What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,866 comments
On the Plus account, as I have already at least tried every Gr.3 car (except the stealth version of the Mazda) at Sardegna, I took the Toyota FT-1 VGT for a romp. It didn't disappoint, as it took just under 26 minutes. The 4-star Wheel of Despair, on the other hand, did, as it gave the usual lowest-possible 10,000 Cr. At least it wasn't yet another 3-star/5,000 Cr. debacle, and I have enough for all the cars coming tomorrow...assuming the Chiron isn't locked behind a Bugatti invite (which I don't have on either account).

On the GTP account, I just about lapped the field with my RH-shod 2008 Honda NSX GT500 for...wait for it...wait for it...the usual lowest-possible 10,000 Cr. from the 4-star Wheel of Despair. Cash-wise, I'm well short of the next 7-figure Hagerty's car (likely the Porsche 917K), but I'm in good shape for that and the Celica rally car, which I presume will be in Hagerty's.

After midnight GMT, I went back to the Plus account to buy the 1960 Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster to bring my unique car count (including the 4 DLC pre-order/25th Anniversary/GTWS with either a unique engine model or PP) to 420 of 453.

Last edited:
On the Plus account, I bought all 4 of the 1.27 cars and took delivery of the 5th a bit early. As I had all the cars for both new Menu Books, I also got my 2 engine Wheels of Despair, which yielded another Supra RZ engine and an Enzo engine.

The European Clubman Cup at Nurburgring is about as tough as the Silvia Sisters for a pittance. After fails with the new Giulia, Ferrari F430, Porsche Carrera GT and RUF CTR3, I had to resort to the 2015 Lamborghini Aventador for a 10-second win over Gallo and his Giulia GTAm (and much more over the field) in 15:09 (on normal, as usual). I didn't even get the clean race bonus, so the 100,000 Cr./hour (150,000 Cr. if one gets the clean race bonus and can get the time down to under 15 minutes) represents one of the worst investments of time in GT7. I doubt the GT by Citroen Road Car, with which I won the other European Clubman Cup races, would do the trick.

The Hyper Car Parade at Monza was much easier, mostly because I used the Ferrari FXX K with which I blitzed the earlier Hyper Car races. Not even Lopez in his RH-shod Aston Martin Vulcan (starting from 2nd) could keep up, as the 8:43 spent there was worth a 29-second win. I even got the clean race bonus for 127,500 Cr., so the return of investment of about 850,000 Cr./hour (with the CRB) isn't too bad.

At Mount Panorama, my lightly-modified Camaro ZL1 (SS tires and Stage 1 Weight Reduction) was no match for Serrano's Corvette C8, though I passed second on lap 2. I didn't see any restrictions on tires, so I dragged out my Gr.4-killing Focus RS for a tight 1.8-second win over Serrano (and a stomping over the field) in 11:22. It wasn't clean, but it was a win. If one can get clean races (good luck with the field-fillers in the 1960s machinery that don't adjust transmissions), it's worth maybe 700,000 Cr./hour.

Speaking of bad investments, the 4-star Wheel of Despair spat out a racing crank shaft for the Toyota S-FR Racing Concept. Wheeeee!

On the GTP account, so much for catching up on the high-priced Hagerty's cars for a while. The new engines and swaps require over 15,000,000 Cr. to get enough examples to cover both normal and 'S'-part upgrades on, if applicable, both normal- and wide-bodied cars to both car and engine.

Instead, I picked up the Bugatti Chiron and Bugatti VGT (only because I needed them for the Bugatti extra menu; fortunately, I bought the Veyron when I had an invitation), the BMW M2 Competition (because I needed it for the BMW extra menu), the Celica Rally Car and the Ferrari VGT (because I got the question right). The engine Wheels of Despair gave me a 2008 GT-R GT500 engine and yet another 2019 Corvette engine. I doubt I'll ever see the Escudo engine.

I took my frustrations out on the new races with some overpowered cars. The Ferrari VGT was perfect for the European Clubman Cup at the Nurburgring...as long as I avoided the rolling obstacles and the chance for rain. I eventually got the race done in 12:48 under clean and dry conditions.

At Monza, it was a titanic stomping as I lapped the two backmarkers with the Ferrari VGT in 8:08. For some reason, the win didn't register on the race select screen, though I did get the credits.

I ran it again with a detuned Tomahawk S (originally tuned for the Sardegna grind, abandoned since the PP swelled to, as of now, 830.27 PP). It serviced the race in 9:11, but again it didn't register. A third, unclean run with the Aston Martin Vulcan and, after a PS5 restart, a fourth, clean run with the FXX K (with increased rigidity) also didn't register. Oh well; the credits won counted.

I took the aforementioned Tomahawk to Mount Panorama for the last of the new races, a clean stomping in 10:54. Like the Monza races, it didn't register on the race select screen.

The 3-star marathon roulette actually didn't disappoint too bad - I won't have to spend 31,000 on the 2022 Mazda Roadster NR-A (ND). Back to the grind tomorrow.

Well first.

Bought the C8 2 of them one normal and the second to C8R it.

Then I did the 30 minute race for some cash and to finish buying the Ferrari F50.

Then I did the 30 minute race for some cash to buy the Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm.

Then I did the 30 minute race a few more times to build some cash to buy the Bugatti Chiron 2016 and then the Veyron and then the VGT Bugatti.

In total I done that race like 5 or 6 times today. :)

Last edited:
Well first.

Bought the C8 2 of them one normal and the second to C8R it.

Then I did the 30 minute race for some cash and to finish buying the Ferrari F50.

Then I did the 30 minute race for some cash to buy the Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm.

Then I did the 30 minute race a few more times to build some cash to buy the Bugatti Chiron 2016 and then the Veyron and then the VGT Bugatti.

In total I done that race like 5 or 6 times today. :)
Which race is that?

I've recreated all weather and time conditions from the whole franchise for High Speed Ring, Trial Mountain and Deep Forest Raceway.

It brings some nostalgia for sure. Even if it's not really possible to have a tree tunnel on TM or Deep Forest, some of the older race conditions were more atmospheric, and stay that way in GT7 if you recreate them.

add: laguna seca to that.

Last edited:
So I've been waiting awhile for the Strassenversion and F50. They finally appeared, I also knew I wanted the Chiron so today was a 30 minute Le Mans Grind day. At 11.06pm, I now have the cars mentioned above, plus the rest of the cars from todays DLC.

Created a fictional/Fantasy Callaway Competition Vette' C4 ZR1

Now I just have to wait on one of those damn invitations so I can get the Enzo and Ferrari FXX. I've only been waiting like the whole time I've had GT7 which is around 4 months.

Tried all 5 new cars, the new events, and collected the rewards from the new books. Began building credits to get ready for the next 20M LCD.

I made the DMC-12 pop a wheelie, set up still needs work.
5e6a4aaa11257ebab713aaed4593ba33_photo.jpg

I won the Roadster Rampage engine(again) so I engine swapped the deloren.
1,050hp is nuts in this car.

Also made an SVG logo of an Illawarra burger chain known for having some of the best burgers
ba688783507814e5351b12f3e6bd9244_thumb.png

Last edited:
Logged in. Bought new cars. Tested all. Love the Alfa.

Played for the daily ticket. Bought another car. Arranged a new livery. Liked it. Raced it, too.

Thought of creating another custom race around street racers. Remembered the AI is still bad and Tokyo the only track I could use for getting street racing underground vibes.

Hopped out of GT7. Played NFS unbound instead. Laughed a lot. This game looks great and with the right Spotify playlist I become a really aggressive driver. Buy it with a discount and if you’re German like me switch the console to English for greater atmosphere.

But later today I will get back to GT7 to sell cars. Need money to tune more cars to 699PP. Eventually will use the new Alfa for a quick LeMans race.

I found that if you race Mazda GR1 car at Le Man in daily race C with Auto gears the car tops out at 199 mph but with the manual car it runs to 205 mph……. I would say how is this fair and proper but i Don’t think Polyphony have ever cared about being fair and proper. Couldn’t understand how a rival in same car passed me so easily - and the drove into me and ended my chance of the win - but now I do….

And I’ve been trying to race fair but no luck so daily race C, started pole, 1st corner driven into by a 919 so track limit penalty, restart turn onto main straight, hit again another 1 second penalty, down the 2nd stretch of main stretch I’m slipstreaming for a clean overtake but guy in front slams brakes on miles from the braking zone and I now have 4 seconds on top of the 1.5 - I quit the race on lap 4 in 6th, 14 times was hit - Race 2 started pole again and same again at first corner - hit 22 times in this game - it truly is **** passed off as gold so after that am no longer BB am CE.
Why would any new starter want to play and it’s fine getting excited over 5 new cars but that isn’t the problem with the game at its core it’s substandard

I drove the Chiron around the Nurburgring, completed the Hypercar race on Monza and American Clubman Cup on Bathurst. After that I drove the C8 Corvette around Road Atlanta.

It was back to the grind. On the Plus account, after failing to make the BMW M4 Gr.4 work at Sarthe, I laughed my way through a drenched 7-lap race in the Red Bull Junior. The rain between the end of lap 2 and lap 4 really jumbled the field, but I was smart enough to take full wets on lap 2, and made those last the last 5 laps. The all-cash 4-star Wheel of Despair spat out the low-showing/lowest-possible 10,000 Cr.

On the GTP account, after having to try to start twice because the game save wouldn't load and then verifying my version of the progression bug continues to exist at Monza's Hyper Car event, I took the Porsche Carrera GT to Sarthe, where despite 2 bouts of heavy rain, I had to run 7 laps to get the win. The 4-star Wheel of Despair was as bad as usual, spitting out the lowest-possible 10,000 Cr.

Buy the XJR
I really really wish PD would add more classic style rims.
Like the Ultralite/minilites for the mini cooper, RS Watanabe 8 spoke and or even wire wheels

Wire Wheels would make the XJR really stand out.
These
MWS-Wheels-Microsite.jpg

On this
Currently running some of the BBS wheels and it doesnt really suit it due to the deep dish.
1851e2106d013-screenshotUrl.png

Ran Le Mans 30 minutes 3 times using each of the 3 Legendary Cars.

In the XJ-13 ran out of fuel through Porsche Corners with a 20 second lead.

Completely cut the very last corner to roll over the line just in front of 2nd and didn't get a penalty.

Bought the Veyron VGT, new Alfa and went into UCD to buy a bunch of cars that have engine swaps available so I can have a swapped and stock version of each.

I made the DMC-12 pop a wheelie, set up still needs work.
5e6a4aaa11257ebab713aaed4593ba33_photo.jpg

I won the Roadster Rampage engine(again) so I engine swapped the deloren.
1,050hp is nuts in this car.

Also made an SVG logo of an Illawarra burger chain known for having some of the best burgers
ba688783507814e5351b12f3e6bd9244_thumb.png
Ceasers @ Corrimal is the best.

Chickos is also over rated.

Grinded the World Touring Car 800 Race at Sardegna eight times in a row tonight with the X2019. Won 727,500 for each race.
I missed my races yesterday because of the 1.27 update, and that update took a while to download.

I bought a car from the legendary shop tonight too, the 1995 Ferrari F50 for 4.3 million and the new Corvette from Brand Central.
Along with some cheap BMW cars to fill out an extra menu.
That's enough racing for me tonight and enough credit spending!

I agree with Chickos being overrated.

Not a fan of chicken burgers,

Have you tried Sneaky?
I could have it everyday at work seeing as its only a 750m walk
Nah never knew about it until I saw your post. Saw it was under WIN Stadium so might have to check it out next time I'm at the footy.

Nah never knew about it until I saw your post. Saw it was under WIN Stadium so might have to check it out next time I'm at the footy.
Another location is at Albion Park Rail where the BP servo is(before the airport going southbound)
That location was the first one, the only issue is the traffic as you could wait 2mins easy to get back onto the highway, but that has improved thanks to the albion park rail bypass.

Bought the Aston invite cars and 2 each of the new cars except for the Chiron then I did Sardegna twice. Got 10k, rampage engine and the VW VGT which I sold for 400K

This morning did a full 30-minutes shoulders/arms/forearms/hands/fingers/ workout:

Gran Turismo® 7_20221217091512.jpg

It BEGS for two extra gears, and also to rip away from it that leaf suspension and those drum brakes!! But oh man, what a dramatic, full suspense run it was!!

Thank you PD, may I have another??

Edit: forgot to clarify, the Jeep is a Hellcat-swapped one

Oh, and also this:

Dragon Trail - Seaside_.jpeg

Last edited:
Back