What didn't go from GT3 to GT4?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jurenic
  • 51 comments
  • 4,234 views
Yeah, who ever said car descriptions, I'm with you. I always enoyed them. 👍
 
I am really surprised that nobody mentioned this but qualifying is not back in GT4...

Sounds arcadish to me.
 
I was just about to mention qualifying, in GT3 it usually wasn't worth using as most of the starts were standing anyway so you were hardly any distance away, in GT4 though it would of been handy as alot of the rolling starts will leave the top too a good jump on you, sometimes a good 3 or 4 second head start and in close races it makes it quite difficult to ever get back to them since you have to pass a few cars before you can get to them as well.
 
live4speed
So far GT4's missing
The Ford GT40 road car
The Toyota GT-One road car
Rome
Special stage route 11
Complex string
Smokey mountain
Tahiti (normal rally course)
Special stage route 5 wet

However all the addtions far outweight this.

Complex String was funny :)
 
there is qualifying, its just not named it, if you are in a race and before you start you have the ability of choosing practice if you do a few laps on ther and your pos changed then you start a race it starts you in that place. which is cool but i never used it in any other gt games.
 
I highly disliked rome, so not much of a loss there. I'd been a big fan of SSrt 11 since i've had so many good races there in gt1. My 1st endurance race ever using the FTO LM car was there.... that car is still in the game, right?
 
I was hoping you could keep the wheels you already purchased. Would have been cool for the photomode.
 
As I don't have GT3 anymore I can't confirm this myself (so correct me if I am wrong) There is no Audi TT race car (or was that gt2?)

and I don't miss SS11!
 
Nissan_Racer
there is qualifying, its just not named it, if you are in a race and before you start you have the ability of choosing practice if you do a few laps on ther and your pos changed then you start a race it starts you in that place. which is cool but i never used it in any other gt games.

There is qualifying (they're calling it "practice" for some reason) like you said, but it's only if you enter a race series. In individual races there is no practice, which really pisses me off. I have to exit the race and go all the way across the board to find the same track to work on my setup, then go back and enter the race. Pain in the butt to do for every race that isn't part of a race series. I'm still trying to figure out why they did this.
 
im guessing to save space or the extra programming didnt seem like it was worth it for them... It sux for me too because i always use underpowered cars, so having a setup that matches the track sometimes is the difference between 1st and 2nd place.
 
thats good thing to know that cars can be tested tru arcade mode...
 
speedy_samurai
As I don't have GT3 anymore I can't confirm this myself (so correct me if I am wrong) There is no Audi TT race car (or was that gt2?)

and I don't miss SS11!

Audi TT race car was not in GT3. But it was in GTConcept (I'm talking about PAL versions).

I also won't miss SS11, just as I don't like New York (played it in GT4P) and I'm sure I won't like Paris or any other "city track between walls", apart from Monaco.

I will greatly miss Complex String. I really enjoyed driving there.


About cars: I will also miss the GT40 road version. And I don't understand why they took it off, considering they have the race car in.

completely off topic: enthusia's site has new pics. They show a new supercar I would like to have in GT4: the Bugatti EB110 (I think. It's the one from the 90's)
 
Hun200kmh
I also won't miss SS11, just as I don't like New York (played it in GT4P) and I'm sure I won't like Paris or any other "city track between walls", apart from Monaco.

You just have to get used to it. New York is a cool course. Seoul Central is another cool city course in GT4, it's almost like playing a relay race or something. Still dislike Seattle though, especially in reverse.

As for answering the question, isn't there only one F1 car in GT4 as opposed to like 6 in GT3? Also the Diablo isn't in for obvious reasons.
 
Reverse courses in GT4 look the same as their normal counterparts, whereas in GT3 they would often look somewhat different. (Different time of day etc.)
 
Here is a question, where is the old mini, I keep seeing mini cooper 1.3i in the carlist but I haven't found it for purchase in the NA version nor have I seen it in the prize car list?
 
I haven't seen the old Mini on any lists (including the official .pdf), and it certainly isn't in the NA version under the Mini dealer. I believe that was the case in gt3 though, you had to win it.

I don't care much about loosing rome, it didn't seem to have much flow.

I never liked Complex String much, untill a couple weeks ago, when I really got into it with RGTs and CTRs.

Also, I think SSR11 was an aquired taste too. Some of my favorite races in GT3 once I got to know the track were there.
 
smokey mountain is called somthing else i think, as for ss11 and complex, those were my 2least fav tracks :dunce: saleen widebody mustang (they had it in gt2)
 
Boo, if SSR11 isn't in then i'm pissed, I loved that track.....I've always wanted to race that track in the rain too. Also, I would have liked to see the Le Mans circuit in the rain too, would have made it more realistic.
 
live4speed
You can only load your garage in arcade mode in 2 player and LAN races, not in single player. If you want a random race on any track in one of your garage cars you can do that in the GT mode.
where do you load for LAN mode? I haven't seen the option.
 
Back