What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,812 comments
Put some good mileage on the RA272 again today. Round about 900+KM purely on Sarthe. Banked around 10mln credits and bought the Ford Mark IV '67 from Hagerty's and got the (useless to me) Legendary Car trophy. Intending to prep it and use it to do a few Sarthe races with it.
Daily mileage got me a 6 star Parts ticket. Venono Weight Reduction stage 5. Whoopie.....

I'm having too much fun with the RA272. If PD take away all my cars and let me keep one, it will be that little Honda.

Put some good mileage on the RA272 again today. Round about 900+KM purely on Sarthe. Banked around 10mln credits and bought the Ford Mark IV '67 from Hagerty's and got the (useless to me) Legendary Car trophy. Intending to prep it and use it to do a few Sarthe races with it.
Daily mileage got me a 6 star Parts ticket. Venono Weight Reduction stage 5. Whoopie.....

I'm having too much fun with the RA272. If PD take away all my cars and let me keep one, it will be that little Honda.
Superb isn't it mate. Any particular tune/setup you're using for it?

Great fun isn't it, I've mainly taken it to Nordschleife and Spa for hotlaps (more like warm laps...).

On the Plus account, it was the McLaren 650S's turn at the Grindy Double. It takes a flawless performance to make the GT3 work on a 1-tire-change 6-5-4 strategy on normal, and it took me 3 tries (too much traffic on try 1, got spun on try 2). The fourth 3-star Wheel of Despair in a row (the 29th of the year out of 68 workout tickets) gave the low-showing 10,000 Cr. I can't wait for a record 5 in a row tomorrow. Maybe it will give me a height-adjustable sports suspension.

I almost didn't bother with the GTP account, but I did. I dragged out the Supra GT500 I tried to tune for Historic Sports Car Masters, and it isn't quite as fast or nearly as efficient as my 2008 Honda NSX GT500. It still got the job done. The parts Wheel of Despair gave another ultra-high turbo for the RE Amemiya. I knew I shouldn't have bothered.

20830183815698470.jpg

2 of 3!

B80
Superb isn't it mate. Any particular tune/setup you're using for it?

Great fun isn't it, I've mainly taken it to Nordschleife and Spa for hotlaps (more like warm laps...).
I do have a setup for it, but shut down the PS5 a few minutes ago. So can't post screenshots now. 😁
Even without any tunes it performs good enough to tackle Sarthe with. It feels like cheating, taking this car to WTC700.
I bought the mid turbo upgrade for it, but not even using it. It's so much fun stock.

Can't believe I've been grinding the same track with the same car for 900+KM, 2 days in a row and not get bored with it. And it's all due to that car. Loving it!

Can't believe I've been grinding the same track with the same car for 900+KM, 2 days in a row and not get bored with it. And it's all due to that car. Loving it!
LoL.. i've been stuck at TM since October!.. I believe that once you get a feel for a certain track, and you earn the $$$$ you want, why leave ??.. especially if your comfy??.. sure it's nice to break out every once in a while, to break the monotony, but hell, TM is my home-base.. I learn and thrive there.. So to say "you can't believe", well, believe it, roll with it, run with it, make $$$$ with it, point is, do what you do best, and if that's your spot, then there ya go.. just my .02

NW.

Last edited:
I got S-10 down to 2:22.9xx, my first time playing it in probably an entire year give or take. I still had to have the TCS, ASM and CS on like a chump, but I did it in VR and it was a total blast. I also trimmed 5 seconds off the S-2 F50 @ Monza (also in VR), so I've gone through all the license tests at least one time after the initial 'just get gold and move on' when the game launched.

I think I'm a bit faster, consistent and get up to speed quicker in VR and have an easier time trimming time. I ordered a P3 from DOF Reality that will be here in May, so I can't wait for that.

Jerome

LoL.. i've been stuck at TM since October!.. I believe that once you get a feel for a certain track, and you earn the $$$$ you want, why leave ??.. especially if your comfy??.. sure it's nice to break out every once in a while, to break the monotony, but hell, TM is my home-base.. I learn and thrive there.. So to say "you can't believe", well, believe it, roll with it, run with it, make $$$$ with it, point is, do what you do best, and if that's your spot, then there ya go.. just my .02

NW.
I've been grinding Sarthe in GTS as well, for the ****** daily roulette. Used different cars every day, to keep it a bit fun.
There's 4 tracks I'm greatly enjoying. Spa, Sarthe, Nurburgring and Sardegna.
Sarthe is the prefered one, for its long straights, giving me time to sip my beer and keep the throttle wide open.

You're right. Grind what feels good and brings in the moolah rapidly. Though doing 1,180 miles in 2 days might indicate I have an issue 😂

Last edited:
I've been grinding Sarthe in GTS as well, for the ****** daily roulette. Used different cars every day, to keep it a bit fun.
There's 4 tracks I'm greatly enjoying. Spa, Sarthe, Nurburgring and Sardegna.
Sarthe is the prefered one, for its long straights, giving me time to sip my beer and keep the throttle wide open.

You're right. Grind what feels good and brings in the moolah rapidly. Though doing 1,180 miles in 2 days mupight indicate I have an issue 😂
My favourite tracks too, although Sarthe perhaps at bottom, with Spa and Nordschleife taking the top spots...

That 60 minute spa race is superb, so atmospheric.

Re tge Honda, I've been using it on basic tune too... someone posted one just adding ballast a certain way. I did add turbos, reconfigured it to copy praiano for tokyo, but I'm going to go back to basics with this one. It's a superb drive, particularly in vr. Just right amount of craziness !

Last edited:

You're right. Grind what feels good and brings in the moolah rapidly..

There is nothing I appreciate more than honesty.. THAT was a great post my bra'.. you preach to the choir.. can't count how many times i've been flying through the tunnel at TM, hit pause, took a sip of an adult beverage, got up, went to take a wiz, grabbed a bite to eat, came back, sat down, & picked up right where I left off.. all at 200MPH.. smh.. childs-play.. good stuff gentlemen.. LoL..

NW.

B80
My favourite tracks too, although Sarthe perhaps at bottom, with Spa and Nordschleife taking the top spots...

That 60 minute spa race is superb, so atmospheric.

Re tge Honda, I've been using it on basic tune too... someone posted one just adding ballast a certain way. I did add turbos, reconfigured it to copy praiano for tokyo, but I'm going to go back to basics with this one. It's a superb drive, particularly in vr. Just right amount of craziness !
I used Nordschleife a lot to setup cars in GTS. If you get a car setup right for it, that setup can be used on just about any other track as well. Not sure if that still holds in GT7, though.

I don't have the VR2 thing. Can't justify the 600 pop for just GT7 and the missus won't really appreciate me being in my own little VR world all the time 😁

There is nothing I appreciate more than honesty.. THAT was a great post my bra'.. you preach to the choir.. can't count how many times i've been flying through the tunnel at TM, hit pause, took a sip of an adult beverage, got up, went to take a wiz, grabbed a bite to eat, came back, sat down, & picked up right where I left off.. all at 200MPH.. smh.. childs-play.. good stuff gentlemen.. LoL..

NW.
There is no escaping the wiz, while drinking and driving. I make sure I'm on a straight when the point of wiz or clean up comes around.
Funny thing is, I can still race just fine after a few drinks, but when the wiz wants out, I make a lot of mistakes 😂

I tend to go in phases, as the mood takes me.

So I had a spell collecting every used car. When I'd done that I collected every car under 100k. Then everything under 200k. Along the way I've picked up every invitation car except the Pagani I'm still waiting for. That will fall my way eventually. I am in no rush.

Right now I'm running a Sardegna money-maker every day and spending my 700k on anything that looks interesting. E Type Jag? That will do nicely. Huracan. Aventador SV. Then a few laps in my new toy without changing the tuning.

At the moment I'm not bothering with the safety cars, the VGTs, the group 3s and 4s. Maybe later.

I ran the WTC800 race at Watkins Glen in the same stock Corvette C7 Gr3 that is my usual/go-to car for that circuit.

I've not done the race for a while, and promptly forgot to check the fuel map until I had already barrelled round Lap 1 on Fuel Map 1, only to find that I had 2.2 laps of fuel left :ouch: I switched to Fuel Map 6 and made it to the end of Lap 4, and then I stayed on 6 for the remainder of the race, just managing to finish the race before running out of fuel.

The race itself was a disaster anyway - I was tagged and almost spun at the hairpin in the middle of the circuit on Lap 4, and then the AI just completely wiped me out as I attempted to pit - not helped by the tight pit entry being on the racing line, but the AI just drove as if I wasn't there and clobbered me so hard I careered over the track and hit the wall of the left before coming to rest infront of the pit entry again. In some ways it was lucky, as had I missed the pit altogether, I'd have run out of fuel by the end of the straight. A bit shaken by this, I then inexplicably waited for ages before changing my tires. The net result was I finished 7th.

I then re-ran the race with the same car/conditions, and this time I went straight to fuel map 5 and stayed on that for the whole race. This allowed me to pit at the end of Lap 5 and this time I managed to avoid any AI altercations and won the race quite comfortably.

Not just today, more of "what did you do the last month?". Have switched permanently to manual gear shifts after a lifetime of only using automatic, in all driving games. Lap times now as fast as before, still room for improvement as I learn a bit more.

At first it was a bit awkward constantly thinking about what gear I should be in, but I am more comfortable now. The GTWS Spa event on Saturday was the longest race I've done with MT and no problems at all.

Using the Edge controller with back paddles for shifting.

A quick run at Deep Forest in the AMG Gr.4 car before work this morning. Only just saved enough fuel to make it and snuck past into first at the final chicane. Ran out of fuel about 100m from the finish line and managed to sneak the win by 0.3s. Wheel of (mis)fortune gave me 10k credits...

Just reach menu 38 and leave it for tomorrow.
Bought 2 cars ,one for nissan collection and the motul 16 wich i run for 700pp championship with same set up that ill use after 39 menu on le mans .
Was on intermediate tyres !! but works perfectly in order to win the 3 races .
From Saturday noon till monday late noon i think am in quite good way to open the way for griding and and not loose the cars i need from Legend cars menu .

Back on GT after a while, Horizon Forbidden West has kept me away (and will do it again). Today I decided to move on with my WTC800 custom championship and thus did three more events with the Enzo: Daytona, Suzuka and Fuji.

Daytona was a really bad race, with a lot of mistakes on my side possibly due to my long hiatus; however the Enzo is so dominant on a power track such as this that I still won with 30+ seconds of advantage. Suzuka was another story though: technical track where the Enzo kinda lacks compared to the opposition, also complemented by many mistakes again on my side, ended in P3 thus losing for the first time during the season (Mendoza won the race). And then the wet race at Fuji, one you cannot lose since the AI will basically start to pit between laps 2 and 4 to switch from full wets to intermediates, a one stopper led me to an easy win despite, once again, not being able to unleash the powerhouse that the Enzo is due to the bad weather. But, she's beautiful under the rain!

20970595109987497.jpg

Wheel of (Mis)Fortune welcomed me back with a whopping 10k in cash from a 4* ticket. Yay!

Last edited:
Today I did something kinda different, nerdy but cool..... :D
However, it is something I wanted for a while with my own rig setup.

1. Finally connected the PS5 to an audio extractor
2. Extracted the 7.1 audio output into my hardware mixer
3. Connected PS5 to Elgato Pro Mk2 for video capture on my desktop
4. Created a new 8-channel project within Cubase 11
5. Configured a multi-display analyzer for each audio channel
6. Now I can monitor/modify any games 7.1 audio from PS5 with various pro audio plugins

Last edited:
On the Plus account, I found the McLaren 650S Gr.4 very marginal at a (mostly-)dry Sarthe. It won't do 3 laps on FM1 despite not breaking 4:20, and the tires are marginal for a 7-lap stint. Still, with a lot of fuel saving, I managed a 1-stop win. The 4-star Wheel of Despair (breaking a 4-day streak of 3-stars) gave the low-showing 30,000 Cr., which seems like a massive win.

On the GTP account, it was a far-easier win at a dry Sarthe with the Toyota 86 Gr.4. While it has the same tire issue, it can do 4 laps on FM1, and on a quarter-tank of gas, 2-lap-old tires and a clear, dry track, it can do 4:20 dead. The 3-star Wheel of Despair showed up here today, bearing the low-showing 10,000 Cr.

Not much, just gave it a go at RBR on neoclassical café event. The rain has been a problem of course, not sure if I can have IMs with Praiano's tune for the 962C. Plus made a bunch of mistakes, I need to train a bit with that car on that event.

Got a 4 stars ticket which gave me a magnificent 10k, hooray...

Last edited:
Been grinding back the credits I've spent on the Ford Mark IV yesterday. Used the car itself for half the races and the RA272 for the remainder of the grind.
Took the Jaguar XJ13 the track, did one race with it and might mix it in the pool of Sarthe grind cars. The RA272 is still the favorite by a mile, though.

Completed the Honda extra menu to receive an SF19 Honda. Kept it for livery reasons as I have one already.

The daily roulette ticket (3 star), giving access to the wheel of eternal torment, added a whopping 10K credits to my account. With that addition I feel a lot more comfortable cars or parts shopping.

Just bought the Honda S800 '66 to complete one extra café menu, I've received a SF19

And finally bought the NSX '92, which allowed me to complete 2 extra café menus. Got a motor (Mazda 787B) and a NSX Gr.B.

Now I need to grind 4M to buy the Ford Mark IV before it is sold at LCD.

I bought the Ferrari 500 Mondoal Pinin Farina Coupe from the legendary car dealership.

Spent ages with it in the showroom in VR. The detail from PD it astonishing really. I read every sticker and gawped at the leather straps on the exhaust and the chipped and faded paintwork.

I then took it to Goodwood for a spin and wow it’s such a fun car to drive. I just kept going for just one more lap over and over.

Sure it’s got terrible suspension and some dodgy brakes put it’s just a wonderful feeling when you can hold the car in a controlled slide as the tyres squeal just below the limit.
Best 2.7 million credits I’ve spent.
Superb car to drive and look at in VR.

Last night I ran the Gr.2 SC430 GT500 at Spa 1-Hour. That car sounds like a SLS AMG. Beautiful sound. I still need to make a couple tweaks to the suspension to get my best times there, but it's such an OP car for that race. Lapped the whole field twice. Got 30k from the 4-star ticket.

Latest Posts

Back