What concept by Polyphony Digital would you like to see in GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vince_Fiero
  • 106 comments
  • 24,085 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince_Fiero

Off the track driver
Premium
Messages
2,529
Belgium
G-D Luxembourg
Messages
GTP_Vince_Fiero
Seeing the Citroen GT Concept today, I was wondering what could go a step further.

So I thought, maybe Polyphony is working already on a new concept for GT5?đź’ˇ

I did not see any news on this, but thought we could inspire :dopey: them for a special car as a bonus a bit after the launch of GT5 as a marketing stunt.

====================================

My wish and quite a stretch :grumpy: with the available news:

Porsche Concept by Polyphony Digital.
Building on the Porsche 959
800px-Porsche_959_silver_at_Auto_Salon_Singen.jpg

and Carrera GT
800px-Porsche_Carrera_GT_-_Goodwood_Breakfast_Club_%28July_2008%29.jpg

, creating a concept of an extreme racer that introduces Porsche in the series.

P.S.: Mods I looked in the search and did think this was a different from what I found till now :). Opinions can be different though.

Edit 4 March 2010: With the "Porsche 918 Spyder" with GTPSP menu and Forza 3 Track, this might be superficial now.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=126009
 
Last edited:
It has already been confirmed that Porsche are not in the game.

Going by how long the game is taking, I'd say they are doing everything but working on the game, so a new concept is possible.
 
As a concept to be worked on after GT5 is released I think a new Ford GT would be a good platform. The current Ford GT is one of KY's favourite cars and Ford don't have a flagship model to promote their brand.
 
Last edited:
As a concept to be worked on after GT5 is released I think a new Ford GT would be a good platform. The current Ford GT is one of KY's favourite cars and Ford don't have a flagship model to promote their brand.

You have just become my new hero!
 
I don't need PD-concepts. I'd prefer more original car models instead.
 
You have just become my new hero!

From this day forth I will be know as SuperNeal ;)


I'm thinking a new Ford GT to rival the likes of the, as yet to be released, Ferrari F70 (Enzo replacement) and new Pagani (Zonda replacement)

I'd get the crayons out and have a go myself but it would no doubt look like a 7 year olds attempt!
 
On the downside they'd have to pull out something pretty special to top the LM-spec from prologue. That was about the most exciting car in the game for me, real seat of the pants stuff. Driving it felt like juggling a bunch of angry tigers at 180mph!
 
The LM was a bit of a handful to begin with but a proper weapon once you get the hang of it...and bare carbon weave is very cool if a little tacky.
I'm sure a new GT concept would be even better as long as they put a stupidly big V8 in it and not turn it into an EV
 
I think the best concept PD can concentrate on at the moment is the concept of hurrying up and getting the game out, type of concept.

Sorry.
 
I'd like to see the old Dodge Copperhead Concept car LM Edition from GT2 make a return.
 
The LM was a bit of a handful to begin with but a proper weapon once you get the hang of it...

Yeah that's what I meant. Angry tiger juggling is only scary until you get the hang of it then it's simply an awesome way to impress chicks. :cool:
 
I have a good concept for them to work on - THE GAME!
 
Thank you for this input:

Crispy74 Dodge Copperhead Concept car LM Edition
evilneal new Ford GT
snowgt I'd prefer more original car models instead.

This is what I expected.

I actually already wanted a step beyond on the Alfa Romeo 8C Competitione, go to a real Alfa Romeo concept supercar.

Original car models, like the Aston Martin One-77 are perfect too, why do more with Aston Martin when they already make a unreal thing like that?

And yes we all want them to finish GT5 quickly, stop whining about it.
 
I think the whole point of the collaboration between Polyphony an Citroen to create the GT was that Citroen didn't have an exciting high performance car in their current line-up( not since the Citroen SM anyway ) to wow the GT-fans and create a clever PR-stunt to promote Citroen to millions of gamers.

So my guess is that to predict, or wish, for another GT-concept is to start with another brand whose line-up doesn't include a halo-product instead of Ford GT's and Ferrari/ Lambo which don't need any persuasion.

So perhaps a twin engined Ferrari-powered Lancia, a mid-engined single seat diesel/hybrid Seat or the jet-powered soccer-mom express from hell by Volvo, etc.

Or perhaps something more realistic....
 
Base it on a Prodrive P2
 
I think the whole point of the collaboration between Polyphony an Citroen to create the GT was that Citroen didn't have an exciting high performance car in their current line-up( not since the Citroen SM anyway ) to wow the GT-fans and create a clever PR-stunt to promote Citroen to millions of gamers.

So my guess is that to predict, or wish, for another GT-concept is to start with another brand whose line-up doesn't include a halo-product instead of Ford GT's and Ferrari/ Lambo which don't need any persuasion.

That's the reasoning behind my suggestion as the last Ford GT rolled off the production line in 2006 so they don't really have a current flagship.



;)
 
That's the reasoning behind my suggestion as the last Ford GT rolled off the production line in 2006 so they don't really have a current flagship.



;)

Well they still have the Mustang in all kind of variations, okay granted it isn't quite the supercar the GT ( which i never liked, being a pastiche of the great original GT40 instead of a clever modern interpretation ) was but still a performance car, at least in Shelby or Roush guise.
 
GT-Concept Peel P50! Or lamborghini race car, both would work for me!
 
I would love to see a Mercedes Concept by PD...

PD always makes CRAZY looking concepts, I would love for them to make a 4 door sports car saloon. E-Class.



Another concept, how about PD takes top 10 Classic cars and they tune and fix them up for their standards?
 
a Mercedes Concept by PD

I have trouble seeing a point in this personally, running the SLS demo quite a bit and seeing a car like the SLR MacLaren Stirling Moss:
2009_MercedesBenz_SLRMcLarenStirlingMoss2.jpg


I do not think we need to push the style of Mercedes further.
More interesting for me to include the above and maybe the below:

Mercedes-Benz CLR:
CLRflip2.jpg


Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR:
Mercedes_CLK_GTR_Crop.jpg


Mercedes makes some cars that I think are pretty bad (Personally I still do not like A/B and CLS, some of the the old S and SEC models), but they do make some great models too (SLS, Current S and CL).
 
CLS is wonderful.

But I suggest releasing game as soon as possible and no Polyphony tuned cars, please. Those ones GT5:P are unbelievably arcadish in their behaviour and sound worse than anything other in the game.
 
The IndyCycle should be in every driving sim! :D

 
Anything from Lancia or Maserati will be great. I personally would like a GT concept of the 512BB.
 
leftfront2.th.jpg


A 3 wheel concept seems an original idea.:)

I found: The Vigillante 3 wheeler produced from 1999 has a top speed in excess of 200mph and can sprint from 0 - 60 mph in 3 seconds. When cornering and braking it faces forces of up to 1g. It is said to out corner a Mclaren F1.

vigillante-trivette.jpg


Very promising idea.
 
Ford GT90!

That would then make a Gran Turismo concept Ford GT2012 based on the GT90 of 1995.

Off Topic: I understood the GT90 was to be sold at an auction a month ago, but I never found the result of the sale. Did anybody see this?
 
EDIT: I'd like to see something as bonkers as this "Amazing New Indycar" courtesy of here

car_photo_355699_25.jpg


car_photo_355702_25.jpg
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back