what do you think are the most pointless cars that PD put in the game?

I do get that you can race and have fun in anything...

However we have a 125cc shifter cart and PD have dont nothing with it.

Further people just forget about some of the weirdness already here.

maxresdefault.jpg

THis is in the game. I only know about it because I won it on dwg and wondered wat the hell this $100k go cart was all about.

PD could have showcased this in league and sport events but have they???
Again, not unique to GTS, Project Cars 2 also has the 2&4.

Last edited:
Since @Brown TE37s mentioned the Ford Raptor, I want to share @Baka_Marimo running the Raptor in the Nations N500 Yamagiwa race back in June:

Link to his post

You really have to take a step back and question all your life decisions when you either:

1 - Barely qualify ahead of a truck by 3 tenths in your Porsche

or

2 - Somehow lose in your sports car to a truck that had to stop to refuel while everyone else did a no-stop.

The most pointless cars are dupes which has no performance difference whatsoever (i.e. Clio, Audi R18 2011, M6 GT3). All other cars you can make a case for them but these are just number padding. VGTs are borderline because of how bad they drive, but if we can change the default tune they'd be much better. They can make great photos and livery canvas as well.

GR.X cars, they just race themselves, doing the F1500 race in Professional in GT league is just pointless since all of them have the same power and weight

GR.X cars, they just race themselves, doing the F1500 race in Professional in GT league is just pointless since all of them have the same power and weight
That is in the game for One Make races.

Again, the cars aren't pointless. It IS pointless to have two SF19 cars and only one can race in a Custom Race. Why can't the AI split the field with the Toyota and Honda. PD stiuffed up many things in this game. The cars are not pintless.

I'll say, we can see the number padding. However, One car has endurance lights, they other car is a reveal livery and possibly basedon a sprint model.

The W08 isn't pointless. For whatever reason( Ithink someone pointed out the licencing for Codemasters F1), it's the only F1 car. We had the Ferrari F1, but not now. At least we get a bit of feeling how the latest(2017) F1 car functioned.

Every car in GT Sport is useful. There's a case that any one car serves a purpose. Point the finger at PD for not utilising, maximising all 338 cars, in this game. The Renault 8 Gordini, to underperform in the Nostalgic Gr.X races. However, create a lobby and race it against a Mini '65 and Fiat 500.
I can argue why put the R35 '17 in the game when the higher performing NISMO '17 is available? So, I get a "based" model left hand drive but not the right hand model? No matter if the car debuted in North America. PD may as well have offered one or the other or both in right & left hand drive versions.

There's two schools of thought here. If you dont care for leagues then a lot of cars will be useless. I do get that... leagues is a 'chase the rabbit' nonsense that should have never lasted out the PS3 era.

2ndly it depends on how you take to one make series.

I find one make in customs to be silly. There isnt much fun to be had there as the competition even at professional level isnt too good.

However there are one make series in real life and I do get the fact that they have to have one make F1500 and x2014 and W08 series because that's all the cars they have.... we cant have more more F1 cars.

So I accept that this is a compromise.

I would rather they have a leagues MX5 roadster race car series and a Mazda Demio cup and a AML Vulcan/P1GTR/Zonda R series etc.

Use those assets in leagues and in sport. I find that the challenge in leagues is ok.

I would rather they have a series for all their assets rather than none.

Pointless cars, there are a few. Something that is also pointless is when a Sport race is something like n300 or whatever, and everyone uses a higher car "tuned down" to meet the race requirements. I understand the logic, and the game lets you do it. But it defeats the purpose of the race rules. And it does make all the cars that are in the original class pointless in that race, since they don't get used. Anyway that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
cue 340hp Ferrari F50

I do get the dislike of driving downtuned cars... I drive a shocking lot of N600/700 cars downtuned to 400/500.

I feel like if you're doing that in your own time its cool but in sport mode is kind of dumb.

Uptuning is ok but down kind of takes people out of the game.

May as well say every car not Gr.3 & GR.4, are pointless. It was the core of the game. PD allow only those two cars to sign contracts with. Those Groups have the most events in Sport Mode.

If a player does Driving School and Missions, most of the cars are Gr.3 & GR.4. Pretty much only GR.4 are used in Driving school.

Circuit Experience are mainly GR.3 & GR.4.

Without the backlash from players, the game would be just as it debuted.

First think that comes to mind is that VW Sambabus.
Nothing exciting going for it really. I will race a few rounds with it in the campaign just for giggles and the replays.

Anything rallly is useless imho, amazed designers still fall into this trap, nothing but a distraction.

Personally I could do with way, way less road cars. Maybe a few at staggered powered levels but all that development time could be spent filling out the group c cars. I'd prefer a much more focused game, focused on race cars with clear classes based on real cars and real classes. Imagine v8sc, 2 litre tourer and say the old group 5 beasts and even a field of Caterhams

Funnily enough, I personally find the Renault Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy (2016) to be just this. You might be asking. ''How is the new(er) Clio worse than the Trackday cars or even the Vision Gran Turismo cars?''. Well, it's the same reason why I find the Chrome Lines from Gran Turismo 6 to be the worst additions of not only GT6, but the whole franchise, worse than the Stealth Models, no doubt (I don't hate the Stealth Cars, though. They're cool). If a racer like this claims to have less cars than previous games, but at higher quality in every sense of the word, I expect every car to mean something. Which is why I hated the Chrome Line cars so much. In some instances, the Chrome Lines are actually WORSE in every way than their original models, and more insultingly, they have the arrogance to demand you pay more money for them. This Clio does nothing but waste a slot that could've - and should've - easily been taken by the Clio Williams. In fact, let me give you a brief rundown on Renault/Alpine cars that could've easily filled in this slot.

Alpine A210 '67 (Group X, 1,650,000)
Renault Sport R.S. 17 ;17 (Group X, 2,000,000)
Renault Clio Williams '94 (N100, 23,000)
Alpine A610 Turbo 3.0 (N300, 67,000)
Renault R5 Turbo (N200, 43,000)

Back