What did you do in FM23 today?

• Thread starter DextroCat
  • 505 comments
Just a little session today put a few levels on the Evo X to put a widebody and oversized wing on the back, it shifts fast with no race transmission, might do a rwd conversion and see if it's any good in A or B class, certainly looks the part.

The stock settings are way too stiff on race-suspensions, needs to be softened way down to actually fit the car. And while on this topic; if a car kind of "overreacts" when it`s hitting the curbs it`s because of this. Stiff springs and it acts like a ball. Softer settings and it will absorb the curbs and bumps like it was ment to.

Generally. if you`re not a skilled tuner but just upgrading by adding parts, go for sports-suspension. Racesuspension are ment to be tuned.

Most pre-tuned racecars has the same problem in FM23, the springs & swaybars are crazy stiff while the bumpers are rather weak.
Yeah I'm going to go back into it and change the suspension back.

I see there is a tuning calculator https://forzatune.com/ Has anyone tried it?

Tested it at Barcelona and realised the front rollbar was too stiff, = a Mk2 version uploaded. It spins the rears so easy that I have to keep it in 3rd gear around the hairpins to calm it down
Your Mk1 tune was good enough to win Road America, by beating someone named Subtle Villainy (really?) at the last corner.

Calculators makes up tunes even worse than turn10 does, not the solution :indiff:

Makes me wonder if I should start a (basic) tuning thread. Only basic bcs tuning needs to be learned, calculations will never be
precise enough to give THAT good feeling in a car.
Your Mk1 tune was good enough to win Road America, by beating someone named Subtle Villainy (really?) at the last corner.
He-he, glad to help! A bit stiff turn-in on the Mk1 but still fast enough. The old racer started eating corners just by softening the front
rollbar a few steps. I`ve struggled a while to make this old brick take corners.

Done B Series and Reward Showcase tours.
For the B Class, I bought and used Lotus Espirit '02 - must say, I have expected more enjoyable drive...

26a2c29a-a6f5-4cf8-9cf6-04dc12afea90_copy_1920x1080.png

Brabham BT8 on controller is real pain, it wants to fly out of track...

b8c38589-d2b7-49bc-acd9-07fea13473e4_copy_1920x1080.png

Yesterday I done C Class with Nissan GT-R, which is pleasure to drive.

1befd07d-ecc6-4b4f-97d4-cf381a0dc69f_copy_1920x1080.png

Barely survived the Unlimited Racers with the Lola. These cars are scary to drive...
I thought the Buick Regal I drove last weekend was a handful, the Lola was a whole another challenge entirely. Just insane amounts of power in an ultralight car. My steering inputs felt like a suggestion rather than a command.

An exercise in control and patience for me. Just drove a white-knuckle Nord rival lap, McLaren F1, as with the real car, no ABS, TC, or SC. Spun out once but amazingly did not go out of track limits, and completed a slow but "clean" mid 8 minute lap, from standing start. Only mod was race suspension for some alignment adjustment.

It's a car I want to love because it was the dog's ****s when I was a youngster. But it is a twitchy beast and my lord, it is geared really high. Not many cars require you to downshift to first for a low speed turn.

Last edited:

I've tried it out and it can get you pointed in the right direction but really can be hit or miss.
Makes me wonder if I should start a (basic) tuning thread. Only basic bcs tuning needs to be learned, calculations will never be
precise enough to give THAT good feeling in a car.
That's the kind of topics I'd like to see more of and would appreciate.

Last edited:
Let's see, little bit of a quiet weekend on the gaming front for me as I was too busy playing with chainsaws in the bush. With the time I did have between Sunday and this evening, managed to finish knocking off the latest open series, used the '68 Mustang for E, D, and C, it's now my fourth Ford to level 50, I loved driving that car. Then, for the B class, rather than do the intelligent thing and use it again, or perhaps the excellent Porsche 914, I decided to try tge Shelby Cobra. Even the AI isn't dumb enough to use the Shelby. Once I came to terms with the fact that it was in charge and really did want to murder me, I made it through and actually got on with it okay with some wider but still stock tires. The good news is, after that freaking monster, the Brabham was an absolute joy to drive! Even recovered from a spin at Paddock Hill and managed to sneak a win!

Also did some original IROC recing with the '74 Porsche, another one of my favourites, that one provided some great racing throughout. Next up, knocking of some of the other series and getting ready for an IMSA race at Laguna Seca.

Last edited:
Did 3 races in D class with the 240sx, I tried this same car the day before but it had too much power and not enough grip so swapped some better tires on and rebalanced the engine upgrades to fit in D class. Had a lot of fun, but 2nd race realised I left a lot of time on the table as the tune was pretty much stock after my re-balancing, and one of my opponents was lapping 4s faster per lap. Fixed this and did one final race but again felt like my balance was lacking as finished up 12th with a pack of 6 cars ahead pulling away with the closest about 5s ahead. All not lost though as the car is now level 50, so might pick a different car tonight

Did 3 races in D class with the 240sx, I tried this same car the day before but it had too much power and not enough grip so swapped some better tires on and rebalanced the engine upgrades to fit in D class. Had a lot of fun, but 2nd race realised I left a lot of time on the table as the tune was pretty much stock after my re-balancing, and one of my opponents was lapping 4s faster per lap. Fixed this and did one final race but again felt like my balance was lacking as finished up 12th with a pack of 6 cars ahead pulling away with the closest about 5s ahead. All not lost though as the car is now level 50, so might pick a different car tonight
Just started paying attention to Multiplayer recently.
I've really enjoyed the D class racing. Gonna miss the low hp cars for a while

Finally started with Retro Racers Tour, taking Rulebook Racers as first one.
I bought expensive Nissan Tomica Skyline Turbo Super Silhouette and went racing.

Race at well known Brands Hatch was the most intense one I had in game overall!
It was side to side fights, though I was careful to other cars that behave like they are on way higher difficulty... And penalties are for everything.
In the end, I finished second with few thousands of second backlog.

f3f0699e-5481-494f-9dd7-787bb19dec32_copy_1920x1080.png

9d89d988-1349-4402-a226-e9cc1b3e210b_copy_1920x1080.png

Second race at Kyalami wasn't near that hot, but I barely came to first place in last lap.
This isn't track I know from before, but I pretty much remember it already - it's user friendly can say that...

91f712a1-96fe-440e-8979-f999ab5238ce_copy_1920x1080.png

Third race at Hockenheim went well, there were some great racing, if there wasn't 2.5s penalty that devoted me from first to third place...

df6004b3-848d-4b73-a4eb-be5be3fc3a86_copy_1920x1080.png

341e588a-fa97-4d70-b872-55d430b7dde0_copy_1920x1080.png

Fourth race took part to cloudy Nurburgring GP. Did far the best practice time, but as always, started 12th. Still, opponents weren't match in this one, I know the Ring too well. They were still aggressive, to me and each other, often going out of track... Catch the leader at beginning of third lap and rest was my.

23a85fe5-c5f9-4489-bc5b-e208443e5527_copy_1920x1080.png

256d7fd8-ceaf-4ff6-b5c7-81598ef2e418_copy_1920x1080.png

I found Rulebook Racers to be the best Tour until now, offering some fantastic racing vs AI.
Gonna try to find some time to race this again, this time in Ferrari or BMW...

ca2b7fad-a099-4ba0-83db-ae0c222aaba4_copy_1920x1080.png

Started with Unlimited Racers Tour driving Lola T163.

At Mid-Ohio somehow finished first, but with rewind help, a one assist I don't like to brag.
But all other assists are off, and I'm driving from cockpit view.

3b2be51c-51a3-4083-b78a-6047cc0b98b3_copy_1920x1080.png

Maple Valley gave me enough CP to put racing tires and made them wider.
That gave me significant improvement in handling, and Valley itself has a much wider road then Mid-Ohio.
I made my setup and share it - "Lola winning st" is name of it.
It was safe win.

fb5119e6-833a-4e25-98aa-da8bc73db9b0_copy_1920x1080.png

Road America - finally track I truly know, and like very much.
Dominated at practice and race, finished first with huge gap.

f9797ae4-6682-4a3e-930c-95e199cf4d6f_copy_1920x1080.png

Last one goes same as for RA, love it!
It's Laguna Seca and this time I got enough CP to buy race brakes, nothing more I don't need...

580ff766-74de-4a67-b377-083880510611_copy_1920x1080.png

In last two races I enjoyed, that couldn't be told for first two.

Last edited:
Started with Grand Prix Racers Tour.
Picked McLaren M2B in hope that will be drivable with gamepad - it is not, or on the edge...

e133202c-2c50-4fb1-8c57-5e348842b1f2_copy_1920x1080.png

Brands Hatch GP first one, with little help of rewind I came to first place.
Isn't really track that would fit to this open wheel monster.

dd4c0976-1818-4006-bc0a-b8544aec7f82_copy_1920x1080.png

Spa-Francorchamps was second, my most loved track.
With much wider road, it is more user friendly to these cars.
Finished first without problems, although one car was all the time on my tail...

bfa9422c-0414-40df-85ed-412132cdb590_copy_1920x1080.png

Two more left...

Back