What do you ride in real life?

• Thread starter mrslick151
  • 322 comments
Sweet! I know many bike mags and such are raving about the 675. Good for you! More pics when you can would be much appreciated.

KurtisGSXR

I pick it up this week. Ooof!
Eh, a factory Roulette Green 675? I was under the impression that Graphite Grey, Scorched Yellow, and Tornado Red were the 2006 colours. Special treatment for Hinckley boys, Kurtis? I'm Green with envy…:sly:

Samberto
Fantastic pic Jake. The barbed-wire/countryside is giving me Great Escape vibes…:D

If you ever come to the states rent a bike and ride around the Northeast area. CT, NY, MA, etc.. Some excellent country roads to rip on.... This photo was taken on the infield entry at Lime Rock Park Raceway in Lakeville, CT

See site. They have an American LeMans race coming up!!

http://www.limerock.com/

jake73
If you ever come to the states rent a bike and ride around the Northeast area. CT, NY, MA, etc.. Some excellent country roads to rip on.... This photo was taken on the infield entry at Lime Rock Park Raceway in Lakeville, CT

See site. They have an American LeMans race coming up!!

http://www.limerock.com/

Unfortiunatly, its nigh on impossible to rent a sportbike in the states. You can get as many harleys as you want tho. :yuck:

VERY disappointed about no TT600's, or more Triumph's in general in Tourist Trophy.

d525c707.jpg

I currently ride a ZRX1100, but I'm planning to get something else in the near future. I'm probably going to get a ZX-6R or one of those new Daytona 675s.

Flerbizky
Have you looked closely at the brakedisc ?... It's an perimeter job and it is trick as h3ll... Buell has used them extensively - I'm not really sure they carry an advantage over a regular setup, but it looks soooo sweet - a matter of form over function methinks....

Not true, they are purely functional. Since the wheel itself doesn't have to withstand braking forces, it doesn't have to be nearly as strong and as such they can make the wheel much lighter, and have less unsprung mass.

Oh, and I commute daily on a 1991 Yamaha Radian.
528dca3e.jpg

speedy_samurai
Actually, my meaning was that I know to/ and am able to keep myself relaxed before impact, (this helps!), and who said we use mats? I also know how to reposition my body in midair so that it lands in a position more advantageous, and less dangerous to myself.

I think your statement shows your ignorance of the subject. By 'bracing myself', as you said, I actually increase my chances of injury.
By "bracing yourself" I only meant, prepare for impact, which in your case I take it, means to go limp. Pardon my ignorance, but I don't think your ninja skills will help you if you fall off your bike.

Finally got my hands on an '02 GSX-R 750 last year after 5 years of longing. I first rode that model in 2000 and it was the best handling bike I'd ever ridden. The only one to beat it so far has been the VTR SP-1, but that is not a comfortable bike.

Haven't ridden any of the latest generation :( but to be honest this bike suits me so well I feel no need to change...

I've thought about the risks, and I've decided the trade off is acceptable. I have a 200 bhp car, but with the traffic around here I never get to USE it. On the bike, I don't have to think about the traffic, I just leave it all behind. I broke my leg 6 years ago at 10 mph, and it doesn't take much imagination to realise what a big accident will do, but I still consider that to be an acceptable trade-off. Each to their own.

FastEddie12
Finally got my hands on an '02 GSX-R 750 last year after 5 years of longing. I first rode that model in 2000 and it was the best handling bike I'd ever ridden. The only one to beat it so far has been the VTR SP-1, but that is not a comfortable bike.

Haven't ridden any of the latest generation :( but to be honest this bike suits me so well I feel no need to change...

I've thought about the risks, and I've decided the trade off is acceptable. I have a 200 bhp car, but with the traffic around here I never get to USE it. On the bike, I don't have to think about the traffic, I just leave it all behind. I broke my leg 6 years ago at 10 mph, and it doesn't take much imagination to realise what a big accident will do, but I still consider that to be an acceptable trade-off. Each to their own.

Evryone who gets on a motorcycle is either retarded, or aware of the risks.

Kudos on you for wearing leathers and protective gear. Its the *only* way to be. I always tell people, I will wear my gear if I ride to the mailbox. No ifs, ands, or buts. The GSX-R's are fantastic bikes! Suzuki found a formula years ago and stuck with it.. It just plain works.

BigRoach
By "bracing yourself" I only meant, prepare for impact, which in your case I take it, means to go limp. Pardon my ignorance, but I don't think your ninja skills will help you if you fall off your bike.

It all depends on how I fall off the bike which will determine whether 'my skills' will be of any benefit. But I do see where you are coming from. No amount of preparedness will benefit me if I hit something at 100km/h.

Spectre600
Its the *only* way to be.

It always amazes me to see that some riders won't wear a helmet or, even worse, when they ride without a helmet and in summer clothes like a t-shirt and shorts. Last year, I saw some peckerhead zoom around the freeway on his Kawasaki dressed like that and instead of boots or even shoes he had on... sandals! Uh, WTF? I'm not sure how he managed to upshift...

Cheers samurai and samberto!

I'm picking it up tomorrow, and yes, it is a nice perk of the job having any colour you like.

Although my first choice of Lucifer Orange metallic was rejected. So I got something equally as retina scorching.

I'll add a few pics tomorrow when it's here and not sat in the shop.

speedy_samurai
My wife and I are currently in negotiations over whether I am allowed to get a bike.

I suggest you enter into an aggressive negotiations which will yield a mutually beneficial compromise of letting her know who wears the pants.

Only being 15 i can't legally ride bikes on the road,

so at the mo' i race minimotos
i have a Polini 911 8.5 -

f1adf345.jpg

f47d23e3.jpg

and i did have a Polini gp3 -

polini_GP3_1.jpg
not my bike but it was identicle.

I also have a yamaha ttr125 and a honda monkey bike, and im looking at buying an aprilia RS50 if i sell my Polini :)

BigRoach
I hate to bring this up, as I love the Buell:

http://www.mybuell.com/

Roach, I might just be a tad biased, but it's not all doom and gloom with Buells. The Blast is one of the older range bikes, (I've heard they had some problems) and we don't import them to Australia, so I've never had any experience with it, The Ulysses however, is a great bike though... I was extremely impressed with it... although I do prefer the firebolt. I haven't had any problems with the Ulysses, lighting long or the firebolt.

Thanks mate!

I got it home last night, and just to spite me using up all those hydrocarbons, nature has seen to hit me with almost 24hours of solid rain.

So I've fitted an alarm and played with the lap timer.

the weather is going to be okay for the weekend but I promised the missus I'd go to a wedding with her.

Oh god I hope it's sunny next week!

KurtisGSXR
Thanks mate!

I got it home last night, and just to spite me using up all those hydrocarbons, nature has seen to hit me with almost 24hours of solid rain.

So I've fitted an alarm and played with the lap timer.

the weather is going to be okay for the weekend but I promised the missus I'd go to a wedding with her.

Oh god I hope it's sunny next week!
Fantastic Kurtis. Although I’m a fan of Lucifer Orange (could perhaps be confused with Tornado Red from a distance), your roulette 675 is probably one of the most distinctive factory bikes in Britain. Drool indeed. :drool:

How does she sound? :dopey:

Damn Kurtis, the more I look at that bike, the more I like it.
You got yourself a slick ride. I hope you take it easy at
first and then enjoy the hell out of it. 👍

180bandit
here's a couple of pics of my R1 with some other bikes
hottness.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

Good God MAN!
Now that is what I'm talkin about. That is one of the sickest
rides I've ever seen. Anyone who has some sort of satin black
on a bike like that, well my friend, I grew up in my dads classic
car paint and body shop and then proceeded to attend one of
the top art schools in the nation where I was even lucky enough
to take a course on the Machine Aesthetic(art of the motorcycle)
so you cold say I know my design, and you my friend, have good
taste. NICE BIKE. Take care of it.

I hope it is alright to go off topic briefly, but I was wondering whether anybody knows what the reasoning is behind the stubby exhausts on the Suzukis and the Yamaha YZF-R6. Is this about creating a smaller profile, about saving weight, or do these short exhausts yield better power or torque? I don't care much for their looks, preferring the under-seat exhausts followed by the more traditional side models, but if these small ones serve a practical purpose, I suppose it is better that form follows function.

Ducatista
I hope it is alright to go off topic briefly, but I was wondering whether anybody knows what the reasoning is behind the stubby exhausts on the Suzukis and the Yamaha YZF-R6. Is this about creating a smaller profile, about saving weight, or do these short exhausts yield better power or torque? I don't care much for their looks, preferring the under-seat exhausts followed by the more traditional side models, but if these small ones serve a practical purpose, I suppose it is better that form follows function.

It's about centre of gravity... Some designers believe that it improves handling and response to have the exhaust centred. Have a look at the exhaust on the Firebolt I ride here. The exhaust is down the bottom to not only centre it but lower the centred point of mass.

Back