What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,889 comments
Just did weekly races without anything else.
Very tired from work and will continue and today .
Class of Titans race will find me in a messy situation today .
And i haven't touch my pink Porsche for days 🥴 .

5/5 at Fuji in the Jaguar XK9, no stops rain never materialized won by 55 seconds.
WTC at LeMans in the Aston DP, 4 laps before pitting. 2 more laps and pits again, 2 more laps finish in 32mins.
Notice the TT time has sunk so did another few laps didn't improve.

Was getting a bit close to the credit limit, so I had to “invest” some of it. 😎

IMG_5139.jpeg

IMG_5141.jpeg

IMG_5143.jpeg

IMG_5145.jpeg

Last edited:
Today I bashed out a good session:

• Firstly, did some of the wekly challnge races, first clubman race and knocked up 100,000cr.
  • Then move to Sport mode and netted my Manufacturers cup reward of 3.3mill for my Racing result (see pics below)
  • Third, did the Chaprell VGT TT and improved my tiem ever s much but it a good time. Getting closer.

• Then the main even was the Manufacturers Cup race Season 3, Round 4 at Nurburgring Endurance.
  • The qualifying was chaos as a swiss guy has humegous lag and was ping png all over the palce and hit me on my second lap run during the qualys and messed up the run. But I still managed to qualify to 9th place start on the grid.
  • A tense Race ensued with plenty of jostling at the start of the circuit and the usual suspects careening and ramming into muppets. I tend to perservere and held my ground, and progressed when entering the main nurburg bit at 3rd place.
  • I jostled from lap to lap 2 for 3rd palce, frequently battled with a guy called Josetxin34 on his Lancer Evo Final Gr.3, but the Lexus had the pace as my Racing hard tyres started to decline from lap 2 to lap 3.
  • A Mclaren messed up and lost positons, but I moved on and held my positon through lap 3.
  • A full on video will be uplaoded shortly of my run if anyone would like to watch. Pretty happy wth my end result and overall league finish. I am getting better overall in these races and hope to improve my DR & SR rankings more.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240323200715.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240323112610.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240323115401.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240323115448.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240323200723.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240323115315.jpg

Finally got the video up took awhile becuase of HDR off the PS5, grab a cuppa and some crackers and cheese - ENJOY!

ENJOY THE CLIP...!

Last edited:
As I missed yesterday, I started with the fresh set of Weekly Challenges on the GTP account while waiting for 10 am to show up for the first Manufacturers Cup GT3 slot. The first races went as follows:
  • Sardegna European Sunday Cup 500 in 3:36 (by 1.7 seconds over an AMG A 45) with a stock 1973 Porsche 911, after finding the Mercedes 190 E a bit too slow
  • Laguna Seca Japanese Clubman Cup in an "unclean" 5:18 (by 1.1 seconds over an Evo IX) with a stock 2022 Honda Civic (though I don't know where I lost the CRB)
  • Daytona Special Event in 6:47 (by 0.9 seconds) with an almost-stock 1970 Plymouth Superbird (full LSD left untouched and a custom manual non-racing transmission with the first 4 gears at the stock 2.650/1.930/1.390/1.000, 5th gear at an absurdly-high ratio so I wouldn't use it, and the final drive at 2.500 (which gives about 160 mph in 4th at the redline)
I only added the LSD because the open differential left me spinning the rear tires too much. It's not as fast as the AI through the twisty part of the track, but it makes up so much ground on the tri-oval part that it's not funny. Completely stock didn't cut it, while a run with a shovel-nose front end (B), racing transmission, full LSD, a 5-speed and SH tires was too easy.

It took so much time to get the formula right for a competitive race with as close to a stock feel, I blew right past the 10 am GTWS slot. I picked up my 300,000 Cr. from the first 3 Weekly Challenges and the "high-showing"/2nd-lowest-possible 10,000 Cr. from a 3-star Wheel of Despair.

I hit the 11 am GTWS race, with 20 points to the winner. I started 13th of 15 (1st of 3 to not even start a flying lap), and thought I had mistakenly left intermediates on lap 1. The game didn't tell me that it put hards back on, and I missed the clue that there was no wear). I ended up quitting out and hitting the noon race, with more points up for offer as most of the drivers were C (though lower SR).

That write-up is over in the GTWS thread. It was a bone-dry race, and though I had no speed, I ended up 9th and with more points than if I had won the aborted 11 am race.

The Suzuka Turbo Sports Cars race is incredibly variable. The run I finally won, with the Maserati MC20 (one of the many post-launch cars you might see in the field) was dry, with the RE Amemiya and Mercedes-AMG GT S the main opposition. That was done in 11:48, 3.1 seconds ahead of the RE Amemiya.

After applying the latest Praiano Sardegna tune (but keeping the old Praiano 800 PP gearing) to the Porsche 962 C, I dominated an essentially-dry Fuji Neoclassical Challenge, winning by 38.4 seconds in 16:48, though I somehow lost the CRB along the way.

On the Plus account, I blitzed the challenges as follows:
  • Sardegna European Sunday Cup 500 in 2:47 with a 2021 Aston Martin Valkyrie
  • Laguna Seca Japanese Clubman Cup in 5:07 with a 2010 Lexus LFA
  • Daytona Special Event in 6:03 with a 1970 Plymouth Superbird fully-tuned (no supercharger or engine swap) on SS tires (666.68 PP), at a cost of 290,550 Cr.
  • Suzuka Race of Turbo Sportscars in a dry 11:29 with a 2019 Ferrari F8 Tributo by only 1.3 seconds against a Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm that gets stupid-fast when you get close and a Maserati MC20 that gets almost as stupid-fast if it's close the last 2 laps
  • Fuji Neoclassical Challenge in a dry 16:06 with a 1991 Mazda 787B tuned to exactly 800 PP
The 4-star Wheel of Despair was more cruel than usual - instead of gold bars or a decent car, it gave me nitrous.

Have found that that not all vgt cars have interior. What a shame. Peugeot vgt gt3 is so beautiful from outside but without interior no driving immersion

Finally picked up the game after almost 2 weeks and completed the Weekly Challenges.

Now we wait for the update later this week.

At Le Mans track, all the AI were oblivion to the obvious incoming heavy rain, so I pitted for Intermediate. That dropped me to 20th place, but then I caught up to the 1st guy within the lap, watched all of them sliding around and won the race by more than a minute.

My GT7 endeavour today was focused around Autopolis Super Formula race as I've not previously won here. Honda SF19 this time I had a choice of tyres. Expecting rain but it dry at the start went out with soft slicks did four laps and it started to rain I pitted early hit the pit lane wall and was dropped about 6 places, retry.

Second time out same scenario pitted safely this time, rain lasted less than one lap so tyres where needing changing again at lap 6. Retry

Same scenario stayed out on the soft til lap 5, put of some mediums when everyone else was coming in for first changes, ran till the end, one slowish lap and then I'm on top the cars that put wets on. However one car didn't stop and was about 48 seconds ahead when I'd pitted, guess he stayed out on slicks throughout. I made slow progress catching him and then rapidly started gaining on him lap 12, 13 and caught him on 14 assume he cooked his tyres as I went past him like he was standing still.

A win all be it assisted by knowledge of the weather but I've yet to see a formula 1 race where they don't have ten minutes notice of the approach of rain.

On the GTP account, I barely defended France's honor with the Bugatti Veyron Gr.4. The weather tricked me into pitting for intermediates on lap 2, only for the rain to never really allow for them to work properly. I ended up passing Portilla for good at the Mulsanne Corner on lap 7, holding him and the rest of the top 5 off.

The 4-star Wheel of Despair was worse than usual, giving a racing muffler. At least it was for an engine for which I could use it.

On the Plus account, I went to the other side of the French power/weight equation and grabbed a Renault Megane Gr.4. It wasn't quite as close, but again the weather was not overly conducive. Instead of pitting for either fuel or intermediates on lap 3, I stayed out, hoping the rain wouldn't last long and I could stretch the fuel. Both happened as hoped, and I regained the lead for good as the front-runners pitted on lap 6.

The 5-star ticket gave a Honda NSX Gr.B. As I didn't partake in the jubilee on that account, I hung onto it for tuning purposes.

To get ready for the GT One I took it for a spin in Project Cars 2 it was fun. Then I went back to GT7 and took the Lambo VGT to Sardegna. I was able to get 7 laps on FM6 so I had to pit again on lap 14. That car is very good on tires as I didn't change the tires at either pit stop. Got a S bore up for NSX 02 from a 4 🌟 🎫. I may try the Lambo at LeMans some time or other.

kjb
To get ready for the GT One I took it for a spin in Project Cars 2 it was fun. Then I went back to GT7 and took the Lambo VGT to Sardegna. I was able to get 7 laps on FM6 so I had to pit again on lap 14. That car is very good on tires as I didn't change the tires at either pit stop. Got a S bore up for NSX 02 from a 4 🌟 🎫. I may try the Lambo at LeMans some time or other.
Am ready already for the GT one and if is " good " ill buy some copies to have enough.
I never felt so hungry to try a new car from any update till now .
With 4-5 griding races more ,ill be good .

Am ready already for the GT one and if is " good " ill buy some copies to have enough.
I never felt so hungry to try a new car from any update till now .
With 4-5 griding races more ,ill be good .
I want to at least grab 2 if not more. I am hoping it is in the price range the Group C cars. If it cost more than 8 million credits I might get one or just wait on it.

kjb
I want to at least grab 2 if not more. I am hoping it is in the price range the Group C cars. If it cost more than 8 million credits I might get one or just wait on it.
I hope not to be so ridiculous expensive, the only car at that group i have only twice , is the Mercedes one that i added the second just few days ago.
Yesterday, today and tomorrow my time will be only for griding for the GT one.
I hope not to be disappointed from his performance and if is price is " logical" ill grab some and as a future investment.

In 48 hours we will know 😁 .

I think the performance should be good. I hope to do some grinding myself the next few days. It should give me a chance to try some different cars at Sardegna & LeMans

Well, for today ??.. so far nada!.. but last night I took my trusty Enzo2 (E2) to Trial Mountain/HCP X5.. beat the hell out of the field no matter what they brought.. (3 out of 5 CRB's though.. those tail draggers from the start of the race (lap-1) somehow manage to get in my way & just makes me smh..LoL) How that car can be a road car still amazes me.. it's so fast.. Anyways, more to come, and hmmmm, I just might even bench E2 for a second and fool around with some of my other rides, we'll see.. Until then, enjoy the day/night gentlemen!

Preview of my E2.. took off the OZ's & red Brembo's from E1.. replaced them with OEM Ferrari wheels & Brembo's are now Gold!.. not that it matters that much, but I do like the cleaner OEM look..

NW.

Last edited:
Today did WTC800 at Nurburg Ring, 3 laps little bit under 24mins, Jaguar XJR9, FM3 racing mediums. Won by 85 seconds, didn't rain, little bit of overcast end of 1 begining of 2. The kerbs are rather savage in this beast. 3* ticket gave me 5k.

Today I designed a special event for our lobby races and therefore did a few laps with a Stratos on the Barcelona rally cross course. Afterwards I looked for a livery to make it palatable for the old titans.
We'll see...

On the GTP account, it was a slow, wet run at Sarthe in the Renault Megane Trophy. The 4-star Wheel of Despair puked out its usual low-showing/lowest-possible 10,000 Cr.

On the Plus account, it was a faster, damp run at Sarthe in the Alpine A220 Race Car. The 4-star was anything but a Wheel of Despair, as it gave me (extends pinky finger) 1,000,000 Cr.

Today I completed the Gone With the Wind set of missions. Tha last one left was the 30 minutes race at High Speed Ring.
18e7de9e0ea57-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_438146337294514_1711509130056.jpg

And that reward car is a keeper, for sure.

Also bought another BMW CSL 73 with a special color.
18e7de9a20184-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_438144556104638_1711502172283.jpg

Last edited:
I took the Lambo VGT to LeMans. Great grinding car can be used at LeMans & Sardegna. I do think that you get better fuel at LeMans as you can go 6 laps in a dry race versus 7 laps at Sardegna. I started working on my S license and finished Monza. Right now I'm aiming for bronze will eventually go back and try for gold. Got another Bugatti invite 🙄🙄 from a ⭐⭐⭐⭐🎫

I tried three different cars at the Neo-Classic race at Fuji, but could only manage 2nd place - good enough to complete the challenge, but nowhere near a win. I tried the McLaren F1 BMW, the CLK Merc and the 787B - and only the latter was good enough for a podium. I was using it stock, and it understeers pretty badly, so badly that I ran so wide that I almost hit the barrier at Spoon Curve, which isn't even at Fuji.

I have won the race before, but I don't recall in which car - I think I got lucky with the weather the last time, but in each case recently it has stayed dry enough for slicks for the whole race, and I couldn't get anywhere near the leader.

Latest Posts

Back