What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,874 comments
I watched a few replays of my grind races on Sarthe and noticed that Portilla slows down a ton, when it rains. Watched from his onboard for a lap. The dude drives like he's driving his grandma home. Took corners at 35kph several times. On a dry track, he's doing 235kph in some of the same turns. Quite a difference and he was the only one doing that. 👀

Ran a few 24 lap races around Spa 24Hr layout. Got tire/refueling figured out but the pit killed me every time but once. 3 seconds is a heck of a penalty and made it through one time entering/exiting at 30 Mph. I see a bunch of punting occurring especially entering the pits.

Just did a few rounds at Sardegna with the Citroen GT Gr. 3 and Dodge Viper Gr.3 and one round of Le Mans with the 911 GT1. I’ve managed to win twice now with the 911 but it rained heavily both times but I’m pretty sure I can win in a dry race, although I am playing on Easy mode…

Had two runs at Sardegna, firstly in the GT-R GT500 '16 and then in thr Supra Gr.3, which I've owned for ages but never driven! Easy win in both, and both really fun to drive. The Supra understeers so much after driving the Gr.2 monster, but its pretty rapid and reliable once you adjust. That took me to 5.6 mil, so I headed to Brand Central to complete the Ferrari invitational collection!

186cfcc6de931-8fe07284794F13FF66A.5813BD5398E5A252_message_429694966615326_1678495963341.jpg

Then I made a start on a new custom race series, using the Mini '05 representing different countries racing on different circuits and sponsored by some of the most prolific Motorsports sponsors in those countries. First draft to test the template:

186cfcc606379-8fe07284794F13FF66A.5813BD5398E5A252_message_429693319253262_1678489528333.jpg

I also hit a milestone tonight: 200 followers on my profile! Thank you so much to everyone who follows me!!!

Screenshot_20230311_090819_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
One grind at Tokyo with the AMG GT Black Series while chatting with my son and explaining him about that particular event and the glitched car, a few TT laps at Catalunya (silver will be hard to reach without investing more time), bought the Mustang Shelby, and got a 4 stars ticket which gave me a nice AMG SLS Gr4 (best price on the wheel !)

I had a unique day today - the first time my nephew (or anyone bar me for that matter) has had a shot at my GT rig... he's never played GT before at all, and yet he wanted to jump in at the deep end.

I gave him a demo - Corvette C7 Gr. 3 round Watkins Glen, no assists, manual transmission, and using the rig... he did surprisingly well insomuch as he wasn't all over the shop, as other friends have been with the controller.

I then jumped back on and did the Suzuka Circuit Experience, having recently golded it (after some effort) with the controller. I did one lap and got a Bronze... 1.6s adrift of Gold - but that was my first ever attempt using the rig. Second attempt - Gold... and beat my controller record by 0.2s without breaking a sweat. I've said it before and I'll say it again - GT7 is heavily biased against controller users, but racing with the wheel is ridiculously good fun.

I was delighted, too, to be able to nail a solid lap (and a Gold) with my nephew watching - and I'm glad to say he was suitably impressed. I, however, was stunned (though I should know by now that the wheel is much faster, esp. around certain circuits like Suzuka and LM) and won't bother wasting much more time trying to do CEs with the controller again.

So today I managed to finish the Suzuka CE and obtain a cool 1mill credits again. I have a very love/hate relationship with Suzuka. It is a very challenging track but the NSX was very grippy car, once you get the momentum going for it.

It's always the last few turns and the chicane that can get me. I also noticed how the car behaves different on indivdual sectors as opposed to the overall full lap time you have to do in Circuit expriences.

Then got round to uploading these clips here is the first of many clips, to what I posted earlier in this thread, about obtaining the Porsche SPA 911 RSR Circuit experience lap, almost fumbling hard, then completing it on a controller with a respectable time, lol. ENJOY!

Last edited:
Been doing some testing/grinding with the Gr.2 cars out at Spa. The Epson NSX GT500 '08 car is pretty darn fast. The SC430 GT500 is also a really good car. Basically taking my winnings and buying more Gr.2 cars for more testing. Looks like when tuned to 800pp, the older '08 models are faster than their newer '16 counterparts.

Other than that, I've just been waiting for any new legendary cars to come up. If nothing new/interesting pops up, I'm going to start buying out certain manufacturers as I make my way towards owning all the cars in the game.

Bought the NSX TypeR ‘02. Had a stroke-up for it. Tuned it and ran LeMans. It‘s excellent. Near-perfect and a pleasure to drive. I enjoyed it so much, I ran it 3 times. Bought the Mazda RX500, tuned it and ran LeMans. Fun car. And fast. Also bought the F50. It got nerfed at 700pp. It’s noticeably faster without the rear diffuser. A bit less grip, but more speed. It is excellent fully tuned.

Got a Z4 engine from the wheel. I’ll put it in a spare CSL that I have.

On the Plus account, I used the Aston Martin V8 Vantage Gr.4 in a laugher of a wet win at Sarthe. The third 3-star Wheel of Despair in a row (for the third time, plus a four-time streak, this year, 28th of the year of 67 workout tickets, and 79th since 1.17 dropped, compared to 76.2 expected) gave the lowest-possible 5,000 Cr. (8th time this year, and not counting the unawarded one, 28th since 1.17 compared to 29.48 expected) on an all-cash wheel.

On the GTP account, I took the Silvia Touring Car to Sarthe. The all-cash 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the 2nd-low-showing/2nd-lowest-possible/lowest legal 30,000 Cr. (the low-showing prize was the unavailable 5,000 Cr.).

Did a massive Sarthe grind, using the RA272 all evening. Gained back the money I spent on the XJ13.

Got a 5 star ticket for the daily mileage, which granted me a Citroen GT Gr.4. Sold it.
Then bought the Corvette from Hagerty's, for the extra menu. Another 5 star ticket, which granted me a BAC. Kept it for now.

2 cars from 2 tickets on 1 day. I think the game went bonkers.

Did a massive Sarthe grind, using the RA272 all evening. Gained back the money I spent on the XJ13.

Got a 5 star ticket for the daily mileage, which granted me a Citroen GT Gr.4. Sold it.
Then bought the Corvette from Hagerty's, for the extra menu. Another 5 star ticket, which granted me a BAC. Kept it for now.

2 cars from 2 tickets on 1 day. I think the game went bonkers.
I enjoyed the BAC mission race. Not sure what other races it would excel at, but I'm sure it would be a good 600pp car. Maybe not the fastest for top speed but it would probably out corner anything else on the track.

I enjoyed the BAC mission race. Not sure what other races it would excel at, but I'm sure it would be a good 600pp car. Maybe not the fastest for top speed but it would probably out corner anything else on the track.
I kept it for livery reasons, but might try it out in a race one day. The model actually looks pretty cool.

I kept it for livery reasons, but might try it out in a race one day. The model actually looks pretty cool.
In real life it's supposed to be an insanely fast vehicle. Of course, GT7 is a simulation so it may not be the best in the game, but I'm sure with some tuning it should be a fairly competent car.

In real life it's supposed to be an insanely fast vehicle. Of course, GT7 is a simulation so it may not be the best in the game, but I'm sure with some tuning it should be a fairly competent car.
Did a few laps on Sardegna with it, pushing out a 1:43 out of the box. Not bad, tbh. If fuel consumption and tyre wear are epic, then it could be a good contender. :D

It's doable to get all golds on controller - not sure if you're on PS4 or 5 but I use the right analogue stick for accelerating and braking, I find it easier to moderate throttle and get better corner exits. Watching the demonstrations really help too.
I finally got gold on IA-9 and finished off IA-10 which surprisingly wasn’t that bad. I’m dreading S licenses.

I bought my wheel set up and am patiently waiting for it to arrive. I plan on going back through the licenses with the wheel as well.

However I will finally try to finish gold with the controller.

I will be eventually s just sticking to the wheel exclusively and I know it’s almost like starting over in terms of experience

I finished the Corvette menu and the reward ticket gave me the Ferrari invitation that I wanted badly! Did an arcade race with the LaFerrari at Laguna Seca and then did a round of Sardegna with the FXX-k which required short shifting around 8,800 RPM at FM6 to make a 2-stop strategy feasible. I already had the Enzo from a previous menu reward ticket but I’m definitely going to buy another to keep stock and probably duplicates of the other two before the invitation expires. Then my daily 4-star ticket rewarded me with a F-1500T that I already had but I’ll gladly take another. Finished the night with a round of Le Mans in the 911 GT1 and managed to notice a yellow flag in VR thankfully and kept my CRB. My lucky GT7 day I guess.

Last edited:
Bought the Corvette '63 and got this cafe menu reward, a 5 stars ticket which got me a RX-7 motor...

Done a grind at Tokyo 600, managed to get a lap under 2'02 with FM6 all the way and one pit stop. I should try to put FM1 for the long straight, it could lower a good bit my lap time, for a marginally longer pitstop as I have more than 3 laps of fuel remaining when I pit.

25'29 which is my best until now. Maybe I could improve using FM1 in the straight, or FM1 all along with 2 pitstops.

Got a 3 stars ticket for the daily marathon, which rewarded me with the usual 5k, can't be lucky too often.

Last edited:
It's doable to get all golds on controller - not sure if you're on PS4 or 5 but I use the right analogue stick for accelerating and braking, I find it easier to moderate throttle and get better corner exits. Watching the demonstrations really help too.
I just completed with all golds on the controller have a 2nd hand g29 waiting in the cupboard but nothing to attach it to. I’m also using the right stick for accelerating and braking, have done since we got analogue sticks in the controllers.

Friday ( at last) i bring home my brand new ps5 ( in the " right " price) . The game was already there and spend all noon to install both.
From yesterday till now i reach menu 26 , got my first million and didn't spend anything to buy a new car yet .
Only tyres and weight reduction.
Now ill buy the tundra to go on and hope to find a race to grid at that level in case of emergency.
Emergency means that if escudo arrives ( big if but who knows ) on legend cars must have the money to buy it .
Not bad i can say for one day and a half.

After 5 days of not playing I finally have some time to do some Daily Races. With Gr.3 cars as my favourite to drive, I race Race B the most. I’ve sharpen up my QT time, but I’m still not starting at the front.. Except for my last race, where I started P2 but I messed it up on lap 1 at turn 4 and ended up P4 where I finished the race as well… I will get there, eventually!!
9C064A3C-C0E3-4079-8D9F-71C4286B14E8.jpeg

Friday ( at last) i bring home my brand new ps5 ( in the " right " price) . The game was already there and spend all noon to install both.
From yesterday till now i reach menu 26 , got my first million and didn't spend anything to buy a new car yet .
Only tyres and weight reduction.
Now ill buy the tundra to go on and hope to find a race to grid at that level in case of emergency.
Emergency means that if escudo arrives ( big if but who knows ) on legend cars must have the money to buy it .
Not bad i can say for one day and a half.
Holly F*

I got 65 hours and I'm only on menu 14, I know I play extremely slowly but you are playing it way to fast IMO.

Every race from the menu I do like 5-6 times, with different cars, different tunes etc.

Holly F*

I got 65 hours and I'm only on menu 14, I know I play extremely slowly but you are playing it way to fast IMO.

Every race from the menu I do like 5-6 times, with different cars, different tunes etc.
The truth is that i already have some experience at gt7 sharing some time with a little friend of mine who lives upstairs and bought him gt7 as a present in his birthday for his ps4 .
I didn't had a ps4 so ps5 was one way for me .
On the other hand i don't remember anything when we started so i stuck with the cars the game provide me at each menu .
As i remember only two races needed to tune the car power ( one was today with tundra at Daytona,i put high rpm turbo ) and one time i change the car and was at trial mountain.
Of course i run all this at " EASY" level to move forward faster.
Today i golden the ia and ib license except two at ib for the one at deep forest i don't mind,its matter of time but that fast one with the nissan worries me .
Try to stay cool and don't rush to get first grom the first lap .
Also respecting the AI gives you the CR bonus that you can easily loose getting of track , here is the stay cool advice cause cost me a lot CR bonus while i didn't hit the AI .🤬

After 5 days of not playing I finally have some time to do some Daily Races. With Gr.3 cars as my favourite to drive, I race Race B the most. I’ve sharpen up my QT time, but I’m still not starting at the front.. Except for my last race, where I started P2 but I messed it up on lap 1 at turn 4 and ended up P4 where I finished the race as well… I will get there, eventually!! View attachment 1238771
Finally, a podium on Daily Race B. Took me whole day, but here we are! Also close to being a A-rated driver, but I’m not sure if I’m happy with that considering the tougher grid haha!
CE94285B-0517-4134-9259-495663C89BEC.jpeg

So had a short play session today but just grinding and some Trials online.

Just wanted to share the video of the PORSCHE 917k at SPA in the S10 Licence that I completed on Feb 26th as I posted the thumbnail/screengrab in this thread then.

Please enjoy and do all the neccesary things on YT, gimme a comment and like & share please, would greatly appreciate it.
It's been captured off my PS5 at 1080p HDR so do check it out and thoughts.

Remember this was with a controller, not STEERING WHEEL :sly:.
No aids or driving lines assists,
TCS at Level 2.

Well.. let's just check in here..

It started actually back in December like this.. (to save a whole s***load of typing)

So, not this time around..

LESSON LEARNED!

.. early last week I was on the grind at TM/HCP.. was ready to call it a night, decided to give Legends a quick peek, and low and behold..

Strassen-0.jpg

I damn near broke out the fibulator!.. sitting at about 5M I had work to do.. so needless to say for the next few days as soon as I came home from work, grindtime.. I was NOT going to lose out this time around.. uh uh.. time to hit the garage and earn them bones.. with the exception of the '88 962 & the 917 LL they all got werk..

My Dawgs-00.jpg

Fast forward to yesterday afternoon (Sat. 3/11), and after kicking the wheels off everyone in the TM/HCP.. (btw, the Enzo, my mf'er.. smh.. it's not even fair)

TM-HCP.jpg

& to make this story with a very happy ending.. it was time to go get my prize.. that i've been waiting on since December..

& of course, how I get down with all my rides.. cloaked in all-black (BB style).. tribute to GT3 & 4 totally!!

THE- Strassenversion-BB.jpg

.. my purchases are DONE!.. that's all I was waiting for.. so in ending.. be patient kids.. sooner or later you'll get what you want.. have a good day/evening gentlemen.. apologies for the length of the post, but I just couldn't put it any other way.. LoL!

PS4/DS4 .. multiple POV's..

NW.

Last edited:
Completed final few Nordschleife CE sectors then did a fairly casual lap in the m6. Was a good 10 to 15 seconds off, but not concerned as just wanted to get around and not push it.

Made me realise how useful CE can be actually on the sectors, as I wasn't pushing it anywhere near the limit when I've been hotlapping/racing it a lot since vr2 was released. Ended up googling some sectors and many were taking them in 2 gears higher at points :D. So I think there is some value in making some people more familiar with circuits and quicker drivers... its quite easy to cruise through single player races without 'really' pushing it, particularly if yiu have over powered cars/play lower skill levels, and not really have to worry about your aptitude. Must mention @xMAXIx79 ... no idea how you pull off some of those CE times mate, a good second or so clear of others in my list on some sectors, and theyre a+ drivers too... fair play.

Anyway... I've just woken at 0050GMT after only 3 hours sleep once again. Booted up my ps5 and checked I clocked in 350 miles yesterday's... all on Nordschleife or spa. Tell a lie, made my long awaited return to Sardegna, tokyo and le man's from the big 4. Insomnia has its advantages, get lots and lots of quality game time in, mainly gt7, along with witcher 3 (without doubt in my top 5 ganes in my 35 year or so gaming career) and of course football manager 23... which is released every year and I've been playing since 1993 (my true desert island game).

I continue to work through the master @praiano63 tunes. At least two a day. Today (well yesterday), I enjoyed the mr2 600pp and viper gt3 tune on spa, the old Honda on le man's and tokyo and the lexus 16 gt500 on sardegna... easy wins on hard for all.

Also thanks to my man @NW_Saint for the idea of placing buds inside headphones... I use YouTube/,Google music and helps avoid getting an additional Spotify sub, I've been considering recently... I'll be taking out a black 911 gt1strat around trial Mountain shortly for my first ride of the day as a mark of appreciation/respect....

 Cheers!

Last edited:
B80
Also thanks to my man @NW_Saint for the idea of placing buds inside headphones... I use YouTube/,Google music and helps avoid getting an additional Spotify sub, I've been considering recently... I'll be taking out a black 911 gt1strat around trial Mountain shortly for my first ride of the day as a mark of appreciation/respect....

 Cheers!
Yesssirrrr!.. dual-sounds is definetly how to do it.. buds & over the ears.. best of both worlds.. & btw, the Strassen feels a bit heavy, at least compared to the Enzo, but still corners and handles very nicely, makes up for the weight if you may, typical Porsche style, bites corners like a trip to the dentist.. I knew it was worth the wait.. mutual respect to you as well my friend..

NW.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back