What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,892 comments
On the GTP account, I did some practice for tomorrow's GTWS race, getting a 1:56.7. The insulting no-cash 4-star Wheel of Despair gave some titanium; at least it was for an engine for which I could use it. For cash, I ran the loaner Corvette Gr.4 one more time at Sarthe.

On the Plus account, I survived as misread of the radar in the Renault Megane Trophy at Sarthe, holding off a perfect McEwen. The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave more titanium

I won the WTC600 at Tokyo Expressway at my third attempt.

I used a stock LFA and figured out that running TCS 2 for the first stint and TCS 1 for the second made a bug difference. I also ran FM 2/3 for the race to minimise refuelling time and I pitted end Lap 6 from the lead.

I was definitely 'over-driving' around this circuit, and as a result I was continually running wide out of the dry(ing) line and was hitting barriers left, right and centre. Slowing down a bit made the whole thing much, much smoother and ultimately saved a huge amount of time. It was still a tight race though, but I won by a couple of seconds.

-

Bagged 825,000 Cr. from the WTC700 using the A220 Race Car '68 - easy win with that, even using lean fuel maps.

Last edited:
I bought 2 of each of the new cars, engine swapped a Jimny and my youngest son helped me create a livery for it. Took a 2014 XFR? Jag to LeMans. That's a really fast car and I was able to get 3 laps at FM6. Engine swapped a Trueno and started on livery for it. Got 10k from a ⭐⭐⭐ 🎟️

Today was a decent session and aimed for gold and almost got it!

Firstly as I logged in I was gretting by a cafe message with Sarah luring me in. As the guy I am, I was liek hmm ok then.
Was greeting then with a nice Bday cake and gift of a nice green Alfa! very cool was about to buy this car and got it for free yay!
Luca does make a nice bday cake yum yum! My bday is still a week away inteh real world though lol.

Moved onto the nations cup race 2 in the cappucinos and started off well in the qualifying session. This car was quite tricky to master as it literally had no power, was strongly dependat on drafting and slistreaming the long straights. Finished 6th and was happy.

Then moved back to the EVO TT, really liek this one as your bashign this Lancer aoround RBR and some of the corenrs are choppy to say the least if you dont get a good lead inot the corner. Especially the last two corners are curcial to a good time and no invoking a bs penalty. This online TT has very strictness and it took me almost 13 laps to get a smooth time.

Played around with my tuned EVO, have to tun my newly acquired ALFA GULIA GTAm tomo and push it around the shakewdon zone.

GOOD TIMES and look forward to RACE 3 at Sardegna of the Nations Cup!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240229220611.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240302163432.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240302153258.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240302153336.jpg

Bought all the Lambos today trying to complete my collection which is now at 403/494. I also drove nearly 500 miles working on the Tokyo Expressway CEs. While I'm happy to say that I finally managed to gold 5 out 6 of those ridiculous CEs. The Central Counterclockwise one is a🤬pain. Other than the dirt tracks, I don't think any of the other CEs have annoyed and frustrated me as much. I raged quite the game for the day after spending over half of those miles trying to gold that 1 freaking lap. I'm a little over half second shy of the target time and I'm struggling to figure out where I can find it when any little wall brush means GAME OVER :banghead:...and those 🤬head popups saying "good job keep trying" is annoying af.

I spent the evening racing exclusively French cars online. One race in particular was immense, 2 Pallas vs a Gordini vs a V6 Clio vs an R4 round Goodwood. Incredibly close fight from start to finish, it was sensational. This is what GT7 is about, and some people seem annoyed that these cars are even in the game? I'll never understand it!

I spent the evening racing exclusively French cars online. One race in particular was immense, 2 Pallas vs a Gordini vs a V6 Clio vs an R4 round Goodwood. Incredibly close fight from start to finish, it was sensational. This is what GT7 is about, and some people seem annoyed that these cars are even in the game? I'll never understand it!
IMHO . . . they are cars, this is a racing game, and running these types of cars is quite fun. You did not mention one of my favorites . . . the Alpine cars.

The write-up of my first Sport win ("controversial" as it was) is over on the GTWS thread. If it wasn't for the fact that most of the field was shifting at the redline, I don't think I would have won. The 4-star was the usual Wheel of Despair, giving the lowest-possible 10,000 Cr.

On the Plus account, I did the Saturday Daily Races in rentals. Daily Race A saw me start 10th (the 2nd of 3rd to not take a qualifying time) in an all-D room. I took advantage of a crash in the bus stop to get up to 6th, but binned it there on the last lap to end up 10th. The game kicked me out of the room just before the time expired and awarded me nothing - no cash, no miles, and no credit for the race.

Attempt #2 started off much the same, 11th of 12 (2nd of 3 who didn't take a time) in a mixed C/D room. After dropping back to avoid the early carnage, I made it up to 5th and almost had 4th.

I rented a Corvette Gr.3 at Bathurst and set off 15/last, the 2nd of 2 who didn't take a time, in an all-D/S room. After doing a 3-RM/7-RS strategy, I crossed the line 7th after failing to take 5th a couple laps earlier as I went off at the end of Conrod Straight. Fortunately, somebody forgot to change tires, so I came home 6th with a bit of DR boost.

I hit Grand Valley with a Corvette Gr.4., starting 15th/last (2nd car to not take a time) in a mixed C/D room (or, by the time the race started, 14th/last). Thanks solely to a pair of DNFs and the other two back-markers taking themselves out in the last left-hander, I finished 10th.

Though the last race spilled over to Sunday, it wasn't enough to give me a second Wheel of Despair. The one I got (4-star) was for a semi-racing muffler. :yuck:

Yesterday ran the new Sunday cup in an alpine, the European cup in a Ferrari 430 and the Japanese cup iny engine swapped ek97 honda, took the Evo9 too to RedBull ring I'm firmly in the silver times in practice, haven't actually posted a lap time. Daily wheel gave me an exhaust pipe.

Today did XTrial did 2 laps, daily wheel 5k.

I did a little bit of grinding yesterday. My wife and children are staying with her aunt & uncle for a few days so I have the house to myself. So of course my only plan is to play PS5 uninterrupted 🤣 . I took a swapped Trueno & 95 McLaren GTR to Lemans. Then I took the LM55 and the same McLaren to Sardegna. My 1st race with the Trueno was much closer than it needed to be because on lap 4 it started to rain hard so I was going to pit and crashed into the pit barrier and I was trying to back up but couldn't so I got put on track just past the pit lane. So put in reverse and went back to the pi lane and cam out in 20th. Since the rain was very hard I went from 20th to 4th at the 1st chicane because they all crashed except for the 2 leading cars. There was a yellow flag and I didn't pass any cars on the track and I passed the two leading cars right as the yellow flag disappeared. I was able to win the race by like 1.30 seconds over Haywood. It should have been that close but I didn't really tune the Trueno so it was kinda oversteery and drove like a drift car so I had a few spin outs along the way. The race with McLaren went well. When I took it to Sardegna I was surprised at how well it did because the last time I used it there it was a struggle. I was able to do a one stop run with it. The LM55 was a beast. It was quick at FM2 and barely used the tires. I saw that I could do a no stop with it so I might try that next time.. Got 10k cr from 🌟🌟🌟🌟🎫

I did 30 mins of driving for a pathetic 5,000 Cr. :ouch:

I made the worst strategy call ever at the WTC600 at Le Sarthe.

I was winning comfortably and then the rain hit - I struggled back to the pits but realised that the rain, while still on, was going to stop - so I stayed on slicks, believing I could just crawl round Lap 6 and then by Lap 7 the track would be dry again. Wrong.

The track was too wet to run on slicks at any speed other than dead slow, and the AI soon caught and passed me. Even on Lap 7, I figured I'd just finish and take the Cr., but it was so frustrating and annoying that I quit. To add insult to injury, I got a 3* ticket for my trouble which paid out 5,000 Cr.

I did 30 mins of driving for a pathetic 5,000 Cr. :ouch:

I made the worst strategy call ever at the WTC600 at Le Sarthe.

I was winning comfortably and then the rain hit - I struggled back to the pits but realised that the rain, while still on, was going to stop - so I stayed on slicks, believing I could just crawl round Lap 6 and then by Lap 7 the track would be dry again. Wrong.

The track was too wet to run on slicks at any speed other than dead slow, and the AI soon caught and passed me. Even on Lap 7, I figured I'd just finish and take the Cr., but it was so frustrating and annoying that I quit. To add insult to injury, I got a 3* ticket for my trouble which paid out 5,000 Cr.
I learned that last awhile ago I would rather pit and switch to wets or inters and not need them than bypassing the pits. While the AI in the lead cars has super all season radial racing tires and can pull away from you like it's not even raining you can't. That's like waiting for the time to run out on the 6th lap and not realizing you cut it too close and coming in 4th at the end of the race 🤣 🤣 🤣 which happened to me once

kjb
I learned that last awhile ago I would rather pit and switch to wets or inters and not need them than bypassing the pits. While the AI in the lead cars has super all season radial racing tires and can pull away from you like it's not even raining you can't. That's like waiting for the time to run out on the 6th lap and not realizing you cut it too close and coming in 4th at the end of the race 🤣 🤣 🤣 which happened to me once
Lol, I've tried that strategy (of trying to run down the clock) with mixed results - that mix being a choice of two words, "YES!" and a more sweary one that I can't repeat here.

That said, I love the fact that the weather can still catch us out, even after loads of successful races. The thing I'm really annoyed about is that I was so horribly incapable of dealing with the wrong strategy, and got annoyed at myself and quit on the last lap. Stupid really.

Lol, I've tried that strategy (of trying to run down the clock) with mixed results - that mix being a choice of two words, "YES!" and a more sweary one that I can't repeat here.

That said, I love the fact that the weather can still catch us out, even after loads of successful races. The thing I'm really annoyed about is that I was so horribly incapable of dealing with the wrong strategy, and got annoyed at myself and quit on the last lap. Stupid really.
Yeah that happens sometimes. I almost quit yesterday when I crashed into the pit lane barrier and got transported to outside the pit lane. Normally something like that happens I quit but I didn't last night but that was mainly because I had to time to do so

I did the GT Cup Gr.3 race at Mt. Panorama. While I didn't get the CRB, I did get P1. Next, I'm thinking of getting around to the online time trial featuring the Lancer Evolution IX at Red Bull Ring. I've already put in an excellent time for the time trial with the Ford Roadster at Grand Valley South Reverse, so I plan to collect 2m this Thursday.

Yesterday I ran the last two Vision GT races at Tokyo and Monza. And I must say that new orange Hyundai VGT is very harsh to drive, at least telemetry-ly speaking. Not really fun at all except passing the AI like they are standing still once she gets into mid range RPMs.

I also did a quick run in the Ford @ Grand Valley for the time trial. I did alright considering about 1.3-1.5 back from the aliens. I then went back to the Lan Evo @ Red Bull and had a great lap get (barely and I mean BARELY) binned at the last turn, was a 1:46.160 >_< I probably have a 10:1 ratio of clean laps tbh :lol:

Jerome

Spent pretty much all my credits on the Ferrari f50( or 40?) from the legendary dealer, having less than 100k credits left... Did my miles on the lancer time trial, 4 star ticket.... My reward: 10k credits 😂😅

I hunted down some races I'd either not won or not even tried.
Lake Louise in a Group B Rally car, hadn't tried this before but kinda know the track already and have a bit of a thing going with rally cars using the gears to get the nose to turn in sharp (would probably have valves hitting pistons in real life); pikes peak Audi saw this race thrashed away in quick time.
Group B at Willow Springs I'd tried this previously and only managed to podium before. Prepped a Honda NSX as a tarmack special and after a lap one restart made good progress on a single stop strategy, won by 6 seconds.
Grand Valley in a group 1 car came next, broke out the Porsche 962c which is first legend I bought in the game, with a mid boost turbo and made progress restarting 3 times due to catastrophic errors. Fourth attempt saw me keep the car pointing forward throughout and having enough straight line speed to finish 1st with a 14 second lead, picked up some penalties for contact including one where I almost scooped a Sauber up my bonnet as he all but stopped in front of me but still won.
Combined income about 250k for a bit under an hour, I wonder why I'd ignored these races.......
Daily wheel got me excited with 6 star ticket, end up getting a Nissan GTr engine worth 325k so could have been worse.

Back