What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,878 comments
Got tired of Hard and went for Easy mode for a change... and to have some actual fun for the 1st time in about a week and to finally grind some credits without losing my mind. It went fine I guess.

Also, I got my 2nd Aston Martin ticket. Yay.

Finally finished off the Mission programmes with All Gold, with the exception of the Human Comedy ones. Drifting for me only works on the controller, but when it does work it’s a nice feeling indeed. :D The most important thing was to set the brake balance all the way to the rear.

Also did the drag races plus the longer races at Tsukoba, High Speed Ring and Le Mans. Had enough time to ponder the fact that a year after launch, the only non-custom event we have with LMP1/Group C cars at Le Mans pays a bit more than 1% of the current grind choices despite comparable length…

Today I decided I wanted to drive something new, and while browsing my garage stumbled upon my Coyote Pantera, which I had bought, swapped and then left to rot. So I went with Praiano's 700pp tune (as usual lowered it a bit because of my OCD) and took on Sarthe.

20970926611857778.jpg
20970940193021091.jpg

This thing is a BLAST to drive, it's so smooth that you tend to forget that you're driving a 300+ kmh 1970's MR car, it's a beauty! Even though it kind of turns into a beast when heavy rain comes...still, managed a one stopper thanks to the bad weather and earned my 825k plus the Wheel of (Mis)Fortune ticket, a crappy 3* that earned me 10k.

I then decided to try one of the Human Comedy missions, namely Deep Forest, so I bought the 458 Gr.4 and put a tune from Praiano's topic (not his though) just to realize that I'm a ****** driver and will probably never manage to complete those missions, apart for the ones I've already done (Autopolis, Alsace, Kyoto).

Not much today just continue doing the spa 1 hour race.

Also made a goal list of the cars I'm gonna buy next.

Over the next week I plan on buying.

Lamborghini Veneno 2013
Mazda 787B 1991
McLaren P1 GTR 2016
Peugeot 908 HDI FAP 2010
Toyota GR010 Hybrid 2021 #7
Toyota TS030 Hybrid 2012
De Tomaso Mangusta Christian Dior 1969 :lol:
Audi R18 e-tron 2016 #7
Toyota TS050 Hybrid 2016 #5

All while conserving my credits.

:)
To quote my own post and with a update so far today I have bought from that list.

Lamborghini Veneno 2013
Mazda 787B 1991
Peugeot 908 HDI FAP 2010
De Tomaso Mangusta Christian Dior 1969 :lol:
Audi R18 e-tron 2016 #8
Toyota TS030 Hybrid 2012

And that's what I did today. :)

Last edited:
On the GTP account, I turned a bunch of laps at Daytona in the Ford GT Race Car. Before grinding Sardegna with the Subaru BRZ GT300 for the credits, I took my usual lowest-possible 10,000 Cr. from the 4-star Wheel of Despair.

On the Plus account, I used the Ford GT Race car at Sardegna for the credits. The 4-star Wheel of Despair was just a bit kinder than usual, giving the low-showing 30,000 Cr.

A couple of hours last night, so I raced twice at Sardegna - took the Subaru BRZ GT300 for a run for the first time in ages, then hopped into the DBR9 GT1 - the wheel of doom gave me the usual 10k payout. I had a couple of tickets due to expire (had been saving in case of an update) so I redeemed them - a Civic Type R (FK2) and a Camaro LT4 engine.

I went over to the UCD and saw there was a TVR available. I already had one, but I remembered it was an engine swap car, so I bought one and did the swap. I gave it a @praiano63 tune then took it to the WTC700 race at Dragon Trail to test it out. It absolutely stormed it. I can definitely see myself using it more!

While doing the swap for the Tuscan, I also spotted the Sambabus and remembered I had 7 Porsche engines, so I bought that and swapped the engine. I haven't tuned it yet, but might take it out for a drive tonight.

Last bit for the night was to take some scapes pics and share them plus this livery:

55e048d336513ca8f14ab9d50a2f9288_photo.webp

I took the Lancer Evo Gr.B road car to La Sarte to play in the rain, watched some carnage in front of me due to the Aston that went to Jupiter on the backstraight, I went in on lap two to fit Inters but the pack didn't so got an extra minute ahead at the end of lap 3 with all the yello flags and AI spins :lol: like with the most cars, easy win but fun to drive with TD 30/70%.

After that i burned some rears

got a 6 ⭐ ticket from the wheel that got me brakes for the FXX so immidiately closed the application and went to work :lol::lol:

20969948004595954.jpg

20970174839818250.jpg

Last edited:
kjb
I did Sardegna with my blue 787b. I didn't crash like the other days while talking to my wife 😂. Got 30k from the wheel
It's funny how they have a tendency to cause crashes! I have experienced the same phenomena when my wife starts discussing the issues of her working day while I'm trying to negotiate rain and traffic at Tokyo, or driving on the edge at Sardegna! :D

It's funny how they have a tendency to cause crashes! I have experienced the same phenomena when my wife starts discussing the issues of her working day while I'm trying to negotiate rain and traffic at Tokyo, or driving on the edge at Sardegna! :D
You do know about the pause button, right?

Although if you use that, they tend to hang around talking even longer.

Last edited:
Today I decided I wanted to drive something new, and while browsing my garage stumbled upon my Coyote Pantera, which I had bought, swapped and then left to rot. So I went with Praiano's 700pp tune (as usual lowered it a bit because of my OCD) and took on Sarthe.

View attachment 1225624
View attachment 1225625

This thing is a BLAST to drive, it's so smooth that you tend to forget that you're driving a 300+ kmh 1970's MR car, it's a beauty! Even though it kind of turns into a beast when heavy rain comes...still, managed a one stopper thanks to the bad weather and earned my 825k plus the Wheel of (Mis)Fortune ticket, a crappy 3* that earned me 10k.

I then decided to try one of the Human Comedy missions, namely Deep Forest, so I bought the 458 Gr.4 and put a tune from Praiano's topic (not his though) just to realize that I'm a ****** driver and will probably never manage to complete those missions, apart for the ones I've already done (Autopolis, Alsace, Kyoto).
Unswapped Pantera @ around 678PP is my favorite car to do le Mans 700PP 30 minutes. It can do 3 laps till the rain comes and it handles really well for a 70's car. And as you said it does 300+ quite easily.

What engine swap is available for this car? Despite the glitch I exploited the hell out of I don't have an engine for it. :scared:

Gran Turismo™ 7_20230105201844.jpg

Last edited:
Ran the GR.1 race at Suzuka with the 787B and a freaking typhoon showed up before midrace. It was a battle against the elements, not against the AI, and I loved it. Fun was had and credits were obtained.

Bought a Lancer Evo V and then went for a ride with my Pantera. It was a fine night.

Last edited:
Unswapped Pantera @ around 678PP is my favorite car to do le Mans 700PP 30 minutes. It can do 3 laps till the rain comes and it handles really well for a 70's car. And as you said it does 300+ quite easily.

What engine swap is available for this car? Despite the glitch I exploited the hell out of I don't have an engine for it. :scared:

View attachment 1225798
The Coyote 5.0 V8 from the Mustang! Wish we could trade them, I'd gladly send you one of my 5-6 that I still have left...

Anyways today I tried again to do the Human Comedy Deep Forest mission in the 458 Gr.4 but I really do suck, and finished P6... could've been a P3 at most but I really drove the last 4 laps out of boredom and disappointment and thus got passed. Feels really bad...anyways this earned me a 4* Wheel of (Mis)Fortune ticket which added insult to injury with the usual 10k prize.

On the Plus account, I dug the Red Bull Junior out of storage, sent it to Sarthe, and came within 22 seconds of getting 7 complete laps in less than 30 minutes despite a spot of rain and traffic that cost me nearly 22 seconds. I suppose I could have waited to pit until lap 7, or done lap 8 with no power and no rear tires, but I came down on lap 5 for the tires and enough fuel to go 8 laps.

The 6-star parts ticket, only the second won through the marathons, gave a Stage 5 Weight Reduction for the 2014 Lamborghini Veneno. It could have been worse - there were 2 exhaust systems and a nitrous system on the wheel.

On the GTP account, I used the Huracan Gr.4 for an essentially-dry Sarthe grind (it did mist a bit during lap 6). I came within 36 seconds of doing 7 laps in less than 30 minutes as I did a radical fuel save of short-shifting at 7000 rpm, and coasting near the end of each long straight to make it 4 laps on fuel (which cost me about 15 seconds). I did also grab tires, which allowed me to do a 4:12.5 lap on lap 7 after posting sub-4:14 times on laps 2 and 6.

The 4-star marathon roulette was kind, as it gave me a powder-blue BMW M4 Gr.4. At least I won't have to waste 350,000 Cr. for one of the few Gr.4 cars that cannot win Sarthe (on normal difficulty in my hands) unless it is either tuned or runs into just the right weather conditions.

So much racing.. so little time to jot it all down.. this game amazes me.. I really do wish I had more time to pen everything i've been doing.. I think tho', now that i've attained every single car I could possibly want, 66 at last count (minus the Strassen) I'm gonna hit the refresh button & start from scratch.. taking my '14 Golf/GTI for a spin tonight via the drivers seat POV was very becoming of how much I still have to learn..

You guys are awesome.. true drivers & dedication.. I got nothin' but respect for all of ya (getting educated).. Closing in on the 1st year, we'll see what year 2 brings.. but i'm tellin' ya right now, I love this game.. As a driver by profession, there's nothing I look more forward to then coming home & get'n behind the wheel & honing the skills even moreso.. yeah, LoL, dialing it in if you may.. So, keep them footsies balanced, don't run into nothin', and enjoy the next day.. til' then, Aloha' my braddahs..

Listen to this while you're in the garage or tune shop.. it'll set your mind right.. you'll figure it out..

NW.

Last edited:
Spun the wheel of destruction and got 30k, so terrible as usual
Grinded out Tokyo for a couple of runs, needed to pick up another 308 GTB and RX-7 for wide body use.
Also got around to painting the last of the Subaru non-Gr cars, next up is Toyota (Aside from the like 10 AE86s that I keep ****ing painting XD)
FndX_ZuWAAQgQ87
FndX_PUXkAAi08C

Back