what did you do with this car...

  • Thread starter Thread starter ///M5
  • 50 comments
  • 1,966 views
yawn... yeah.. but we have said this all b4 :/
 
where, ving
 
ok guys thank you very much. based on what i've read in your responces i've decide to sell this trueno. Those in favor of keeping it only did so mainly because you only get it once... and half of you havent even driven it.

those against the trueno had a better argument; its ugly, cant do to much it on the track, and spoils your garage.
bottom line: its worth more to sell than to keep... did any one actually win more credits that the car is actually worth. I doubt it.
 
Originally posted by Delray Sandusk
if I had known then that it wasn't even a real car, I woulda just dumped it straight off because it annoyed me so damn much when I raced against it. I don't care if a heavy tuned car whomps me, but when they start throwing stuff from Japanese cartoons in there that's when I draw the line!

what are you talking about? its a mid-80s Toyota Corolla GT-S, its not fake, or made up. its one of those cars that has its name changed over the transission from Japan to North America, like the Mitsubishi GTO (300GT, Dodge Stealth)
 
Originally posted by ///M5
its ugly, cant do to much it on the track, and spoils your garage.
bottom line: its worth more to sell than to keep...

I don't consider it ugly
and on the track? i've beaten quite a few races in pro with it, its like the best car in the game for Drifting, and its one of the funnest cars. and asking if i've won itsworth? yes, i completed 2 endurances with it, and a handful of Pro and Amatuer Championships. i love the car
 
I can say for sure that the biggest part of racing isnt hp, suspension, or weight... but of course all of you know what Im getting at.

Its the driver.

As for the tureno, I kept mine. Go ahead and keep your garage as nice as you want, but there is something special about that tureno, and I can say for sure that I am gonna figure out what it is that makes it special.

1 car will not fill up your garage and 1 car that is so unique will not ruin your image.

I bet that if you can learn to race that sucker right, youll make a better image beating down your competition than you will showing them all those pretty cars you cant race.
 
I'd recommend you keep that Shigeno version trueno, since if you sell it, you can NEVER EVER get it back.
 
what i'm saying is...so what if i dont get it back. it's useless just sitting there, i'm never gonna drive it. i have no pride in owning it, so why should i keep it? just to say i have a car that is so rear that you cant only get one chance at owning it is not good enough for me.
but thank you.
 
there's a lot of better cars out there than that trueno. Sell it, and race up a good looking better car.
 
ok, all of you who have it, do me a huge favor...max it, and pleeaase tell me the stock settings. I set mine up for drifting, and stupidly didnt save the regular racing settings. It can easily take things like the 80s cup, but my drift settings slow it down, so if anyone has the regular settings, itll help me a whole ton...thanks!
 
Look in the 'Tunings and Settings' forum at the top of the GT3 forums page. There is a topic on correcting it...
 
I kept my Shigeno because there is only one you can get in the game :).
 
Originally posted by incubusnb
what are you talking about? its a mid-80s Toyota Corolla GT-S, its not fake, or made up. its one of those cars that has its name changed over the transission from Japan to North America, like the Mitsubishi GTO (300GT, Dodge Stealth)

I know the model is real, but the car isn't. It's handling and specs are completely fabricated to make it perform like the car in the animated show (or so I assume). Unless there's an actual, physical, for-real S.S. Trueno out there that shares the same specs as the animated one, then it's not a "real" car.

Same thing with, say, KITT from Knight Rider... sure it's a Pontiac Trans-Am, but they never actually made one that can drive 300 MPH and jump over roadblocks and shoot lasers and whatnot. Hence, KITT isn't a "real" car.
 
but....their is always the other corrolla ..the old one that can be buy at the dealer but it aint like the shigeno but u can still eliminate the competition in the 80's cup
 
I kept mine for drifting purposes, tuning it lightly. For those who think the trueno is ugly have a look at the ugliest car forum if you fancy a laugh. Actually, even if you do like it, have a look if you fancy a laugh :)
 
Originally posted by Monouk
ok, all of you who have it, do me a huge favor...max it, and pleeaase tell me the stock settings. I set mine up for drifting, and stupidly didnt save the regular racing settings. It can easily take things like the 80s cup, but my drift settings slow it down, so if anyone has the regular settings, itll help me a whole ton...thanks!
Very easy. Just take your Full Customize Suspension off the car, and then put them back on. All the suspension settings will return to default.
 
Originally posted by Delray Sandusk
I know the model is real, but the car isn't. It's handling and specs are completely fabricated to make it perform like the car in the animated show (or so I assume). Unless there's an actual, physical, for-real S.S. Trueno out there that shares the same specs as the animated one, then it's not a "real" car.

Same thing with, say, KITT from Knight Rider... sure it's a Pontiac Trans-Am, but they never actually made one that can drive 300 MPH and jump over roadblocks and shoot lasers and whatnot. Hence, KITT isn't a "real" car.

actually, the Trueno in Initial D is based off a real car. it wasn't a mass production model, nor was it even doubled. there was only one of it made by a Tuner company.
 
Originally posted by incubusnb
actually, the Trueno in Initial D is based off a real car. it wasn't a mass production model, nor was it even doubled. there was only one of it made by a Tuner company.

...oh.

Never mind, then. :p
 
He didn't understand that you meant the Shigeno, i think he was just talking about the regular Trueno.
 
Back