What do you think about Racing Gear item?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RetroJohan
  • 45 comments
  • 4,459 views

RetroJohan

A.K.A GT_johan
Premium
Messages
2,084
Sweden
Sweden
Messages
RetroJohan
So what do you think about racing gear item?

Do you think if there is will be a special racing gear like a chrome suit.

Also I was on Gran Turismo official site and found some picture.

avatar_cut008a.jpg


avatar_ui004a.jpg


And there is more picture at there site.
 
Instead of making this stupid useless ****, they should improve the game by fixing the bugs, and adding cars and tracks! We dont want to collect frekin driving cloth? we want to ****ing drive!
 
I agree with midnight snacks, i think there a good addition, as long as you dont start duping to get them all.
 
i want to know what the suit on the bottom right name is
 
I would've preferred to see bugs fixed, better support for wheels, more tracks, dlc etc but I do think it's a fun addition.
 
Obviously there's nothing wrong with additional features, but I still think they're a bit gimmicky.
 
Would have preferred wheel swaps for my standards.
But it's not detracting from gameplay, so its cool.
 
I wanted this more then anything else honestly. How cool! I don't like anything else people have mentioned. Seems like a waste of time.

And besides, you don't have to collect them.
 
Obviously there's nothing wrong with additional features, but I still think they're a bit gimmicky.

A bit gimmicky? That has to be the understatement of the year. :rolleyes:

I'm sure they appeal to the "chrome paint" crowd though. :yuck:
 
LOL at the idea of a chrome suite. I think these appeal to the obsessive compulsive person who has to have every car and paint chip in the game. I don't mind additions as long as the necessities have been addressed, which they haven't.
 
Gran Turismo the REAL Driving and Dress Up Simulator
 
Obsessive compulsiveness aside, i like the vast selection and collectability. Besides, if your going to be serious about the tuning/driving part you might just as well take care of the aesthetics too. Gear to match the ride is a nice detail when doing championship or endurance runs.
 
Obsessive compulsiveness aside, i like the vast selection and collectability. Besides, if your going to be serious about the tuning/driving part you might just as well take care of the aesthetics too. Gear to match the ride is a nice detail when doing championship or endurance runs.

Yeah, this is true, something is better than nothing I suppose :).
 
Sure, it can be argued that there's better or more important things they could have done instead, but it's nice to have the option to personalize a bit. We don't get a livery editor of any kind and with simply painting the car's we're severely limited by the whole paint chip thing, but being able to select different helmets and suits allows us to personalize something. Our drivers were just generic before this.
 
I hope that will come more difference type of helms like this one
velocity.jpg


or like this one
simpson-speedway-rx-racing-helmet-profile.jpg
 
It's a nice little touch, though I do wish they'd lose the whole item system.

On a related note, it's a bit of a fallacy to say they could have done better things with their time. Programming work is usually done by discrete teams, not everyone in the company has the skillset to work on the "better things". Even if they did, ask anyone who's ever in their life worked on a large codebase and ask them how well throwing more people at a problem scales. Basically it comes down to this: Do you want them to wait however long it takes the "big things" to get done for them to release anything or do you want to benefit from the things they've already finished however trivial ASAP?
 
It's a nice little touch, though I do wish they'd lose the whole item system.

On a related note, it's a bit of a fallacy to say they could have done better things with their time. Programming work is usually done by discrete teams, not everyone in the company has the skillset to work on the "better things". Even if they did, ask anyone who's ever in their life worked on a large codebase and ask them how well throwing more people at a problem scales. Basically it comes down to this: Do you want them to wait however long it takes the "big things" to get done for them to release anything or do you want to benefit from the things they've already finished however trivial ASAP?

Can't argue with that.
 
Instead of making this stupid useless ****, they should improve the game by fixing the bugs, and adding cars and tracks! We dont want to collect frekin driving cloth? we want to ****ing drive!
Judging by the posts on this and other threads, your opinion (which I share) may well be in the minority.
 
Well, I don't believe that they'd spend so much time on this feature alone. I'm guessing it was half-finished on the disc, until Sony forced them to rush the release:odd:
 
What makes you think it took any time at all? For all you know it was an art guy and an intern tossing it together in a few days. However much it took it most certainly didn't take the entire resources of the company for this one minor quality of life feature.
 
It's a nice addition AFTER they fix the driving and racing issues.
 
Yes it seems these items may have already been on the disc in some number, I like having something new to collect, it seemed trivial and stupid to me until I had 2 dozen of each and am hooked :p
 
I like them a lot. For this update, however, I would have preferred in-race saves for endurance races. Nonetheless I will enjoy building my collection of suits and helmets.

Also, once I get a rally helmet, I'll actually be able to see my drivers face! (And yes, you can get rally helmets. You can see them in the gear demo that plays on the main menu if it pops up)
 
I think it would be cool to be able to buy suits and helmets, rather than getting them at random and just hoping for a good one. There could be a shop with all of them for sale. Maybe one day, but first I would like to see in-race saves for endurance races, and some improvement to the paint shop. I'm going to get Forza 4 so I can make a decent custom paint/graphics job.
 
I thought it was pretty unnecessary at first, but now, I think it's fun to collect as many matching suits and helmets as possible. And as someone said, it's good to have gear that matches your car. :)
 
i like it because not everyone looks the same because of the only 15 original suits.
it gives a sense of individuality.
And PD if you look at these forums add engine swapping and drive type swapping i want to my cool FWD cars either all wheel drive or rear wheel!!!
 
Instead of making this stupid useless ****, they should improve the game by fixing the bugs, and adding cars and tracks! We dont want to collect frekin driving cloth? we want to ****ing drive!


👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
 
this may be a stupid question, but how do you dress your driver in the gear?
 
Back