What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,815 comments
Finally got my teeth into Sport Mode! 12 races and I've finally managed to get a GTO tuned sufficiently to qualify within 3 seconds of the pole sitter* and race reasonably competitively!

*excluding the VGT cars , obvs

Last edited:
Well, today I found out how nice it would be to have a pre-race weather forecast.
For the cafe menu, I had to do a 5 lap race at Suzuka. The first 3 laps were good, then on lap 4, the rain came down very heavy. My car was totally undrivable on slicks. I had no choice but to quit the race and go spend 28k on rain tires so I could start over.
Time and effort wasted. :grumpy:

Update: When I went back to the race, there was no rain.
I didn't know weather was random. I assumed it was pre-determined. :confused:

Last edited:
Played Sport mode for the first time, did a dozen races.

Beginning was hairy, being in E DR, but then got up to C. Still encountering poor etiquette there though.

Well this game is amaazing, truly feels like old school GT and then some, just recently chucked out some I-A licences & cafe menus assigments and unlocked some of the Missions section now.

I did first magic mountian ones, that fiat 500 mission, just managed to get Gold after the slowest race in the world, when you get to it you know what I mean. Some slick gearchanging and effective defensive blocking.

So far so good onto tomorrow races and licences. :cheers:

Last edited:
Today I only did enough circuit races to earn my roulette ticket (that got me $500k :))
Then completed the Moby Dick missions and got the 86.
Couldn't get all gold because of the stupid cones in a square mission.

Finished my last menu book and got ready to start doing some custom races, until I saw how little they pay. I'm doing missions instead, hoping they last long enough for an update that increases custom race rewards. I'm not too great at getting gold so hey, maybe if that update comes within a month I'll not be done with the missions yet.

Finished all licenses with gold today.

I bought an F40, tuned it up to the max and passed my S licence. now to tacle the AMG menu.
Aye me too!

f40.jpg

I did Fisherman's dirt race 7x for my roulette ticket (got a 1* and 2k cred... yay) and checked the UCD to find the only change is a GT-R that was also a prize car in the cafe mode. Turned the game off and played Elden Ring until I had to go to work. Thank god Elden released around the same time as GT7, lol

Did all the licenses late last night while very tired. Was TOTALLY thankful that Circuit de la Sarthe in pouring rain at night in a P1 car wasn't the final lol. Woke up today and did the cafes up to and including the Japanese rally based cars. I like this game.

I got punted and generally pushed about a lot in daily race B. Sport never changes and I question why I keep doing it sometimes ... 🤪

Got absolutely frustrated at the AI on rails constantly spinning me out and am now stuck on licenses and missions because of the tyre issues, so yeah, I'm done with this for now.

The biggest things I've done today:
  • Bought a GT-R Safety Car to see if it can be tuned to beat the final Mission Challenge drag race on Gold. It can.
  • Bought a Toyota TS050 to beat the Le Mans Mission Challenge race.
  • Cleared all Mission Challenges on Gold.
  • Bought a Genesis G70 Gr.4 and tuned it to perform as closely to a BTCC car as possible. Incredibly stable, consistent and dominant in the Brands Gr.4 race.

Last edited:
Done w/ cafe but I want to set up a car as my cash grinder. Been using the Gr4 Supra at high speed ring, but it's a little too ass happy to be a full-time grinder. Played with the setup and it's a lot better, but 1 in 6 races I'll miss the CRB because I backed into a wall or something. It would be nice if I knew what exactly I did to void the CRB.

So I'm now on this forum looking for suggestions. What Gr4 Race Car should I pick up and make my Grinder? Let's put a ring on that finger ;)

Done w/ cafe but I want to set up a car as my cash grinder. Been using the Gr4 Supra at high speed ring, but it's a little too ass happy to be a full-time grinder. Played with the setup and it's a lot better, but 1 in 6 races I'll miss the CRB because I backed into a wall or something. It would be nice if I knew what exactly I did to void the CRB.

So I'm now on this forum looking for suggestions. What Gr4 Race Car should I pick up and make my Grinder? Let's put a ring on that finger ;)
Corvette GR4 . I'm running one and usually get into the 1 min 17 secs with ease only assiists I use is ABS Weak , also add Nitro and pass every car before the first bend , saves them from bumping into you and killing your clean race bonus

Cafe was finished 3 or 4 days after launch.
But I just finished IA, not started with S license yet, other thing I did today was the Music Rally, I just finished the 4th Rally on goodwood and got gold, I'm thinking to finish the missions part but some of those are also pretty hard

Last edited:
Corvette GR4 . I'm running one and usually get into the 1 min 17 secs with ease only assiists I use is ABS Weak , also add Nitro and pass every car before the first bend , saves them from bumping into you and killing your clean race bonus
I picked up the Gr4 Genesis G70. It's more stable than the Supra but still consistent 16.2 - 16.5. I picked up the Gr4 Viper. Even better. 14.9 was my best but 15.5 consistently. I kept the RH tires, added 200kg ballast (-10 to the front I think) and dropped the power down to 95ish so that I'd get below 630PP. I will fiddle with the setup a little as I go, but she's worthy right now.

Back