First street bike was:
1998 Honda CBR600 F3 :)

Second bike was:
2001 Honda CBR 600 F4i :sly:

Current bike is:
2003 Yamaha YZF-R1 :drool:

My wife also rides:
2004 Yamaha YZR-R6

Well...If I told you that she got that bike for me as a surprise birthday present back in 2003, what would you say then?! :bowdown:

Something that would probably get me banned. :sly:

Nice one, happy riding. 👍

Darren.

My dad owns a limited edition colour Suzuki Bandit 1200

Attachments

• Bandit2.jpg
    Bandit2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 15
I don't have a streetable ride yet...(sadly:ill: )...but I do have an ancient (IMO) '79 80cc (actually 74cc, but for some reason considered an 80 class??) Honda dirtbike. Fun to mess around with off the street, where it belongs.:dopey:

Nice bike dreison.

I had one of those a few years ago. Got knocked off of it on the motorway at 90MPH. Scratched it up a little. :ouch: *shudders*

I may get another one day, I used to love that bike. :(

Darren.

I have a heavily modified Honda CBX750FE from 1984 - however there is only the bodywork and front half of the original frame left - everything else has been changed. Yam ThunderAce wheels, brakes and suspension, held on with custom billet mounts and yokes. Engine is a '97 CB750 with CBX head, all headwork and cams done, 116bhp at the wheel - not bad for a 22 year old air-cooled motor I think.

Downside - currently damaged due to some idiot doing a u-turn in front of me and me hitting the back end of his car at 60mph. Waiting for Police to prosecute him so I can get my bike fixed now> Will post a pic soon as I find one...

My new bike:
klein61ny9.jpg

It's an Aprilia RS50 Factory 2007 model but the Lorenzo version.. Wich are only 6 of them in the Netherlands:dunce:
JorgeLorenzoAssen.jpg

Brand new:sly: picking it up next saturday:dopey:

My new bike:
klein61ny9.jpg

It's an Aprilia RS50 Factory 2007 model but the Lorenzo version.. Wich are only 6 of them in the Netherlands:dunce:
JorgeLorenzoAssen.jpg

Brand new:sly: picking it up next saturday:dopey:

Woah, the new RS looks identicle to the Derbi GPR! apart from the paintjob, loving the lorenzo rep.

heres my Derbi Senda 50, have got other bikes but this is the one i use on the road:

Woah, the new RS looks identicle to the Derbi GPR! apart from the paintjob, loving the lorenzo rep.

heres my Derbi Senda 50, have got other bikes but this is the one i use on the road:

I was so going to photoshop a baseball bat through the front wheel of the first pic but I've got to go out in a minute. :D

Nice bike to start you off on the road, I had to make do with a TS50 back in the day...The only way I would've been taking pics like that would've been with a baseball bat of the non-photoshopped kind. :lol:

Darren.

I was so going to photoshop a baseball bat through the front wheel of the first pic but I've got to go out in a minute. :D

Nice bike to start you off on the road, I had to make do with a TS50 back in the day...The only way I would've been taking pics like that would've been with a baseball bat of the non-photoshopped kind. :lol:

Darren.

:lol: :lol:

It did take a few tries to get a decent stoppie shot, trying to learn how to wheelie at the moment, but the little 50 hasn't got enough grunt :( my brother had a TS50 when he was first on the road 👍

:lol: :lol:

It did take a few tries to get a decent stoppie shot, trying to learn how to wheelie at the moment, but the little 50 hasn't got enough grunt :( my brother had a TS50 when he was first on the road 👍

I bet that 50 is a kick in the pants to ride! With practice you could get anything to wheelie!

I bet that 50 is a kick in the pants to ride! With practice you could get anything to wheelie!

Aye true, it's getting there now, the problem is trying to get the front end up to "the balance" easy on my monkey bike ( :D ), but with the 50 having no torque whatsoever you've got to rev the balls off it then dump the clutch, it doesn't do the clutch any favours or the basket it sits in, so i'm not trying too many atm, im currently saving for a drz400 for when im 17, that'll wheelie :D

Aye true, it's getting there now, the problem is trying to get the front end up to "the balance" easy on my monkey bike ( :D ), but with the 50 having no torque whatsoever you've got to rev the balls off it then dump the clutch, it doesn't do the clutch any favours or the basket it sits in, so i'm not trying too many atm, im currently saving for a drz400 for when im 17, that'll wheelie :D

Here is a link to show you how much fun a little practice on a little bike could be.
http://www.uponone.com/videos.php?id=984

It looks alike the GPR, but the front is really different and I have an onboard computer:sly:

Nice Senda there, I especially like the DRD!

And here some new pics of my RS50:
klein72ge6.jpg

klein73op3.jpg

klein71uv9.jpg

And my 2003 RS50:
klein74qz7.jpg

The only bike I want for next year is a Derbi Senda DRD:dopey:
p1050255qw7.jpg

well i don't own a bike as i lost all my licenses before i got into em but the first(and probably the stupidest)bike i got on the back of was a hayabusa and the guy wanted to show me some respect coz i was baggin him out bout it(i'm a car guy...need i say more), DAMN!!! i looked over his shoulder at the speedo and saw something like 220kph, put my head on his back and said to myself... I DON'T WANNA DIE!!! after i got off i had a buzz for about 2-3 hours of adrenalin...... that was scary as hell but it gave me the bug!

*the 220kph was also like seconds after we took off from a red light

A Hayabusa to start with?!?!
bigeyes.gif
Thats how people get killed. I hope the guy that took you for that ride knew what he was doing?

yeah funny story that... i'd just bought my first car...crx... we were sittin at the pub(so i knew he had a few beers under his belt), bout 2 in the morning, were just going to leave and he says alright jump on the back....... my other mate said gimme your keys(for my car)....he said 'you'll be ok'.....it was a nice flat straight...we were coming up to the setof lights and there were two lanes with two cars in each at the lights...he slowly pulled in between the cars so as not to stop before the light changed and.......booooommmmm...off we went....but the scariest thing,you know how when you are on the pegs of a pushbike with someone riding it and you are going to fast and you feel like you want to jump off..... my reaction during the acceleration was to do this which obviously wouldn't have been a good idea as i'm told the bike does 0-60mph in like 3 secs. so yeah scary stuff...as i said it gave me a buzz.. i felt like i was on some crazy drugs...

now when i get my licence back i wanna get either a cbr600rr or a new gixxer750 or even a 954... but here in oz we got restrictions for first couple of years, nothing over 600 and no 600 supers ie cbr rr zx6 r6 etc... most end up gettin a cbr 250rr...but i do have a lot of respect for fast bikes now

*snip* so yeah scary stuff...as i said it gave me a buzz.. i felt like i was on some crazy drugs...

I still get that all the time. If I am out riding late at night, it usually takes me more then an hour to relax enough to go to sleep.

now when i get my licence back i wanna get either a cbr600rr or a new gixxer750 or even a 954... but here in oz we got restrictions for first couple of years, nothing over 600 and no 600 supers ie cbr rr zx6 r6 etc... most end up gettin a cbr 250rr...but i do have a lot of respect for fast bikes now

If you plan on riding by yourself, a 600 would be all you ever need. That was enough for me until I got married and started riding more 2 up. I moved up to the R1 for more low end torgue reasons then top end power. I ride mostly in the mountains at elevations of 7,000 to 10,000 feet and that big bike comes in handy.
More because I want to ride more relaxed. The 600 did ok 2 up but to keep it in the power band, the rpms had to be higher then I wanted to pay attention to. Now that my wife has her own bike (R6) and I could get myself into way too much trouble.

yah i hear that the 98 R1 is one mean machine that a lot of people killed emselves on... my mate who drove my car kows heaps about bikes and he told me if i got the 600rr i would kill the busa on city streets at least till we hit a really really big straight

i love hondas as i've owned two honda cars but i love the 750 GSXR and it has got good reviews from what i've read. one of my friends has just got a new gixxer 750, but he's crazy so i don't feel comfortable gettin on the back with him plus the fact it is his first bike after having a vespa which he used to fly around on...

I started with the hondas and thought they were good at the time. After having yamahas now for a few years I would never go back. As brands go in my opinion.

1. Yamaha
2. Suzuki
3. Honda tie
3. Kawasaki tie

I started with the hondas and thought they were good at the time. After having yamahas now for a few years I would never go back. As brands go in my opinion.

1. Yamaha
2. Suzuki
3. Honda tie
3. Kawasaki tie

i agree with your list, however, i do believe that the honda and suzuki would have to be swapped

1. yamaha
2. honda
3 and 4...tied, suzuki and kawasaki.

i work as a mechanic at a yamaha/kawasaki shop, and i own a 2005 r6. this bike feels better than the others to me. its a lot more nimble, but you have to rev the nuts off it to really get moving. keep it under 8 grand, and its just as civilized an anything else.

we see a lot more kawasakis than yamahas that come in for recalls, repair work, and failed parts. and the build quality really is that much superior on the yamaha. oil is always right on from the factory, everything is torqued right etc... but the kawi's arent so fortunate. its a 50/50 shot whether the unit has enough oil in the rear diff, or if the chain is tensioned right...and these are straight from the factory.

a buddy of mine has a 750 gixxer...and compared to my r6, i believe i can go faster on my r6 than his 750. the 750 likes to run wide coming out of the corners, and is a little looser going in. that means i can go in deeper and harder on my bike, and also get on the throttle earlier coming out.

i work as a mechanic at a yamaha/kawasaki shop, and i own a 2005 r6. this bike feels better than the others to me. its a lot more nimble, but you have to rev the nuts off it to really get moving. keep it under 8 grand, and its just as civilized an anything else.
I have heard that the 06 R6 wants to be wound even tighter! I have not riden one yet but hands down that is the sexiest bike ever!
we see a lot more kawasakis than yamahas that come in for recalls, repair work, and failed parts. and the build quality really is that much superior on the yamaha. oil is always right on from the factory, everything is torqued right etc... but the kawi's arent so fortunate. its a 50/50 shot whether the unit has enough oil in the rear diff, or if the chain is tensioned right...and these are straight from the factory.
Thats good to hear...3 years and 14,000 miles and not a lick of trouble with my R1
a buddy of mine has a 750 gixxer...and compared to my r6, i believe i can go faster on my r6 than his 750. the 750 likes to run wide coming out of the corners, and is a little looser going in. that means i can go in deeper and harder on my bike, and also get on the throttle earlier coming out.
Funny you bring up the 750 because that would be the main reason that Suzuki should be second on that list. Most all the magazines vote it the best all around sport bike ever made. Having never owned one but the track proving its muscle...Suzuki should have the edge over honda.

i think i was basing my list on a different set of priorities. as far as track presence, my list is totally different. i was basing my opinion on what i see at the dealership, and personal experience. ducati, though, will be a big player, and probably the only, as far as ama and wera are concerned. in heavyweight twins (wera) it (the 1098) will be a dominating force, that will destroy everything in its path.

And how about Aprilia? I drive Aprilia, and I can really thow it in corners, although the 2stroke Aprilia's really love to screem.. Have to keep it in the powerband all the time, otherwise they won't really accelerate. Enough talking, pics:
klein826tu.jpg

klein846qt.jpg

klein864qn.jpg

klein876wf.jpg

(it has a seatpipe btw)

Back