What cars/tracks will you focus you attention on most in Time Trial

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dessy182
  • 118 comments
  • 8,613 views
Delta S4 on every track.

And tuned cars one Tsukuba and Nurburgring.
 
For me it's going to be the Honda NSX-R on:
Tsukuba
Trial Mountain
Suzuka
If there is going to be a N1 version of the ae86 in the game then i'm gonna be running that on Tsukuba.
A month to go before the racing begins :D
 
I'm gonna be on Tsukuba, Suzuka, Fuji, and Motegi if its in the game. I'm prolly gonna drive the NSX and the S2000 most of the time.
 
Acura Integra and the NSX around the Nurburgring, and the GTR as well! :)
 
I hope the Mitsu FTO will be included in the final release, love the car... actually own one :)
 
Everyone seems to mention unconfirmed tracks.
:boggled:

Top Gear Test Track
Trial Mountain
Nurburgring
Le Mans
Suzuka
Eiger Nordwand
Laguna Seca

... to name just a few tracks mentioned, all confirmed and known to be in the game.

Personally, as I'm from the UK I'll be making TGTT my home for hot-laps, as I suspect a lot of people will be due to the press that show gets. I don't do much of that though, as I prefer to just work through a career and collect the cars.
 
:boggled:

Top Gear Test Track
Trial Mountain
Nurburgring
Le Mans
Suzuka
Eiger Nordwand
Laguna Seca

... to name just a few tracks mentioned, all confirmed and known to be in the game.

I didn't refer to those but Spa, Midfield, Grand Valley, Infineon, Deep Forest etc. Ok not everyone but some mention them like they are going to be in the game for sure. :boggled:
 
Hoping for a classic Maserati or two . . .
 
95% of my time will be spent at the Nurburgring in a stock s2000. I have fantasized about driving the Nurburgring in an s2000 ever since I bought one IRL.

The other 5% will be in an NSX.
 
I think I'm the odd one. I plan on spending a lot of my time in the Caterham Super 7. I'm just hoping I can use it for more than just a toy like on GT4.
 
Nurburgring 24 Hr, the Nordschleife, and the Top Gear Test Track with whatever happens to be garaged--though I'll lean heavily on Honda-badged rides. I'll even give myself a little intro before doling out a TGTT Power Lap and commentary throughout the lap.

Some say he's not as fast as he thinks he is, and that if he ever met Jessica Lopez in real life, he'd soil himself... all we know is, he's Sum1s2pid!
 
N24 track, in a stock BMW E46 M3, at least thats the plan until the car and track list i shown off.

GT5 will (hopefully) have more than one generation of M3.. if my dream came true and there was an E30, E36, E46 and E92 M3 in the game... it would be all 4 of those... on the N24 track... :D :D :D :D
 
Nurburgring in an M46 CSL or any other BMW M series
 
Fuji Speedway, Nurburgring, SSR5/11, Rome, all in an Abarth 500 Esseesse. That will be bliss. No lie.
 
For TT, I will probably go for the most technical courses. Motegi, Tsukuba, SSR11 etc... Not because they're fun, but to improve.
 
I`ll focus on the top gear track and spa if it is included in GT5. The ring is a brilliant track but for me it`s just too long for dedicated time trials,especially if it`s the full north/south track,the smallest mistake and all that time you`ve invested goes down the drain!
 
Top Gear track in a Liana if its in - would make sense.
 
Nurburgring in an Imprezza

Actually add Trial Mountain too.

Well, these tracks are the ones I will try to as hardcore as possible.

I will still do Time Trials on all the tracks but, Trial Mountain and Nürburgring 24H config. will be my special tracks.
 
Not sure what cars I'll be using. I pretty much only raced Lotuses (Loti?) in GT4, so I'l try to change that. Maybe the other end of the spectrum - muscle cars with tons of body roll? haha

I'll most likely be using the Top Gear Test Track as my benchmark. Can't forget classics like Trial Mountain or Apricot Hill though.
 
One of the best TT track in GT4 for me is Apricot Hill. It's easy enough to guarantee a consistent lap throughout but still containing all the great elements of a classic track.

apricothillraceway6ih.jpg


The next one is Motorland. It's short which is good if what you're intending to do is compare multiple cars. It's challenging enough and if it's in GT5, the combination of this track, the new physics and FFB would simply be amazing.

Motorland.jpg


Of course there's the Nordschleife. Throw me whole bunch of production cars in stock tires (N1-N3, maybe S1) and I can spend the rest of my life going through all 1000 cars in GT5 on this track.

Of course none of this is good without some real life comparison: http://www.fastestlaps.com/raceways.html
Just remember to put the appropriate tires when comparing. Meaning no S2 to R3 if you want some semblance to reality. I'm sure just like GT5P, PD will release a car/tire list to help the cause.
 
Ill take any natural/city track in GT5 for 500 stew. :lol:
 
You do realize your timing on the second lap and after, especially for the top gear test track will be heavily undervalued as you're passing the start/finish line after Gambon at over 70 MPH in a Suzuki Liana/Kia C'eed (and maybe 50 MPH in a rolling start prior to start of 1st lap) whereas the Stars in a Reasonably Priced Car start from naught.

So everyone will beat Jay Kay, take that you black Enzo Electric Mistress Lover.

And for me? The Nordschleife, naturally, in a 2011 STI sedan 100% stock. See how good Tommi Makinen really is.
 
Hmmmm... I'll probably be trying to perfect my 300zx twin turbo lap times on city courses and possibly mountain ones. ATM, I won't be able to get my times anywhere near the 1000s in green hell. OH! It also depends how quickly I get used to the new physics engine.
 
I'm actually really liking the look of Madrid. Especially for faster cars. Chamonix also xD
 
I'm probably going to end up racing the Group C's and prototypes around Le Mans mostly. I've also always enjoyed Twin Ring Motegi's full layout as a test bed so I'm sure I'll spend time on that if it's included.
 
Tracks: Spa & Nurburgring
Cars: Aston Martin V12 Vantage, Lamborghini Murcielago Lp640

and for the sake of ownership, the Infiniti M35x. I would be thoroughly disappointed if it didn't make the cut.

As much as I want it in man, I'm pretty sure the Vantage won't be in. Something to do with licensing restricting any new AM being in the game. :indiff: I think it will just be the '99 Vantage. Or whatever year that was.

As for the time-trials, I'm looking forward to Deep Forest (if it's in) and the 'Ring.
 
I'm already head over heels in love with the Jag XJ13, so I guess that's the car whose neck I'll be wringing the most. I much prefer the GT original circuits so I guess Midfield, Grand Valley and Autumn Ring will be my proving grounds. As for the real circuits, I want to rank on the Daytona 24H course. Everyone will probably focus on Ferraris, Lambos and GT-R's on Nurburgring, Monza and Suzuka.
 
I'm definitely looking forward to driving the Zonda R and the Lexus LFA around La Sarthe. Might take me a while to get them, but once I do, I can see myself spending much time on that.

I would also like to try some of the older Muscle cars in the city tracks. Maybe the Dodge Challenger on Madrid or if it's back, Opera Paris.
 
I'm definitely looking forward to driving the Zonda R and the Lexus LFA around La Sarthe. Might take me a while to get them, but once I do, I can see myself spending much time on that.

I would also like to try some of the older Muscle cars in the city tracks. Maybe the Dodge Challenger on Madrid or if it's back, Opera Paris.

Is the LFA actually in gt5?!
 
Back