look splendid :sly:
Just look at all those smooth lines that are just begging to be gilded
 
List of best looking gold chrome cars:

•
 
I suggest you use your gold chip on a car that you never drive anymore. Or... one that you don't drive online. Maybe a cart? It's very small and you won't really be able to see how pathetic it looks if you paint it in any chrome like other full sized cars.
 
Bugatti Veyron, that is all....
 
My favorite is always American monsters like:

2jed5ic.jpg


14y4brs.jpg
 
Dodge Viper looks pretty good in gold chrome imo


Also, a big hi from a new user to gtplanet.:)
 
Ahrweiler-Street.jpg


I was happy with my choice in the Jag, unfortunately I can't paint the wheels.
 
HONDAndy
I was happy with my choice in the Jag, unfortunately I can't paint the wheels.

That's actually not bad. Kudos
 
Agree with the best car to paint is the worst car suggestions!

EifelCircuit2.jpg
AutumnRingMini_1.jpg
 
Last edited:
Actually seeing that Jag (which looks sweet, except for the wheels) has prompted a question.

I've been considering painting the Mercedes 300 SL in gold.
(Yes, I already have a gold Mercedes SLS, so maybe it's some crazy unconscious choice to give the gold "bling" treatment to that particular luxury auto brand?)

I don't think you can change the wheels on it, and they're color-coded to the car. What will happen if I re-paint the car? Will it also match up the stock wheels? (It would just look really, really, really, really, really, really bad to have to car's body in gold, and the wheels remain with the powder blue color that I bought on the car...)

If anybody has pics to answer this question (and it doesn't have to be repainted in gold for proof of concept), that would be awesome...

Thanks!

Peace...
 
I used mine on my R8. It looks OK. I smile about it sometimes when I think how goofy/pimp it is.

2 suggestions:

1. Use it on a premium car (new car dealer stuff), so you can easily buy another one if you want a normal looking version again without losing any evidence you ever had the paint.

2. It seems to work best on cars with lots of black. (Blades behind the R8 doors, GT-R black mask, possibly a RM with lots of unpainted black parts). I also slapped a naked carbon hood on mine.
 
I've only used 2 Gold Chrome paintchips so far on both RM versions of the Corvette (the "regular" one and the ZR-1), only the front is gold-coloured on both with respectively silver and white rear-ends.
Think it looks quite good on these American racecars since the gold is only partly applied (a full gold chrome car is a bit too much for me) and they were actually already partly gold-painted by me (using the chip from the classic 'Vette) before Gold Chrome became available.
Can't really think of another car, or wheels, I'd like to see in this colour though.
 
Back