What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,620 comments
Won the Escudo races on both accounts. Ugh, wasn't even fun... glad they're over. Especially since on the 2 account I couldn't get the engine noise from my car. I tried exiting and re-entering many times, even closing the game and re-launching it. Nothing worked. No matter, won it anyway.

Good riddance.

On the Plus account, it was the Genesis X's turn at Sardegna. I needed to not take tires on the first stop at lap 5 for a closer-than-it-looked win, as the AMG pitted for a third time on lap 14. The all-cash 3-star Wheel of Despair gave the low-showing/lowest-possible 5,000 Cr.

On the GTP account, I dragged the Viper out for Sardegna. While I remembered to set the FM at 4 to make the car last 5 laps, I lost track of lap count, and came down for the second time on lap 9 instead of lap 10. I short-shifted for a few laps...while setting the 2 fastest laps of the race (thus far) on laps 12 and 13. The need for short-shifting ended on that lap, and I went even faster on laps 14 and 15 to stomp the field so bad, I could have pitted on lap 14.

The 3-star workout roulette was actually kind to me - it gave me the Audi TT Cup, a car I didn't already have on the GTP account.

Worked on a livery for the C4 and did a few american races I hadn't completed with it.

retro_c4.jpg

Purchased the Audi VGT after hearing it in a replay of my second time of winning the Road Atlanta race in a Mazda 787B, the sound reminds me alot of the Viper RT/10 from GT2 with a racing exhaust which was one of my favorite car sounds in GT2. Took it to Sardegna and even though it handles good the car was pretty slow due to the Hybrid system running out fairly quickly.

Ran two races at Sardegna. One each with a Lexus RC F GT500 '16 and a Nissan GTR GT500 '08.

Got a Veneno from the wheel. Promptly sold it back for 2.4M credits. Nice.

I had been grinding for 200 miles today and and spent about 4 million credits having purchased the Aston Martin DB5 '64, Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera, and the Volkswagen ID.R '19. I've now aquired at least one car for every model year available in the game. The total amount of different cars I collected in the game stood at 296 on Friday.

Ive been very lucky these last couple days. First i got a ferrari engine, then the much wanted BMW engine. So i put the engines in a 4c and 3.0 csl respectivly. The 4c needs a lot of finetuning, but the bimmer is a treat, if a bit oversteery.

20969902653403572.jpg

20829852428783175.jpg

I took the BMW M2 around Brands Hatch and Le Mans... fine around BH, a bit trickier round LM... it goes crazy under heavy braking, to the point of spearing off into the armco in places I've never hit before... love the car IRL though, but may think twice about a circuit day if I ever get one...

Also made it up to 34th in the Race Photos popular users ranking thanks to my Cosworth and M2 photo sets!

Came back to GT7 because of the update (turned out to be a short break). Didn't actually touch any the content yet, though.

I did sell a duplicate 2J, and bought a 908 to have a second Gr.1 car and try to match a record/challenge from GTS. All its about is getting a sub-5 minute time on the Nordschleife using the Peugeot 908. I wanted to see if the work on the tuning side of my spreadsheet was actually paying off, but also making sure I wasn't dropping form too much. So far so good:

184d8ef6bc910-899f386293c437409eddf0097939c9ca9853840e-610_message_427541999138318_1670085934134.jpg184d8f012e744-899f386293c437409eddf0097939c9ca9853840e-610_message_427542002781316_1670085948364.jpg

I'm close but not completely there yet. AMS KungPao showed it was possible earlier this year even with the broken suspensions with arguably more time in car after all the updates. It feels like those last 1 or 2 seconds is just 'margin of error' - but who knows? Maybe this lap is just the outlier.

For now, I'm going to kick back and enjoy some other stuff for the rest of the day. If you'd like to try the car for yourself, here's the WIP of the setup:

184d8f022b673-899f386293c437409eddf0097939c9ca9853840e-610_message_427542051307642_1670086137920.jpg184d8f03c5666-899f386293c437409eddf0097939c9ca9853840e-610_message_427542061995569_1670086179670.jpg
Its not like I'd love to see a reference lap or anything :lol:

On the Plus account, I used the SLS AMG Gr.4 to grind a mostly-dry Sarthe. It's almost efficient enough to do 4 laps on FM 1. Oddly, Portilla and Blazsan were also-rans, while Kawakami set the fast lap of the race on his RS tires. That leaves 11 higher-PP Gr.4 cars left to attempt Sarthe on this account, and I think I managed to win with all of the lower-PP Gr.4 cars with stock settings (other than buying and sometimes using intermediate/wet tires) on normal difficulty, though some of them required specific weather conditions.

The usual 4-star marathon roulette gave not the usual lowest-possible 10,000 Cr., but an Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.4, which I flipped for 157,460 Cr. I also decided to sell some more duplicate race cars - 2019 Audi R8 LMS Evo for 159,980 Cr., 2015 Dodge Viper SRT GT3-R for 238,160 Cr., 2015 Lamborghini Huracan GT3 for 122,000 Cr., Mazda Atenza Gr.4 for 125,960 Cr., Nissan GT-R Gr.B Road Car for 169,490 Cr., and Subaru WRX Gr.3 for 112,840 Cr. That leaves me within 1,000,000 Cr. of being able to buy the next of 4 remaining 3,000,000-Cr. Brand Central cars (plus the McLaren P1) while having enough for all the Hagerty's cars that are that price or cheaper that I don't own.

On the GTP account, it was an easy win at Sarthe in the late wet in the Huracan Gr.4. Before I took my racing crank shaft for the GT-R Safety Car from the 4-star Wheel of Despair, I turned some slow laps in this week's WRS time trial.

Currently doing some the last 3 menu book - while doing the historic sports cars master, I just realized for the first time that there is actually an endurance race that pays out 1 million credit at Spa 😅.....are there other ones or is that just the one?

Did a 787b double dip Sardegna/LeSarthe. 1 stop on both. If it didn't rain in LeSarthe I could have done no stops. Got 30K from the roulette

Ran Sardegna with the SC 430 GT500. Excellent car. Not the fastest, but very easy to run consistent laps. It also has great evasive capabilities. Ran one LeMans with the ‘69 Corvette.

I also bought the Cobra Daytona. Fiddled with it for about 45 mins. I couldn’t get it to my liking, so I sold it.

The 4-star wheel gave 10k.

Completed the remaining Menu book and with the arrival of the M2 Comp (really love that car and I plan to buy one IRL) I decided to start my own time trial ranking at the Nurburgring using all of my favorite cars that are currently in the game. I don't really care that they are not in the same performance bracket, I just want to see what kind of time I can put down with them in stock form with my skill level.

Here are the criteria that I am using:
Nurb 12.94 miles @ 7:15AM. NO TUNE, all stock except the brakes which are upgraded to racing slotted or drilled disk with racing pads. Sport Soft tires. No driver's aid/assists except for ABS.

So far today, I've ran the M2 Comp (7:35), The 20 GR Supra (7:46), The AMG C63S (7:37) and the 2017 A110 (7:56). The M2 is currently siting at the top of my ranking right now with the AMG in 2nd plane and the Supra in 3rd. The M2 was such a joy to drive, the way I can just attack the track with it was nice and while I really enjoyed it, I have to say the Alpine was by far the most fun out of the 4 that I drove today. The car is an absolute riot even though it was the slowest which makes sense considering it was the least powerful of the bunch. The Supra was impressive with its stability and predictability, I can tell exactly where or what the car is doing at all times, it felt so fast so was bit surprised it wasn't closer to the M2. The C63S was just a pig, I know the car is heavy but I still cannot believe how much you feel that and it's also an oversteering mess. Took me quite a few try before I could put down a clean lap with it. Anyway, 4 cars down, 66+ more to go! I'm finally having my own little fun with GT7 😄

Last edited:
Going through the S license tests man they are tough for gold but did 6 so far def really makes you really focus on brake points.

Got gold on Tokyo Expressway Central Clockwise, South Clockwise and South Counter Clockwise CE's.

Got my balance up to enough to buy the Ferrari 330.

Got Mustang Gr. 4 from roulette.

Last edited:
Well I did it I got the Spa manufactures cup done and my million credit and a 6-star ticket which gave me the Toyota ts050 hybrid lmp1, i didn't drive that well but we got rain around lap 3 went from Medium to Inters before a I got a 3 second penalty must be for crossing the line pit exit (can someone clarify) its twice now i got that penalty existing pit lane, a I pitted for inters got moved up to 5th kept trying to push, so much doubt though in my head and i was ready to cry and just give up, i mean I'm ok on some days but had a lot of doubt if good enough, or was my strategy ok and then i kept going and trying, rain cleared up lap 7 came in for softs so did the a I for dry tires i thought ok reset I'm on the softs let's keep it neat and kept going caught up to first lap 9 and had fastest lap too but some margin and i won, not by a huge amount but i won and got my million ( I used the BRZ Subaru) i want one now too :), i need to drive better and stop the doubt too but glad to get it done, some more racing now lemans event etc see how i go :) thanks for reading if you do :)

Last edited:
Seen the TT time at Willows was bettered so thought i'd try too make my time a bit better , managed too knock 4 tenths off with a 1:02.158 and currently 1404th . edit: went back out again and improved too a 1:01.965 and currently 764th, well happy with that, That's me done.

Last edited:
I took a break from the grind and did some hot lapping. I took the 787b stock to its home LeSarthe. ran a couple of laps on the no chicane version. It was fun going 230 mph down the Mulsanne straight. Then I took out the 919 Living legend. I Think I tweaked it too much because I ended about 4 seconds behind the 787b. I was expecting that and I plan trying it again in stock form. Then I took the S660 Kei car to Road Atlanta so I familiarize myself with the track

As the 1984 Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette was the first post-launch Hagerty's car to make its third appearance, and I didn't already have it on the Plus account, I corrected that. It's too slow for Sardegna grinding duty. Instead, I stomped the field with the RX-VISION GT3 (the version that can be bought).

The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave a racing crank shaft for the Huracan. I suppose it's better than the semi-racing muffler I won for it earlier.

On the GTP account, I lapped the field in the 2008 Honda NSX GT500 fitted with RH tires...mostly because 2nd and 3rd came down on their lap 14 just ahead of me. The 4-star marathon roulette was extremely kind - instead of stopping on an invite, it gave me 1,000,000 Cr.

I then did a few laps for the brand-new WRS time trial.

Picked up the Skyline Super Silhouette Group 5 and the Nissan ‘99 GT 500. Ran Sardegna once with each. Also picked up four ‘69 Corvettes and ran one at LeMans. Fully tuned they’ll do 195mph on FM6, getting 2.2 laps per tank.

Got a 2014 Jaguar F-type from the wheel and promptly sold it.

Drove the F40 on Road Atlanta, drove the M2 on the Nurburgring, did the American FR Cup and Race of Turbos Sports cars events on Road Atlanta, did the European FR Cup event on Brands Hatch and the American Clubman Cup race on Trial Mountain.

Last edited:
Got on with 30 minutes of the time trial remaining so tried to get at least into silver.

After 5 **** laps managed to string a few decent laps together and got my time into the mid 1:04.

Gold on Tokyo East Clockwise and Central Counter Clockwise. Only East Counter Clockwise left of the Tokyo Expressway CEs.

Last edited:
I finally beat the Kei car 1-hour endurance race mission at Autopolis(Human Comedy) after3 days straight of trying and figuring out why I was only coming up to 3rd place at the end with 24 laps done even though my S660 was hitting the pp limit at 99cv and 860kgs.

Turns out that even though I had that much power for the weight, the car wasn't fully utilizing it for most of the track(I was running a mid RPM turbo) so today I downgrade it to a low RPM Turbo and the reduction in PP allowed me to install most of the other upgrades, including a better suspension, brakes, clutch, aero and transmission, now the car's engine was running 90cv but it had many more upgrades to compensate the performance loss(which I could still circumvent by adding the permanent engine upgrades but I decided to keep the internals stock).

This new setup allowed me to run the whole race by doing only one pit stop at lap 12 for full refueling and new tires, since I play without HUD I don't mess with the fuel map(I don't even like doing that with street cars anyway).

I ran out of fuel at the final corner of the last lap but by then the race was already won 😏

Side note: It's very ****ing annoying to do these missions and not get paid anything if you dont beat your best result

Today I took a break from grinding to drive all the 0km cars I bought some time ago when I started to collect them but haven't driven them so far, I first started with the classic cars on the new historic masters 1 lap race at Nurburgring, Without any assists besides ABS, no HUD for more immersion and no upgrades on the cars whatsoever, besides the switching out the stock tires for Sports Softs.

Also on first person view too, for more immersion.

My Corvette C4 takes laps around the other cars and finished ahead of the Countach LP400 with over 5 seconds to spare, as it handles much better than it even on stock tires...It's a late 80s sports car against a mid 70s sports so I wouldn't expect any different.

My 911 Turbo 930 was quite a handful but also fun as hell to drive, crazy acceleration and wheelspin out of corners though, I had to be careful with steering inputs at max acceleration. I beat the Countach before getting on the straight away and he didn't caught up, quite an easy victory, I had far more troubles with dealing with the car itself than the other drivers.

My Sierra Cosworth was brilliant, incredibly balanced chassis and engaging handling although it wasnt as fast on the straights like my 911 or C4, I caught up to the Countach near the straight and he just disappeared on the horizon...But I caught up to him again on the corners right before the finish line and claimed the 1st place.

I was going to try to win with my Countach LP400 and then the 25th anniversary, but the sports softs puts them both above the 580 pp limit, and they are really, really sketchy on sports medium tires...Like they don't have any grip at all past the 200km/h mark, so I dropped them.

Tonight I'm moving on to the new hypercar races, where I'll also test out a bunch of sports and supercars I bought but haven't driven yet, again without any upgrades besides sports soft tires, the race at La Sarthe interests me the most because of the high top speeds I can get to.
Think I may give this a bash, great idea

Think I may give this a bash, great idea
Personally, playing this game without HUD feels quite different, it's much more engaging and entertaining if you can stomach not knowing what's going on during the race or how well you're doing.

Endurance races with fuel and tire wear enabled are extra fun because you have to manage them without fuel mapping and without knowing how long your tank is gonna last, this difficulty is alleviated on the cars that have working fuel gauges to some extent but on racecars with them, you're in the dark and have to refuel once you see the AI coming in to the pits.

I think that for racecars, we should have some kind of audio clue from our pit crew about our tires and fuel, street cars should stay without it.

Back