What do you ride in real life?

• Thread starter mrslick151
  • 322 comments
dbartucci
In pic #1 you can see a Mobil gas station, I believe Mobil only has service stations in America and Canada

We have Mobile in Australia too... but other than that, great observations... :sly:

shiawase4u
I currently ride a '80 Suzuki GS1000G. Restored to original naked form (Windjammer and saddlebags, are you kidding me???). It's a straight line point and shoot bike but riding a classic standard is nice.

I couldn't agree more. I have a 79 Yamaha XS11 that I'm restoring. Mine had a fairing and saddlebags when I bought it, too. And a trailer hitch. Nothing says "sporty" like a trailer hitch.

Nice pics 180, can't wait 'till im old enough to ride on the road :(

for the time being, ive got the odd knee down pic myself :D

ef0fdafd.jpg

yes it is actually me, we had a silliest picture competition on a minimoto forum ::D

dbartucci
In pic #1 you can see a Mobil gas station, I believe Mobil only has service stations in America and Canada

In pic #2 you can see the car has a New York state license plate ;)

In pic #4 you can see a sign indicating you are entering the city limits for the Peekskill, a simple search in Google for "peekskill" returns various results for a city in New York state named Peekskill

but enough about where 180bandit lives, it's his perogative to reveal or not reveal that info :)

YOU GUYS ARE HILARIOUS! THANKS FOR THE PROPS! my first trackday will be at pocono east.

Aus Rotten
'85 Yamaha RZ350, full fairing, rear sets, single seat, clip-ons...its quick!

They're awesome those little rockets. A mate had one but some low lifes nicked it. I've also had a full faired 84' model and the half faired 83'. Both 250's. The 83' I had the most fun on as I had 10 years experince behind me when I had it. Feel like I'm going to go into a rendition of "Memories.........like the corner of my mind......":ill:
Man I loved that bike.đź‘Ť

hit the (first trackday) track last weekend...then it hit me back at the end of the day! i caught a wicked highside at the end of the day. i was pushing it hard passing everyone and lapping some...then the rear lost traction then gripped...i ended up in the air upside down...landing on my left arse cheek and ankle. nothing broken...just bruised...lesson learned....invest in race tires...and get some sleep the night before.
KL9Z1021.jpg
KL9Z1023.jpg
KL9Z1024.jpg
KL9Z1025.jpg
KL9Z1026.jpg
KL9Z1027.jpg
me1.jpg

That's no good mate. Does insurance cover you or will you have to tell some porky pies.
Still alive and kicking. That's the main thing. Highsides really really really really hurt.:ouch:

180bandit
hit the (first trackday) track last weekend...then it hit me back at the end of the day! i caught a wicked highside at the end of the day. i was pushing it hard passing everyone and lapping some...then the rear lost traction then gripped...i ended up in the air upside down...landing on my left arse cheek and ankle. nothing broken...just bruised...lesson learned....invest in race tires...and get some sleep the night before.

[some pics]

Please try to use thumbs when you have so many pics. Scrolling to the right for 5 screens sucks.:ouch:

Krack
That's no good mate. Does insurance cover you or will you have to tell some porky pies.
Still alive and kicking. That's the main thing. Highsides really really really really hurt.:ouch:

insurance won't cover track riding....might have to tell some porky pies:sly:
the damage to the bike is about $1500.00...dunno...brainstorming now

dbartucci

In pic #2 you can see the car has a New York state license plate ;)

In pic #4 you can see a sign indicating you are entering the city limits for the Peekskill, a simple search in Google for "peekskill" returns various results for a city in New York state named Peekskill

but enough about where 180bandit lives, it's his perogative to reveal or not reveal that info :)

No, we have esso and mobil stations here...

And i knew it was USA from the pics because there are the SUVs and camry's that are very rare in the UK...and also the white van...
in the Uk it will probably be a ford transit...

Becaus I'm not old enough to drive a real bike, I have this 50cc bike where I'm driving on till I'm old enough to drive a real one :D

It was a standard 50cc bike, but did some tuning.. The top was first 65/70km/h and now topped it on 137km/h:sly: Changed the 50cc limited exhaust to a 70cc racing exhaust, from a 12mm carb to a 17.5mm carb and tuned up the cylinder a bit.. I also bought a new reartire, from 110mm to 130mm width:tup:

Btw, I've also changed the rearlight to a Lexus one with LED's in it, and the front has 1 Xenonlook light in it :)

Neocrox, it's got two wheels and an engine. It's a real bike that I bet has made you smile plenty of times. And 180bandit. For 1500 sounds like you got off real light. Well, apart from the pain and suffering and the indignity.:(

Krack
Neocrox, it's got two wheels and an engine. It's a real bike that I bet has made you smile plenty of times. And 180bandit. For 1500 sounds like you got off real light. Well, apart from the pain and suffering and the indignity.:(
Make me smile all the time but all those costs.. Damn! And that for only a 50cc..:grumpy:

Neocrox
Make me smile all the time but all those costs.. Damn! And that for only a 50cc..:grumpy:

Thats what i may be on the road to buying now! either that or a Derbi Senda, you have a very nice bike, it's obvious you treat it well, most RS50's have been run into the ground. đź‘Ť

PoliniJake
Thats what i may be on the road to buying now! either that or a Derbi Senda, you have a very nice bike, it's obvious you treat it well, most RS50's have been run into the ground. đź‘Ť
Thank you:tup: I have to admit, I have some damage.. I had to brake for a little kid just jumped on the road so I used my front brake to stop.. But I forgot it was raining.. You know what happends then:yuck: :ouch:

Being a motocross guy,i never gave it a thought to buy a road bike i dont even have a licence.Since last year though,i am interested in buying a 1000RR,i love this bike from the day it was revealed.
PS: i ride (2-3 times a year :) ) a CF50 (85cc) ...RM :lol: :lol:

BigRoach
Canfield:
Hang on to that jewel. That's a fun looking bike, there's an old CX1000, or C1000X, or something like that, at the dealership around here that I am always drooling over. Let's hear some specs on that thing. It's a shaft drive isn't it? How many cylinders? I thought the 1000 had a straight 6. Yours almost looks like a v-twin, mounted sideways like a Moto Morini, or whatever.

As a cx enthusiast I'll reply for Canfield. Honda designed the old cx500 engine from the beginning to withstand the pressures of turbocharging. In '82they turbocharged the 500 version of the cx's putting out something around 79HP on 19 lbs of boost. Turbo lag was evident and the initial compression ratio made it act like a Honda cb360 off boost. In '83 Honda applied lessons learned and got it right. Comp ratio bumped from 7.8 to 8.2 and displacement increased adequately enough to propell the 650 version of the engine around without the turbo and when the turbo kicked in (16lbs of boost) it did so with less turbo lag but with arm stretching torque. 80+ ft/lb (this should be changed to 60+ft/lb, my mistake) from 4000-8000 RPM's with 97Hp @ 9000 RPMs. These are very similar ratings to the Kaw Concours ZG1000's of the '86 vintage before they were detuned, but I'd think the Concours torque was over less RPM range.

Most of all, Honda was applying various technologies that would make their way into bikes 10-15 years further down the road. Electronic fuel injection being the main one. The bike was water cooled, shaft driven sidemounted v-twin and was supposedly rock solid @145+ mph. Through the corners, the torque of the engine "owed the road" and top speed and 1/4 mile acceleration was only barely topped by the Suzuki 1100 Katana. On a 30mph on boost roll-on race, nothing came close. On top of things, the paint job was second to none with metalflake pearlecent white/cream as a base with rich blue and red color mix.

Honda was "first out" with the turbo's but all 3 other Japanese manufacturers following suit in '82 through '84. Kawasaki's entry was the next most successfull and made even higher production. I think it was a 750 model with a 650 crank and heads to limit HP. The 750 was much more easily modified and HP ratings of 250+ HP have been attained with headwork, stroker crank, turbo work and nitrous. Some slightly modified 650 turbos' are believed to put out 115 to 120 HP without nitrous.

Even today, the 650 Turbo and Kaw Turbos will keep pace with and outperform current stock 600 to 900CC sportbikes. In a 40 mph on boost roll on up to 120mph only todays 1000cc+ superbikes such as a Hyabusa or Blackbird accellerate faster than a experienced turbo rider. They are however a little bit eccentric and require a little insider info to keep in top shape.
TonyG

Now that u mentioned Kawasaki turbo,here is a pic of my fathers Z1000T.It was imported from US, unique at GR. '79 model,equipped with a turbocharger built by cooperation of American Turbo Pak,and Kawasaki Us.
This bike later (1981) was sold and it was used as a draster bike by its next owner.

BigRoach
Goldwing...A cafe racer?!...wuh?

mikeandbikes9gd.jpg

Sorry about the poor quailty photo, that's all I have. This is before the new lower handlebars, front fender, removing the crashbars, etc. The Vulcan 750 next to it was my buddy's bike, but when he moved to Japan, I bought it from him.

I´m learning to ride with a GSXR1000, my first own bike, second summer now.
(Yes really, a bit of a thirties crisis, had I not bought a bike now, I probably never had.)

bike.jpg

This is from last summer. The pic represents close to how much/little lean I managed to achieve going for my first 10kkm, no place better to practise than track. Got no photos from this summer yet.

2006 Husqvarna 450 SMR, and 2001 SV650 (w/2001 R1 Forks and a few other mods)

I realize my form is crap in the SV pic, and that my trousers (knee pucks) are fitted like shiz...it has improved much since this pic....

grange5rf.jpg

grange47km.jpg

dsc654016ly.jpg

Back