What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,782 comments
Finally completed my WTC800 custom season with the Enzo by running the Spa 1h. Weather was at first apparently my enemy, since it started raining heavily only to immediately have the weather shift off faster than a windshear on approach as soon as I had pitted for IM tires. Was about to go insane but then the AI started doing weird pit shenanigans and the weather went back to rainy, so managed to do a decent intermediates stint regardless. Rain came back later towards the end of the race, and again the AI started being stupid, which led me to a +1 lap to everyone win. It was a very fun championship overall, and everyone actually managed to at least score a point. Except Gallo, he and the NSX finished the season at 0, sad.

Probably gonna give the TT a try now, just to see how bad I actually am, or maybe try something new at Le Mans. Then it's gonna be Horizon Forbidden West for a while.

EDIT: almost forgot the amazing reward from today's Wheel of (Mis)Fortune, a whopping 30k from a 4* ticket. As Yi Long Ma would say, "no money, no! Dog currency!"

Last edited:
I took the Aston Martin VGT to Lemans and then I took the Jaguar XRJ 9 to Sardegena got to 11 mil and resisted the temptation to get the Porsche from Hagertys. Trying to get 20 mil but the ultimate goal is to get to 100 mil. It's going to take some time because at most I will only grind 1hr before I get bored. Won 30 k from the wheel.

Revisited s10 Spa license for the 1st time in 6 months or so. Golded it within an hour. Then golded the super formula - Laguna seca and zonda - interlagos to complete all licenses.

Took a few photos and did the speed demon trophy, meaning I now only need to take around 80 pictures to get platinum.... (can't be bothered taking that many snaps in 2 go right now).

Returned to Sardegna in the nissan gr2, did the 600pp 3 race series (in engine swapped mr2), and a load of random stuff on norsdchleiffe - time trial, custom races, germzn car race etc.

Oh and a few time trial laps on civic.

Nearly 400 miles total. Phew.

(May spin it up one more time for an hour on spa race).

Last edited:
Today I discover why the BAC mono has so few tyre wear….

It seems to hover… 👀😂
E8228ADC-657C-45BC-93FA-D9C2B3325875.jpeg
DEED7F13-5F71-4FF9-BDB7-25CE05D875A8.jpeg

+10 laps in the TT in Sport Mode, a slight improvement and entered the really bottom of silver time (which won't stay that low much longer)

got a 4 stars for my daily marathon, ending up in an astoundishing 10k...

[Edit] added another 10 laps session in TT, much better in terms of consistency, even if I did not improve my record.

Last edited:
Spent a few hours trying to host lobbies with a grand total of 5 people joining.

I’ve finished nearly all of the single player content already, nearly completely burnt out on anything Sport Mode related, and want to finally relax in the lobbies with some strange/interesting cars. Looks like its never going to happen.

There’s a Ford Roadster I’ve never raced against other players in. Haven’t had a good Mazda MX5 Touring Race in a long time. BAC Mono. Karts...

- Ran a no-stopper at LeMans in my cheater RX7.

- Ran Sardegna in a detuned GT500 NISMO GTR after I gave it a Kure Racing livery. Was slower in a straight line than the fastest AI cars but still chopped them up. First time I’ve used the car.

- Gave the RedBull 2019 thing a retro Mountain Dew livery (Red Bull is neckbeard fuel to me so I gave it the OG neckbeard fuel for a livery) and ran it at the 30 min Road Atlanta race. Easy win but not as easy as I expected.

- Ran about $150k worth of fun short races.

- Got $100k from a 3* spin. I’ll take it!

Last edited:
Ran Sarthe quite a few times with the RA272 and the BAC Mono. To get a lead as comfortable as the RA27 with the Mono, I do have to set the AI to Easy, so I can get a big enough lead to slack it at the finish line at the last lap. Lazy mode is doing 6 laps and wait for 2 to 2,5 minutes at the finish line and not have to do a 7th lap and still win.

You can do a complete race on 1 set of IM's with the Mono, also on Normal difficulty doing 7 laps. Even in a full dry race.
The RA272 is still my prefered car for this grind, although the BAC Mono is quite a good ride too, though about half a lap slower in 30 minutes than the RA272. I do 8+wait with that car.

Daily ticket came up with 30K credits. Not the worst on the wheel, but certainly not the best. I'm at the point that I completely stop caring about them ticket prizes.

edit: no I can't. I mixed up starting an 8th with finishing one....🫣

Last edited:
Bought the two Aventadors, ran LeMans with them. At 700pp, both are almost relaxing to drive there. At full-tilt, both are exhilarating, the 2011 hits 227mph and the 2015 hits 232mph. I left out the permanent engine upgrades on the 2015. The 2011 ran 3:35 and the 2015 ran 3:34.

I also ran some TT’s, getting into the 31’s, still 7/10’s away from Silver. Got 10k from the wheel.

Last edited:
Finished all the CE in the Americas. Golded everything except the stupid rally stages which I absolutely refuse to waste time on. Bought the R18 and the M6 and grab 4 trophies....I don't normally care for trophies and I've never gotten a platinum before but seeing how I only need 5 more to get Platinum, I think it'd be a waste to not try a little bit harder to get that one.

Did some quick CE's and surprised myself by golding Spa on my first attempt. Then raced against Sophy, just have Expert Suzuka left to do.

Really, all I'm doing now is grinding for the XJ13 when it comes back. Then I'll get the Trophy.

I clear another menu and ride two times le mans with the alternative of nissan gt 500 16 , i use the Lexus this time and beat my best time for couple of seconds.
First time went down on 30s in a 7 lap race.
Still prefer the nissan but Lexus is capable of a bit more faster laps due to a slightly higher top speed.
IMG_20230318_204012615_HDR.jpg

I bought both legendary cars that dropped today and did a little driving of each. Then my 4-star ticket gave me the Pagani invitation I had been waiting for so I bought one Huayra and applied the Praiano 800pp tune and ran it at Sardegna which required some serious short shifting to manage a 2-stop race with that gas guzzler. I figured if I was in a short shifting mood I might as well run the FXX k at Sardegna as well. Today was a very expensive day and I’ll definitely get another Huayra but I haven’t decided if I want a second F1 or not but I’m down to 53 million credits from 99.5 million credits a few days ago.

Buying oddities, just for the fun of driving something different. Yesterday picked up the CHC Chevy Nova but struggled to find a race for it. Today picked up the Aventador, Renault R.S.0.1 and Toyota FT-1. Painted the Lambo bright yellow to annoy the neighbours.

The gratitude test gave me 10k

B80
Revisited s10 Spa license for the 1st time in 6 months or so. Golded it within an hour. Then golded the super formula - Laguna seca and zonda - interlagos to complete all licenses.

Took a few photos and did the speed demon trophy, meaning I now only need to take around 80 pictures to get platinum.... (can't be bothered taking that many snaps in 2 go right now).

Returned to Sardegna in the nissan gr2, did the 600pp 3 race series (in engine swapped mr2), and a load of random stuff on norsdchleiffe - time trial, custom races, germzn car race etc.

Oh and a few time trial laps on civic.

Nearly 400 miles total. Phew.

(May spin it up one more time for an hour on spa race).
You can set the lowest picture quality settings to make the rendering as fast as possible and just keep spamming triangle, refusing the picture every time. Shouldn't take you longer than 15-20 minutes! :)

I did some hot lapping. I took my swapped Supra to Road Atlanta for a few laps and it did really well. I even ended with a faster time than I had in the 962 from the track 1st came to the game. So I took the 962 out and I was to beat that initial time by 5 seconds. I took the Pallas to Laguna Seca. I was fun albeit very slow. After that I painted it and upgraded it. I make a livery for it but I don't know what I want to do. I took the 2J to Grand Valley South for a couple of laps. Finally I took out the Enzo as for haven't driven it since I got it about 3 months ago. I went back to Laguna Seca for a couple of laps. That was fun easy to drive car. Got 10 k from the wheel.

Took a break from gr1 and gr2, went back to some old JDM classics like the Impreza Type R STI ‘99. Stripped the weight out, and it now comes in at 962KG. It’s loads of fun around ~450BHP, loves to stick the back end out a bit. Reminds me of about 20 years ago playing 2 player split screen around Seattle on GT3 - Evo v Impreza and lots of sliding around!

I detuned it to compete in some WTC600 races, gave it some new wheels and paint, and took a few photos.

I think this is where GT7 shines. The whole journey of customisation, tuning, creating liveries, replays, photos, and the fact we can discover what the whole community has been doing in that sense with Showcase. It’s quite the rabbit hole.

Attachments

• E9F6A657-2824-45B2-AAF5-39A807EDCCCF.jpeg
    E9F6A657-2824-45B2-AAF5-39A807EDCCCF.jpeg
    200 KB · Views: 6
You can set the lowest picture quality settings to make the rendering as fast as possible and just keep spamming triangle, refusing the picture every time. Shouldn't take you longer than 15-20 minutes! :)

Cheers mate. Started doing scapes and then post race pics, but so bloody slow, thought I'm going to have to just do a few here and there, as such a tedious task to do in one go.

Ran through all 3 Neo Classic races for yet another attempt to beat this book. Pulled a 5th from North America, 6th from Europe, and won on the last lap thanks to poor timing with the top 3 GR.1 cars taking pit stops for fuel in Japan. All this using the Skyline Super Silhouette because I have yet to purchase a "time period" GR.1 car.

If you can win at Fuji against this filed with the Skyline, it must be possible at the other two tracks.

Same thing that I did every day ... tested

Set up a car
Spend hours on my set up track
Time trail
Tweaking dampers
Tweaking diff
Hours
Hours
Miles
N miles

No how much money I made ?

NONE !!!!!

forced to race the same old races over n over n over .

Great game boys ... stuff you enjoy you get nothing

Its about time they paid you per mile driven and make a good game into the greatest game of all time

Such a dumb trophy too, like "buy 10 cars of the same model" I bet 99% of players buy 10 karts.

😱how much credits does it amount to ?

Was wondering about that one the other day actually, as it wasn;t listed in my remaining trophies, but I'm certain I never bought more than 3 or 4 max of any car in the game.

Then I recalled the 70 odd old red Amg/Merc's I accidentally bought from the legend cars dealership, after a script may have gone off piste last summer...

Anyway, today I finally delved into the custom race field. Commissioned a field of 20 @praiano63 tuned 700pp road cars, mainly German, and tried out 30 min overnight races at Spa, 10 lap no chicane at monzo. Very good fun! A sea of black monsters, apart from a rosso red f40 and f50...

Last edited:
10-15 laps in Sport Mode's current TT with the Mustang at Laguna Seca, improved a tiny bit my silver time, which has now a slightly better chance to stand than my previous record (0.001s above the current lower limit for silver 😅 )

My objective was to string as many clean laps as possible, without trying to push and get a better lap time. Except one turn where I forgot to brake (lost in my mind), most of the laps were clean, slow but clean.

Got a 6* ticket for my daily marathon, alas it was a motor ticket :mad:

Now I have another spare motor on my shelves, hooray...

10-15 laps in Sport Mode's current TT with the Mustang at Laguna Seca, improved a tiny bit my silver time, which has now a slightly better chance to stand than my previous record (0.001s above the current lower limit for silver 😅 )

My objective was to string as many clean laps as possible, without trying to push and get a better lap time. Except one turn where I forgot to brake (lost in my mind), most of the laps were clean, slow but clean.

Got a 6* ticket for my daily marathon, alas it was a motor ticket :mad:

I have another spare motor on my shelves, hooray...
Beats a sport muffler.🙂

Last edited:
Usual grind with usual cars. Though the rain comes in handy at Sarthe, to slow the idiot AI down a ton, I'd like to get a dry and sunny race over there once in a few races. Got just one race with light rain this evening. All others got heavy rain periods. One where full wets weren't good enough neither.

Insult to injury, 5K credits from a 3 star ticket. Again, PD, just keep it.

Last edited:
I started a new mini-campaign. Bought a Dodge Viper with the intention of building a new race car for WTC700 Le Mans, but didn’t have any money left for buying tuning parts. So I did a bunch of low-level races across the American circuits and gradually upgraded the car between each race. Finally I created a livery (Exxon Tiger, looks awesome) and the car is pretty much ready for Le Mans now.

Back