What cars do you think handle the best?

Philippines
where every politician is corrupt
tlc_o918
me making a thread about bad handling cars= me going to make a thread about good handling cars

my list (cars that I own)

- Camaro ZL1 1LE
- Porsche 911 GT3RS (991)-
- Nissan Skyline R32-R34
- Ferrari 458 Italia
- 2006 Ford GT

Megane trophy gr4
4c gr4
Nsx gr4
Rs01 gr3
R8 Gr3
Xanavi GTR gr2
Raybrig NSX gr2
908 Gr1
SuperFormula Honda
MX5 touring N200
S2000 N200
RX7 Fd N300
RX500 N300
KTM N300
S-fr racing concept N400
996 N400
Amemiya Rx7 N400
991 RS N500
GT By citroën N500
Amuse S2000 N600

Here's a list I came up with:

1. All water-cooled 911s (996, 997, and 991) - those three spawned the most successful racing 911s ever, and in GT Sport, they prove it with gusto.

2. Ferrari LaFerrari - controversial, I know. But tame the wheelspin, and it's actually a track toy.

3. Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo - same as #2, plus, tune it properly and it can send 911s crying back to their mommies.

4. Ferrari F40 - feels raw, that's for sure. But it corners better than MOST MRs, even with BoP.

5. Aston Martin One-77 - surprisingly good traction for an FR. It's rear heavy weight distribution helps a lot. Benefits greatly from BoP.

6. Aston Martin DB11 - same as No. 5, but with somehow less traction.

7. Mercedes-AMG GTS - another rear heavy FR that has good turn-in.

8. All Homologation Special N Class cars (Gr.B and Gr.3 road cars)

9. Ferrari 458 Italia - a well-balanced MR, though suffers on BoP and slower than an F40 in that aspect.

10. Pagani Huayra - easy to drive and master.

11. Ford GT '17 - same as #10

In general, getting to know every drivetrain's pros and cons will make you get the most from any car.

Last edited:

1. All water-cooled 911s (996, 997, and 991) - those three spawned the most successful racing 911s ever, and in GT Sport, they prove it with gusto.

2. Ferrari LaFerrari - controversial, I know. But tame the wheelspin, and it's actually a track toy.

3. Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo - same as #2, plus, tune it properly and it can send 911s crying back to their mommies.

4. Ferrari F40 - feels raw, that's for sure. But it corners better than MOST MRs, even with BoP.

5. Aston Martin One-77 - surprisingly good traction for an FR. It's rear heavy weight distribution helps a lot. Benefits greatly from BoP.

9. Ferrari 458 Italia - a well-balanced MR, though suffers on BoP and slower than an F40 in that aspect.

In general, getting to know every drivetrain's pros and cons will make you get the most from any car.
Hmmm, lots of cars you mentioned are rather understeery/heavy in corners. What tyres do you use?

Hmmm, lots of cars you mentioned are rather understeery/heavy in corners. What tyres do you use?

Sports Hard when I drive them for the first time. Then Sports Soft when tuned.

Of course, I don't compare N Class cars to Gr. 3 when it comes to handling. If you drive them long enough, they'll surprise you.

My go-to cars are;

180SX
S13 Silvia
Focus
Raptor
996 GT3
2005 GT
1983 Golf
F50
356A
Vantage Gr.4

Last edited:
For me, it has to be the Corvette/Lexus Gr.3 cars. The Motul Autech handles really well too, but one of my favouites has to be a maxed out Zonda on RSS without TC. It is so satisfying to drive.

I think one car really stands for me. I do get that a 'good' race car is different to a 'good' street car.

I've only driven the Gr2 2008 NSX a few times but its such a great race car. I'd say I probably enjoy it more than the 2016 Lexus RC-F which is what I normally use.

But one of the best road cars is the McLaren F1. This should be no surprise. I usually run it at N500. I've run it a few times on the wrong tyres (SS vs. RH) and its still puts in a good effort. I can't say much bad about it. The motor has incredible legs at 500 or 600. I'm not sure if it goes to 700 but there's not much races at 700 anyway. The handling does not feel like its 100% planted. If you look at replays it does bounce a bit and it has that unsettled feel that a 1990s 'no digital no computers' car has.

The only slightly bad thing is the brakes arent super 2020 supercar spec but they're still better than I would need.

You do not need to reduce weight. It weighs nothing anyway.

Gr 3 - Lexus and Mustang are the cars that I go to for safe & predictable handling.

Gr 4 - Boring as it sounds the Audi TT

The Renault Sport R.S 01 GR. 3 is a fantastic handling car. It doesn't feel too heavy or anything and it just glides through corners with such finesse. You can really push this thing round the Nordschliefe and it will still take care of you lol I've been doing lap after lap there lately with the R.S 01 after some time away from GT Sport and this car reminds me why I have really enjoyed the game.

The Renault Sport R.S 01 GR. 3 is a fantastic handling car. It doesn't feel too heavy or anything and it just glides through corners with such finesse. You can really push this thing round the Nordschliefe and it will still take care of you lol I've been doing lap after lap there lately with the R.S 01 after some time away from GT Sport and this car reminds me why I have really enjoyed the game.
Agreed, this thing drives the best

Last edited:
By category:

Gr. X (VGT) - Fittipaldi EF7
Gr. X (Formula) - SF19 Super Formula
Gr. X (Other) - Pagani Zonda R
Gr. 1 - Audi R18 TDI or Peugeot 908 HDi FAP (Edit: Porsche 962 all the way)
Gr. 2 - Lexus au Tom's RC F (so far)
Gr. 3 - Mercedes SLS AMG GT3
Gr. 4 - Renault Mégane Trophy
N(High) - Aston Martin One-77
N(Mid) - Mercedes GT S
N(Low) - Abarth 500 F

I kid you, not.

Last edited:

can you share your f40 tune?

can you share your f40 tune?

This works for me. Well, you can dial down the negative camber if you want.

PS_Messages_20201111_131223.jpg
PS_Messages_20201111_131229.jpg

Tuned to run on Sports Soft tires, and for all BoP setups.

(besides, running an N Class car on Racing Super Softs feels funny and a bit cartoonish)

Any Ferrari 458 in the game.

The road car is a joy in the game. Such sharp steering and the rear is so controllable. You could powerslide it for hours around Tokyo Driving Park and never get bored.

The Gr.4 car is sublime. Probably one of the best-handling mid-engine Group 4 cars. Not too much to comment on here though because most Group 4 cars feel the same.

The Gr.3 is an absolute mess that I love. The car can fishtail and slide the rear out under braking but I love the fact that the rear is so alive, it really fits my driving style. Brake late, rotate the car using the brakes, feather the throttle through the corner and ride the oversteer out. I've won plenty of races with the 458 GT3 and love every minute of driving it.

Aside from that, the 911 RSR is absolutely sublime. I also really enjoy driving the Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Track and Porsche 996 GT3.

Last edited:
Gr. X (VGT) - Fittipaldi EF7
I kid you, not.

The Fittipaldi blew me away with how solid the handling was, especially for a VGT. A lot of VGT's have some quirky steering feel or are just too fast to drive, but this one nails it for steering feel, consistency and speed. It's a shame there aren't more events where it can be used.

The Audi VGT is quite nice to drive as well (GrX not Gr1), it seems to find a balance between having instant electric torque and not just understeering off the track any time you hit the accelerator. This would be my recommendation for anyone struggling with the Vision Gran Turismo Trophy in Professional League races (assuming you haven't annihilated everyone with a Tomahawk).

On the other end of the scale is the Infinity VGT. This thing is absolutely useless in every capacity. Not only does it lack any significant power, it weighs more than a boat, and doesn't compensate with suspension set up either. I've found that the car consistently understeers on corner entry, before snap oversteering mid corner. I think I'd have to rate it as the worst handling VGT purely because it has no redeeming characteristics. Kind of shocks me that given no restrictions, this was the best Infiniti could come up with.

Last edited:
The McLaren F1 is one great handling car with RSS tires on it, just got mine and I can't stop driving it
( I kept it stock )

The McLaren F1 is one great handling car with RSS tires on it, just got mine and I can't stop driving it
( I kept it stock )

Try driving it on SH or SS. More enjoyable.

Again, RSS tires takes away the feel and makes the car cartoonish or arcadey... and also, you'll never be able to find out the car's limits on RSS.

Don't force N Class cars to act like F1 or arcade-style sharp handling.

I can't drive with SH tires, it struggles to get traction with SH tires

Then what do you think of those car reviewers who test supercars on the track? You think the cars are equipped with racing slicks? You think those Nurburgring lap times they set are also done by the same type of tire?

I'm afraid not. They are all equipped with the road tires chosen by the manufacturer, and by your logic, ALL ROAD cars must handle bad, then.

Last edited:
well not really, some cars handle great without racing slicks on them, plus this is a game, why are bitching about someone who loves racing slicks?

Woah... calling me out like that?

I'm trying to help you out in improving your skill. Because Sport Mode races won't allow the usage of RSS tires in any car.

If you can't accept constructive criticism, then fine. Good luck.

Back