What Do You Drive IRL? Is it in GT7??

• Thread starter Greggerro
  • 210 comments
Nice. Don't think I've ever seen one with Z33 wheels on it. You guys up north have had these for awhile, no?

Noticed the Dragon pic. I moved out here to TN a month ago. Just off the Foothills Parkway, about 20 mins from base of the Dragon I think.

View attachment 1130251View attachment 1130252View attachment 1130253

GT7 doesn't look the greatest when side by side lol Tried to find a better lighting situation but eh. Scapes just don't do it for me or I'm bad at them. Seems to work well for everyone else though..

Edit: I'm surprised they don't have some scapes for the Dragon area. Beautiful views and roads. This whole Smoky Mountains National Park area is straight outta some Scapes.
That is my ND2 in the background of that first pic lol...

Noticed the Dragon pic. I moved out here to TN a month ago. Just off the Foothills Parkway, about 20 mins from base of the Dragon I think.

Edit: I'm surprised they don't have some scapes for the Dragon area. Beautiful views and roads. This whole Smoky Mountains National Park area is straight outta some Scapes.
Yeah, The Dragon is fun, but I actually prefer the Cherohala Skyway. To me that drive is more fun, and better scenery. It’s a little harder on the brakes though, at least coming from the Telico direction.

I’m about 2 hours from the Smokey Mountains, and I agree, there are so many places that could be made into scapes.

2019 Durango R/T and 2014 Audi S5 Convertible. 0/2. But are a lot of fun for what they are. Would love to see them in there just to mess with them (or their better performing big siblings)

I wish some of my old cars were in…

Audi S2 Avant
Audi S4 B5
Audi RS4 B5
Vauxhall Cavalier Turbo 4x4
Ford Sierra Sapphire Cosworth 4x4
Love the older Audis,

Here is mine, 2000 B5 RS4 with MTM tune to around 460hp.
Sadly no longer in the games, not since the Standard models.
20210725_110446.jpg

Last edited:
That is my ND2 in the background of that first pic lol...
Hahaha no flipping way.. Man, small world. That pic was from when I came down last June. Was first time down here. The RF is sweet man.
Yeah, The Dragon is fun, but I actually prefer the Cherohala Skyway. To me that drive is more fun, and better scenery. It’s a little harder on the brakes though, at least coming from the Telico direction.

I’m about 2 hours from the Smokey Mountains, and I agree, there are so many places that could be made into scapes.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Cherohala Skyway was where I had my zen moment, literally almost coming to tears. Absolutely perfect weather and no one on the road in front of me. It was just 30+ mins of going as fast as I felt comfortable. And I just kept thinking like.. Is this real? I'm really here, now, doing this.. Going to a race track is great and safer but costs a bunch of money and then you'll get stuck behind people constantly. Plus they often have tiny 15 min sessions so it's over just as you're getting settled in. That being said, I still want to hit up the various race tracks around here at least once.

Dragon is too much. I have gotten nauseous on it. I prefer the faster stuff on Skyway with the occasional switch back.

Long story short, I decided to move out here lol

Last edited:
Currently drive a 2004 Mustang Mach 1, that's not in GT7 and I very much doubt it'll make an appearance. Closest thing would be the '00 SVT Cobra R which was last in GT6.

None of my previous cars are in and are unlikely to make it to the game either;

1989 Firebird Formula 5.0 TPI
1985 Capri 2.8 Injection
1983 Capri 2.0S

Currently drive a 2004 Mustang Mach 1, that's not in GT7 and I very much doubt it'll make an appearance. Closest thing would be the '00 SVT Cobra R which was last in GT6.

None of my previous cars are in and are unlikely to make it to the game either;

1989 Firebird Formula 5.0 TPI
1985 Capri 2.8 Injection
1983 Capri 2.0S
This was my Mach 1! Original engine developed rod-knock at 36,000 miles.. a week after I bought it. Motor was rebuilt with forged internals. Put down about 330 on a dyno.. Boy that was a nightmare. Nearly paid as much to have the engine rebuilt as the whole car cost. And then sold it with like 60k miles I think? For less than I paid for just the car originally. Couple other little odds and ends done on it. Did a few track days in it.

IMAG1573.jpg
IMAG1559.jpg

They'll probably just add the '00 Cobra R again if anything.

Hahaha no flipping way.. Man, small world. That pic was from when I came down last June. Was first time down here. The RF is sweet man.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Cherohala Skyway was where I had my zen moment, literally almost coming to tears. Absolutely perfect weather and no one on the road in front of me. It was just 30+ mins of going as fast as I felt comfortable. And I just kept thinking like.. Is this real? I'm really here, now, doing this.. Going to a race track is great and safer but costs a bunch of money and then you'll get stuck behind people constantly. Plus they often have tiny 15 min sessions so it's over just as you're getting settled in. That being said, I still want to hit up the various race tracks around here at least once.

Dragon is too much. I have gotten nauseous on it. I prefer the faster stuff on Skyway with the occasional switch back.

Long story short, I decided to move out here lol
Yeah, I live like 45 minutes from the Dragon lol
The road definitely favors smaller, light weight vehicles, while the Cherohala Skyway and Foothills Parkway favor bigger, faster cars.
Also it is rather surprising at the lack of scapes of the area, but then, you either don't know about the roads in the area or you do and travel from all over to get to them lol

This was my Mach 1! Original engine developed rod-knock at 36,000 miles.. a week after I bought it. Motor was rebuilt with forged internals. Put down about 330 on a dyno.. Boy that was a nightmare. Nearly paid as much to have the engine rebuilt as the whole car cost. And then sold it with like 60k miles I think? For less than I paid for just the car originally. Couple other little odds and ends done on it. Did a few track days in it.

View attachment 1130775View attachment 1130777

They'll probably just add the '00 Cobra R again if anything.
That's a nice car, shame it developed the rod knock but kudos to you for keeping it alive. Mine has about 38k miles. Pretty much stock except the wheels, hurst shifter and Borla Atak exhaust.

You're right though, they'll probably just add the Cobra R again, I wouldn't be mad though.

Wow, I feel like a pleb posting my car in here... I drive my 2018 Green 900cc petrol Nissan Micra econobox, nice little car to drive around town and has amazing fuel economy and pays the minimum road tax. For a guy that earns just above the minimum wage, can't ask for much more.

View attachment 1129941

But where I work, I have driven many cars that are and will be in the game such as:

The new 992 Porsche 911 Turbo S and the new GT3

View attachment 1129942
View attachment 1129943
View attachment 1129944View attachment 1129945View attachment 1129946

The Nissan GT-R and the 370Z (Nismo Version):

View attachment 1129948
View attachment 1129949

The FK8 Civic Type-R:

View attachment 1129950
View attachment 1129951

Hyundai i30N:

View attachment 1129952

I30n's are great value in a very competitive UK hot hatch market.

One of my friends has one and they sound pretty raucous (if that's your thing) for a 4 cylinder engine.

Last edited:
Poor irl and drive a couple of poverty spec R32's. Wish they could be in the game but most people despise the rwd models so I understand not including them

View attachment 1130841
They should put them in the game. They should definitely put various trims of already existing cars in the game because it wouldn't take that much work to adjust a couple small things on the 3D model. A little spoiler removal here, some different wheels, type in some different engine specs.. Done! Only thing they potentially wouldn't have would be specific engine audio to get.

..buuuut there would be all those complainers saying they are just padding out their numbers so yea. Lets just have less cars :rolleyes:

Definitely doesn't look like a poverty spec car btw lol That thing looks like it's in good shape.

Last edited:
After years of driving very old Honda Accords until the wheels fell off, I finally decided to treat myself and purchased a Black 2020 Kia Stinger GT. Going from <200hp in an FF car to 365hp in a RWD car with twin-turbos was a HUGE change and one that I embrace happily every day. Driving is so much more fun than it used to be, but it did hurt to pay significantly more than I ever had for a car.
No cheap, but a lot of car for your money when you look at cars in similar bracket ie s4, c45, m440i etc.

Heard good things about the stinger gt.

I was similar last year, finally went for rwd, powerful saloon and haven't regretted it at all.

Like yiu say 3 ltr twin turbos are insane fun, torque always there.

Purists sneer a bit about it not being larger 8 cylinder engine, but for real world enjoyment/fun they're great. Power/torque always there.

Last edited:
I have a 2011 Skoda Octavia station to haul the family around. It has the 1.8 TSI 160 hp engine which drinks lots of oil :(

But. I also have a 1997 Porsche 986 Boxster together with my brother in law. Terrific car! Not in the game yet, hope they will add a Boxster to the game at some point! :)

I dont think they'll ever put an A4 in the game. I only remember S4 from previous titles.

B7 Audi A4. Some mods, including DTM edition front and rear bumpers.

Girlfriends A3 8V on the right. Very stock.

DSC_6668.jpg

received_818242582439085.jpeg

Last edited:
Used to drive a 2018 mazda 6 2.5t or the Atenza in the game. It was a great car, good torque, beautiful interior and exterior, but had to return it as a lease. I somehow now got a 2020 Accord Hybrid, bought it as I needed to be conscious of these high gas prices, but hopefully will be shopping for something more fun when or if prices come down. I really want an M2 competition with manual trans. We shall see.

Since January 2023 I’m not driving the black with orange trim Mercedes CLA Edition 1 from my thumbnail anymore.

Just picked up my brand new ride, model 2022 BMW iX3 in cashmere silver colour.
  • Model M Sport
  • Impressive package
  • dark shadow package
  • electrically retractable towing hook
  • heated steering wheel

C22166A6-618C-4F8F-84DD-2BA8445AB288.jpeg

80CBCA6F-BC87-454F-B97B-653F28107C38.jpeg

5B6DC155-04BC-4095-AE32-02C8AA291124.jpeg

Last edited:
Throughout my 30:s, I did. The EUDM version of it. And the reason behind that was not entirely free from influence by Gran Turismo.

Attachments

• B9B82453-8551-4F69-AB0A-273CA72A8F60.jpeg
    B9B82453-8551-4F69-AB0A-273CA72A8F60.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
'95 Skyline GTR. Unmodified, but still much quicker than me!

It's almost, but not quite in the game. The R33 in GT7 is a '97 V-Spec version.

Attachments

• Skyline GTR.jpg
    Skyline GTR.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 10
Back