What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,885 comments
Today did WTC800 at high speed ring 5/5 of weekly challenge in the Merc CLK, stretched run one out to 14 laps and then blasted the final 6 laps to win by a lap, then took the G4 Bugatti to LeMans as a way of testing for the single lap, I have no idea how you could get anywhere close to 4:13 in this car it's painfully slow down the straights and slides terribly in the high speed bends. Each lap would be a bronze time but that's slow by my usual runs round LeMans, guess that's just 250k for me this week. Kept the daily ticket but opened the 5* weekly challenge ticket, won a red bull x2019, likely will sell this.

I threw on Joe Rogan's Green Room playlist and ran the weekly challenges for a 2nd time but with vehicles I had 0 miles on. Did the challenges in order and after the 3rd one I got another 6-star marathon roulette ticket. Just a Highlift camshaft S this time. The first run I wasn't that concerned with CRB. This time I was focused on driving clean and the CRB.

I have no idea what the purpose is of checking this weather map before a race because it never shows me anything different on weather races no matter how many times I've checked it.
18e4f8bf47954-screenshotUrl.jpg

You can see my first round with the weekly challenges and cars used for P1 on Hard Difficulty here.

2nd Attempt at Weekly Challenges on Hard Difficulty - Results and Thoughts:
18e4f89b4bd53-screenshotUrl.jpg
18e4f89ea9518-screenshotUrl.jpg

Mazda 3 '19 - 550PP - Sport Hard Tires - All Track - 1.31
Enjoyable car all around and overkill for the race. With such a small payout and short race, I'm not that concerned with choosing a competitive car or the CRB. I was more concerned with driving a tuned car that I hadn't tried yet.
18e4f8a122534-screenshotUrl.jpg
18e4f8a2a9684-screenshotUrl.jpg

Mazda 3 '19 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Track - SWAP -1.34
The engine-swapped version was fun and blasted through Bathurst and secured the CRB.
18e4f8a454968-screenshotUrl.jpg
18e4f8a72de81-screenshotUrl.jpg

Audi TT Coupé 3.2 Quattro '03 - 600PP - Sport Hard Tires - All Tracks -1.32
The stock version of this vehicle at 600pp made this much more of a challenge. I was in 3rd towards the end of the last lap and believe I lost the CRB pushing hard to try to get P1. I think if I wasn't as concerned with CRB I likely would have finished P1.
18e4f8b2a0f28-screenshotUrl.jpg
18e4f8afeda99-screenshotUrl.jpg

Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1 '19- 800 PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Track - 1.32
The cockpit view and engine sound are what you would hope for from a newer sports car. I did secure the CRB. But I wouldn't attempt this tuning in its current state. The vehicle pulls to the left when shifting between gears 2-4 in the straightaway. Both the stock setting and tuning here you have to be very easy on the throttle when turning. The vehicle has potential but tuning needs adjusting.
18e4f8bdaad2-screenshotUrl.jpg
18e4f8bbcce98-screenshotUrl.jpg

Honda NSX GT500 '08 - 800PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Tracks - 1.32
After a couple of laps at FM6 it looked like I could pull off a no-stop race based on fuel and tires. However, after fuel saving for most of the race, I noticed I still was only going to get 19 laps out of fuel. So I pitted after lap 16 and overfueled so I could finish the remaining race at FM1. Not sure where I lost the CRB. I would use this vehicle at FM2 for a 1 stop with no tire change. I have lucked out on my first 2 attempts at this weekly challenge with no rain worthy of a tire change.

3rd Attempt at Weekly Challenges on Hard Difficulty - Results and Thoughts:
18e5138017865-screenshotUrl.jpg
18e5138210575-screenshotUrl.jpg
Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA) '89 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Tracks -SWAP - 1.35
The setting was really nice on Tsukuba. Enjoyable drive and also got the CRB.
18e5138639d31-screenshotUrl.jpg
18e513877e532-screenshotUrl.jpg
Subaru WRX STI S '14 - 700 PP - Racing Hard tires - All Track - 1.34
Very dominant tuning and an amazing drive. The vehicle is so good for Bathurst. Destroyed the competition and obtained the CRB.
18e513896b196-screenshotUrl.jpg
18e5138f51784-screenshotUrl.jpg
Audi TT Coupe 14 setting inspired by a Swap setting
I couldn't find a tuning for the stock vehicle post-update 1.31. So I purchased all Engine Tuning upgrades. Same Bodywork upgrades as the Swap link above. Same suspension, LSD, ECU, and Ballast numbers. Got all the other upgrades from the swap but also added the Racing Intercooler and Carbon Propellor Shaft. The gearbox I slightly adjusted. I just subtracted 10 from each gear's speed. So the first gear is 108 and 6th gear is 320. It worked well and got the CRB.
18e5139126c60-screenshotUrl.jpg
18e51392a0e64-screenshotUrl.jpg
Dodge Viper GTS '13 - 700PP - Racing hard Tires - All Track - 1.34
Understandably not going to be as powerful as the Chiron Engine swapped version. But still is a fun drive at 700pp. One of my favorite cars in the game now.
18e51394cc273-screenshotUrl.jpg
18e51395dc363-screenshotUrl.jpg
Jaguar F-Type GR3 - Maxed PP - Racing Soft Tires - All track - 1.42
Hated this car and tuning for this race. Extremely difficult drive. Adjusted the Brake Sensitivity to 35 which helped a little. But I still had numerous spinouts and accidents. I was determined to finish the race so I could log some miles on this car and likely never drive it again. lol. The finishing position was awful but somehow I still got the CRB despite numerous collisions.

Attachments

• 18e4f8afeda99-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18e4f8afeda99-screenshotUrl.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
So today I put in a solid bronze time in the G4 Veyron on LeMans TT; also did the TT at Sardinia in the Ferrari Dino and banked a bronze in two laps.
Did 30mins at LeMans in a G4 McClaren 650 for money, won a 3* ticket and 825k few spots of rain little on the track single stop slicks both stints.
Went to Spa 1hr took the Merc CLK, and easy win to be fair, rain started at the end of lap6 on and off through the night back on slicks shortly after dawn.
Same car High Speed Ring WTC800, rain came on lap 11 and robbed me of the fastest laps I had planned initially raining very hard 3/4 standing water, then flipping between light showers and overcast,it was dry on lap 19, didn't stop just plodded on, won by a lap.
Finally back to LeMans this time in the Alpine A220. Lap 1 I got rammed from behind from fifth into the gravel trap and back on the track in twelfth. Took the lead as I finished lap3, everyone Infront of me at that time having pitted. Came in for fuel end of lap 4 for fuel weather was just overcast so slicks and as soon as I rejoin the track spots of rain that turned into a deluge by the end of the lap. rains on and it's back to overcast again!!! Fortunately found enough puddles to stay out, 7laps completed, waited just a few seconds to cross the finish line bang on 30mins, won by 58 seconds.
Opened all 4 tickets I've had recently, 2x3* and 2x4*, won 4x10k yay!

On the GTP account, I missed out on an 8-lap run at Sarthe with the BMW M3 GT by 9 seconds. The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the low-showing/lowest-possible 10,000 Cr.

On the Plus account, it was the Alfa Romeo 155's turn at a somewhat-wet Sarthe. The...you guessed it...3-star Wheel of Despair \, which puked out the "high-showing" 10,000 Cr. At least I have enough to get any one of the three 20,000,000-Cr. unicorns I need to complete the collection.

IMG_1566.jpeg

Spa in the 458 Italia. I’ve done a 2:16 in time trials (I worked all morning for a 2:18) but not consistently. Races are an entirely different story, if a car as much as brushes up against me, I’m in the wall.
The Mercedes AMG GT3 is a much easier, more consistent drive for me.

Today I took a MK1 Mini Cooper and ruined it. Snappy oversteering mess that now goes rapidly in the wrong direction the moment you breathe on the brakes. Went to brands hatch in it and would have died several times. I'm thinking diff braking settings as the right front locks up persistently.
Then did Sardinia wtc800 to replace the wasted credits.
4* ticket = G4 Bugatti...,. Thats going up for sale.

I didn't really get a chance to race but I decided I didn't like the livery I downloaded for the TS050 I decided to create my own. I got as far painting the car, giving it a number and putting one decal on before I started getting sleepy. Also I couldn't how what I wanted to do as far the livery was concerned so I turned my PS5 and went to bed. :lol:

kjb
I didn't really get a chance to race but I decided I didn't like the livery I downloaded for the TS050 I decided to create my own. I got as far painting the car, giving it a number and putting one decal on before I started getting sleepy. Also I couldn't how what I wanted to do as far the livery was concerned so I turned my PS5 and went to bed. :lol:
Do i see......GOD symptoms ? 🤣

I'm normally not a fan of aids, but in my quest to get cars to drift as smooth as possible in torrential rain... anyways
Discovered that CSA turns off below 25mph. Regardless of what you do, only switches back on at 25mph. Interesting hard limit probably to do with the physics engine...

Also fun to realise you can change from manual to auto at any time. I like that.

Last edited:
Today had a look for races not won, super formula Atlanta, I took a SF Honda 19 on medium tyres to work on this course, decided to try and not stop, fuel management suggested I could manage it so FM4 and used the back markers as a braking aid, by lap 9 i was fourth then cars started to pit. Crossed the winnings line 23 seconds ahead with half a lap of fuel left and a tiny bit of rear left tyre leftover.
Got a 5* ticket that yeilded a Jaguar G4 f class race car.
Then ran Spa 800 1hr for 1.5m credits in the Merc CLK. rained before dark, drying through the night came in for slick in the morning and then the radar showed massive rain storms again so back in for wets. Last 3 laps back on slicks and turned fuel save off, lapped everything on track, the Porsche in last place 3 laps adrift.

Rear tires were gone, ran out of patient and I spun out right before the finish line.
So I did what Takumi did in his last race: reverse to the Finish Line. :lol:
Almost took out the flag checker guy in process.

Last edited:
I race the Manufacturer Cup in a harder lobby since I just became C, then I ended in 10th, I'm thinking if I try another race.

On the GTP account, I did some official practice laps at Bathurst in the Manufacturers Cup rental Chevrolet Corvette Gr.3, eventually setting a (s)low time of 2:07.7. As I missed all the early slots and the next one wasn't for another hour, I took my 4-star Wheel of Despair and its high-showing/2nd-lowest-legal 30,000 Cr., and the Corvette Gr.3 I don't have reserved for either the Manufacturers Cup or Nations Cup to Sardegna for the usual grind, though not the usual rest of the podium. Grady in the Audi R8 Evo and Mendoza in the Aston Martin rounded out the top 3, while Fraga was 9th and Portilla was 16th.

The Manufacturers Cup race was slow and not clean, though (other than blasting through somebody's ghost that was stalled right in the racing line on Brock's Skyline) everything was self-inflicted, and I did gain a couple net points.

On the Plus account, it took many restarts to avoid SuperDuperFraga and get a win at Sardegna with the Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3. It was worth it as the 6-star workout ticket gave me 1,000,000 Cr. (the only legal cash prize, with the Genesis VGT and Honda RA272 the other valid prizes).

Had a great online SPORT race at Daily Race B, Monza, first time did crap and got 14th, then did a second time with the awesome DBR9 GT1 '10 and achieved a strong 5th, if only that race was bit longer liek before but oh well fun times.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240321204228.jpg

Also got my 1mil reward for the Bugattai TT but didnt expect that to be good anyways lol.

Today logged on took the 250k from sport G4 Bugatti saw the Chaparral VGT thought I will have some of that, picked the car from my garage (never driven it before, won it a while ago on the wheel), first lap to build up speed second brushed the wall, 3rd lap was clean and I thought that's a 250k banker, out to the lobby and its a silver time, decided to run some more laps, progressively shaved nibbles of time off the best lap time was 1.01% off the fastest lap when I went back to the lobby, so again back out again the purple sectors continued and soon id got a couple of gold standard laps.
Well chuffed did 75miles in total, got a 4* ticket which was worth 30k. Done for today.

On the GTP account, I took 1,000,000 Cr. from the expired time trial, then rented a Chapparal 2X to get a 35.709 at Daytona, which at the time was 0.5% above the world record (and since slipped to 0.61%). The hand-killing exercise netted me a 4-star Wheel of Despair that gave the 2nd-low-showing/lowest-legal 30,000 Cr.

After giving my hands a rest, I continued to club baby seals at Sardegna with the 2008 Nissan GT-R GT500. I didn't feel like pitting, so I set the fuel map at 6 and ran a slow race. It took a few laps to realize I had to short-shift at 7200 rpm (and a bit earlier from 5th to 6th) to make it on fuel, but it was still done in 26:14, while running mid-1:43 laps.

On the Plus account, I ran Sardegna normally with the GT-R GT500, and got it done more than a minute faster, at a fraction under 25:00. On the Wheel of Despair front, you win some, I lose some more. The 3-star gave the low-showing 10,000 Cr.

I finished up the weekly challenges today by placing 1st in the WTC 800 at High Speed Ring, it was an intense battle, I had to keep my ground. I only needed one pit stop. I got a CRB of 240,000 credits so that was a surprise that I didn't expect.

Gone early today, 6 laps in the Dino on sports, no improvement in my time.
Bought the super bird for the one make race, that's going to need breathing on as it hates corners and isn't keen on straight lines either, Preposterously slow for a car with 400+bhp.
Did Euro race 1/5 in an unmolested Ferrari Testarossa, channelled my inner Don Johnson as on comfort tyres this car has lots of power but limited grip. Won from Hazel in his AMG by four seconds.
Laguna Sec Japanese car 2/5 took my swapped Suzuki Cappuccino out for a blast, 24 seconds to win by.
Daytona Super Bird 3/5, stock car I didn't get round the first bend initially, oil tankers are more responsive. 2nd go added a dab of handbrake on the bend and I turned in, 124mph maximum speed and everyone is just going a bit quicker. Quit the race end of lap 1, will work on the car later.
---- edit
Couldn't leave it like that, SuperBird went to the workshop, wide arch mod, chin spoiler, Dinaco (the King) Blue Paint job and then on a diet, 500kgs ripped out new gearbox and some racing tyres and this car is an oval racer 170mph and also can turn. Didn't add power, TCS on 1 and I happily went from back of the grid to winner.
Race 4/5 turbo sports cars at Suzuka the RUF GTr my weapon of choice, I loaded first time and it was raining hard quit, reset and I got sunshine, stayed dry the whole race romped to an easy win.

Last edited:
I managed to get my first gold in time trial yes it’s the tri oval but still, I got my silver time down to gold 🥳, found a line that worked and was gentle on steering. And also did the first 3 races of the weekly play list. And had the 1 million credits for the chaparral too.

Last edited:
I took the Huayra to LeMans. I was able to get to 3 laps at FM6 with a lot of early shifting. Then I started working on weekly challenge. Did Fuji and Turbo car race with XJR9 & A110. I tried the Superbird race but it a disaster 🤣 I couldn't get it tuned right and my phone wasn't close by so I quit and when the Japanese car race at Laguna Seca. Used a swapped Supra and again it was a disaster 🤣 at this moment I decided it was time to quit and chalked it up to sleepiness and having to think about what I was doing. I will try again tonight

terrible week. No milage in GT7 at all and I had to work till evening today.

But today I managed to do 62 km at Daytona Tri Oval TT for the daily ticket. I go a 6 star parts ticket. Great 🙄

This TT rocket car thing is strange. I rent a white one. Her mother was a vacuum cleaner...

Cheers
M

Back