what did you do with this car...

  • Thread starter Thread starter ///M5
  • 50 comments
  • 1,966 views
Messages
10
Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex Shigeno Version?

This is the car you win in AMATEUR LEAGUE FR C hallenge and is somehow worth 125,000Cr... why?

I'm hesitant to sell it but i may need the money. i raced it once its not so special to me.

did anyone "hook this up" - meaning modify it... if so, was it worth it.

I may keep it just to say i have an old expensive p.o.s. in my garrage.

comments, concerns, criticisms...
 
it's not crappy at all
I have mine partially fixed up with 256 hp and it can keep up with the competition at the pro FR
it corners really well cuz it's so damn light
 
Its awesome. On my first time of GT3, I sold it when I got it. I then realised half way through the game that I can only win it in one race so I started again
 
...might turn mine into a drifter i reckon:D
 
I held on to it - I've done very few k's in it. I ran a few laps - seemed a nice car.
 
same here, aint having anything that looks that damn bad in my garage even if it does turn on a dime.
 
I kept mine just because you can only win it once, but I never race with it.
 
what good is it?? a Type-R could own it in FR races.
 
Originally posted by zeroly32
what good is it?? a Type-R could own it in FR races.


How could a Type R own it in a Front Engine Rear drive race?

The only Type R that is rear drive is the NSX Type R. But that is Mid Engine rear drive.
 
I dont really keep cars because 'you can only win them once' or anything like that. When i 'finish' GT I just want to have a high performance bunch of good looking cars in the garage, with all the crap cleaned out.. unless they are good looking.
 
I raced mine a couple of times, it didn't work with my driving style, so I chucked it. Of course, that was about four months ago... if I had known then that it wasn't even a real car, I woulda just dumped it straight off because it annoyed me so damn much when I raced against it. I don't care if a heavy tuned car whomps me, but when they start throwing stuff from Japanese cartoons in there that's when I draw the line!
 
it's cool for a beginner's drifting tool, and t still looks nice after you've gotten the hang of it. you can only get in once, so don't sell it.
 
You can only get this car once...so beware.

This car is from the maker of initial d series..hence the shigeno name. It feels great as a drift car and it can beat 80's race in no time. :D
 
still got myn untuned for some reason :ood:
i dont even like it... it's fugly!!!
 
As u can only get it once i held on to it but didnt use it. I thought it was just like my old crappie trueno , jus that this one cost a BIT more
 
kept mine as you can only win it once
havent had time to race/drift it yet as have had to much on lately
...but will get round to it!;)
 
my 256 hp SS Trueno could beat a tuned corvette Z06
 
haha, I have mine turbocharged to 387hp. With a curb weight of roughly 1,750lbs it has a power to weight ratio to fly past MANY cars in GT3. Give T8's on this car and I could school any JGTC's or many other race cars.

It has downforce, which is invaluable on a car.
 
Ting Boy do u mean u can beat a souped up corvette or a normal tuned corvette without n e modifications, b'cos my corvette Z06 is a beast @ 654bhp, without the final stage engine, and there is no way on earth that ur gonna beat that with a 256bhp trueno.
 
i beat my Bro though and he was in a 680bhp mustang and i was in an EVO 7 @558bhp, we bothed souped up our cars and i still nailed him, so Bhp does nt really count, what does are all ur settings on the whole ie damper, toe angle , camper etc. So Ting Boy if u can beat a normal Corvette Z06 strait from the shops i would believe u as it is possible if u have tuned ur ss version trueno.
 
i meant a partially tuned corvette that has most tune-ups and stuff ^_^
 
Originally posted by BMW X5 SPORTS
i beat my Bro though and he was in a 680bhp mustang and i was in an EVO 7 @558bhp, we bothed souped up our cars and i still nailed him, so Bhp does nt really count, what does are all ur settings on the whole ie damper, toe angle , camper etc. So Ting Boy if u can beat a normal Corvette Z06 strait from the shops i would believe u as it is possible if u have tuned ur ss version trueno.

Actually HP counts. You also need to account all the factors. Drivetrain, weight, hp, drag, etc on and on....
 
thats what i meant, bhp doesnt count on its own, but all ur settings as a whole.
 
Back