What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,822 comments
Finished buying duplicate gr3s to complete 2023 imsa line up and ran a couple custom races

Attachments

• 7E805699-AFCA-4001-8968-954CB5DEFC85.jpeg
    7E805699-AFCA-4001-8968-954CB5DEFC85.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 752BF9ED-4DBA-4303-B63A-D9CC4AEA7A96.jpeg
    752BF9ED-4DBA-4303-B63A-D9CC4AEA7A96.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 9
Bought the GT-R GT3 '18 (finally) and put an itasha livery on it made by a friend. A couple of quick runs at Sardegna, second one being a bit of a nightmare with a massive spin on lap 6 and only just won in the end.

Then took some scapes pics, shared pics and livery, noticed I'd messed up the order (I'm being pedantic and putting a pattern of pics and styles on my gallery page) so I deleted the style to reshare, only to notice I'd deleted it completely. Now I have to remake it...

Angry Beavers Nicksplat GIF by NickRewind

Retuned my '63 Corvettes and retuned the '09 ZR1. Ran LeMans once with each. The wheel puked out another Sport suspension for some Honda.

I also ran the Jaguar at Bathurst, finishing up the Sun Also Rises. Got Bronze and the Subaru Drift Car. Sold it back.

Spun the wheel of destruction and got 30k, so terrible as usual
Grinded out Tokyo for a couple of runs, needed to pick up another 308 GTB and RX-7 for wide body use.
Also got around to painting the last of the Subaru non-Gr cars, next up is Toyota (Aside from the like 10 AE86s that I keep ****ing painting XD)
FndX_ZuWAAQgQ87
FndX_PUXkAAi08C
Terrible? 30k doesn't sound that bad. I was getting 5k non stop for weeks.

Yesterday was a short session, but a good one: Raced at Daytona with the 787B and then went for a ride with my Carrera GT. Man I love that thing.

And the infamy wheel actually gave me something useful: A suspension for an Aventador. I think I know what I'm gonna buy today.

Last edited:
Finished buying duplicate gr3s to complete 2023 imsa line up and ran a couple custom races
I see you have the c8r replica just be aware if you set that car to the ai it will be on sport hard tires. :(

We really need the real c8r.:banghead:

As for what I did today? I continue my 1 hour of spa race and I'm just 1 race away from 100m credits.

Last edited:
Really enjoy doing this race, the DBR9 is a quick car.
Race was on mediums, pitted laps 6 and 11.
Car completely stock.

Attachments

• 20230128_021748.jpg
    20230128_021748.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 6
On the GTP account, I held on at Sardegna with the McLaren 650S GT3 on 9-lap-old tires (or would have had to hold on had Beauvois not pitted on lap 14). The 6-star parts ticket gave a stage 5 weight reduction for the Lexus LC500.

On the Plus account, I used the AMG Mercedes-AMG GT3 for an easy win. The most-notable thing was Fraga ramming Beauvois as Beauvois and I both exited the pits at the start of lap 6. The 3-star Wheel of Des...er...marathon roulette gave the low-showing/2nd-highest-possible 100,000 Cr.

Picked up four Firebirds, tuned them and ran LeMans twice. The wheel dropped a Cayman GR.4.

Bandit, you got a copy on the Snowman?

I got the gold at that High Speed Ring 30 minute mission. All I need is the rain at Spa and the drift mission. Both seem impossible.

I was curious and tried the BMW i3 at the Tsukuba 30 minute. It ran out of battery before the end of lap 2. It does get recharged at the pits but you can't stop it in the middle. Seems busted.

At Spa the trick is to make the AI crash. If it's raining hard enough, they will wipe out on the first corner. If not, back out to the World Map and try again. Once they do you still have to be fast and handle the car confidently. The good news is that so long as you keep retrying and don't back out, the monsoon will continue and the AI will crash every single time.

Last edited:
Ran the Lambo Diablo 5X at the TM/HCP, pickin' up some decent coin, but basically nothing on the wheel-of-foreskin.. smh.. took a couple shots (see below)

Diablo-03.jpg

.. but something stood out to me .. note the Porsche up on the rack, ok, now note the rear left wheel wth is goin' on there.. a balancing ??.. perhaps with a LED light setup ??.. can't figure out that square fixture for the life of me.. ..

misc-00.jpg

LoL.. might say it perplexes me slightly.. but when I first seen it I was like "wth".. insight gentlemen, please.. much thx..

NW.

Ran the Lambo Diablo 5X at the TM/HCP, pickin' up some decent coin, but basically nothing on the wheel-of-foreskin.. smh.. took a couple shots (see below)

View attachment 1226533

.. but something stood out to me .. note the Porsche up on the rack, ok, now note the rear left wheel wth is goin' on there.. a balancing ??.. perhaps with a LED light setup ??.. can't figure out that square fixture for the life of me.. ..

View attachment 1226534

LoL.. might say it perplexes me slightly.. but when I first seen it I was like "wth".. insight gentlemen, please.. much thx..

NW.
It's wheel tracking / alignment.

Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 16.02.28.png

Posted once that I don't believe the gift wheel is random as it lands on the smallest pile of cash 9 times out of 10.
I would like to change that opinion now - I believe it's more like 99 times out of 100! 🤣

It's wheel tracking / alignment.

View attachment 1226541

Posted once that I don't believe the gift wheel is random as it lands on the smallest pile of cash 9 times out of 10.
I would like to change that opinion now - I believe it's more like 99 times out of 100! 🤣
Nice!

Really wasn't sure what was goin' on there.. but an excellent response.. that square setup looks damn near like the light on my garage.. LoL.. anyways, thx. for the knowledge..

NW.

The Diablo GT is in the used car dealership right now. I grabbed one of those and the Sauber C9, got my ass kicked at Tokyo then thankfully won at Spa, Le Mans, and Sardegna. I just can’t get it right in Tokyo…

Logged on to grind Sardegna and share a livery, my usual Friday night these days!

Started with the Alfa 4C, having never won with it before. I slapped on some RM tyres and made sure the power limiter was set to 100%, then proceeded to rip through the field. It didn't win by much in the end, but once I got the hang of its quirks I found some reasonable lap times, making a 1:39 lap as my best.

Took the AMG GT out on RM tyres and managed an easy win by a decent margin, a nice and reliable drive. Very stable, very quick, good on fuel.

Then I jumped into the Corvette. It's been ages since I drove it, and I forgot just how rapid it was! Fuel use isn't great, but at FM3 it'll easily do 6 laps with an early shift (like 10% redline). Stopped every 5 laps because the RM tyres can't handle more than that, and was running regular 1:38s, even a 1:37. Posted one of my best Gr.3 race times, even after a couple of spectacular f-ups which cost me around 10s in total.

Got a couple of 5-star tickets (ticked over midnight) and redeemed them both. First one gave me a Jag Gr.3, so I closed and reopened the game. Second one gave me 100k. So I banked it.

I'm pretty happy that LCD has given us four old Le Mans Gr.1 models recently. I bought Porsche, grinded money using it to buy Jaguar, switched to Jag, grind for Mazda, now just Nissan left. Such a satisflying progression using and comparing all of them. Pity there's only four of them.

I'm pretty happy that LCD has given us four old Le Mans Gr.1 models recently. I bought Porsche, grinded money using it to buy Jaguar, switched to Jag, grind for Mazda, now just Nissan left. Such a satisflying progression using and comparing all of them. Pity there's only four of them.
Same I already bought the 787b and I got my eyes on that Nissan 962c then the other two. It'll be great to put them up against modern lmp1 cars in custom race. :)

Out of interest, what sort of race times do you get with the CLK-LM??
Out of my head I think about 26 minutes-ish. But I don’t play with much attention, I watch some videos on my iPad and play my daily grind of 770K credits and ticket while watching those videos. I occasionally crash, forget to pit or something because my attention was going to the iPad. 😅

It’s the stock CLK-LM de tuned to 799,75 PP and RH tyres by only reducing power en ECU output, everything else is standard.

I start on fuel mapping 1 and do 6 rounds before I pit (new tires and full fuel).
Then laps 7 until the end is fuel mapping 5.

My best lap time was 1:37.800 or something I think, but I feel like I don’t take many corners optimal yet, and those non-optimal corners have already become my bad habbit. 😅

What I like about the CLK though is that it’s super sticky to the road, when I try the Escudo, the MP4/4, the 2008 GT-R GT500 or the BMW McLaren F1 (all my own crappy quick RH800 tune), they all slide out of those medium speed corners much eaflier than the CLK.

Back